It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN report Downplays Saddams Image To A Gangster!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I thought this article was pretty funny in a way.

The UN report, given by Charles Duelfer, portrays the former leader of Iraq as a gangster. With secret bank accounts and suitcases full of cash, to name a couple, Charles manages to expose all the corruption and dealings Saddam had.

The report says instead of a nuclear terrorist, Saddam was an international gangster.

From the main story

The report, delivered Wednesday by Charles Duelfer, who was charged to investigate the extent of Iraq's weapons programs, relies on internal Iraqi documents and extensive interviews with members of the former regime now imprisoned in Iraq.

Although Saddam opposed the program at first, he quickly realized it could be exploited and did so with mendacious verve until the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, former Iraqi officials report.

This guy was raking in the cash big time. All for himself.

Saddam was able to "subvert" the $60 billion U.N. oil-for-food program to generate an estimated $1.7 billion in revenue outside U.N. control from 1997-2003, Duelfer's report says.

What do you think he was going to do with all that money? I got it. Take a vacation in Las Vegas!

Here's the story! There's so much being expose these days. I still wonder what the October surprise is.

[edit on 7/10/04 by Intelearthling]

join