It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn State probe accuses Paterno of cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
AP -- July 12, 2012

Penn State probe accuses Paterno of cover-up

Penn State trustees hired former FBI Director Louis Freeh to look into the Jerry Sandusky problem.

He issued a very interesting report.

It looks like a high level cover-up was underway a long time ago.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Joe Paterno and other top Penn State officials buried child sexual abuse allegations against Jerry Sandusky more than a decade ago to avoid bad publicity, according to a scathing report Thursday that exposed a powerful "culture of reverence" for the football program and portrayed the Hall of Fame coach as more deeply involved in the scandal than previously thought.

The alleged cover-up by Paterno, then-university President Graham Spanier and two other Penn State administrators allowed Sandusky to prey on other boys for years, said the report by former FBI Director Louis Freeh, who was hired by the university's trustees to investigate.

He called the officials' behavior "callous and shocking."

IMO, this was pretty obvious from the git go

it's always all about The Program The program The Program !!!!!!

edit on Jul-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Joe Paterno should be sitting in jail along with Sandusky.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Joe Paterno should be sitting in jail along with Sandusky.

Paterno died last January after being fired by Penn State (cancer).

He is now known as "Paterno in the Eternal Inferno"

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I didnt know that lol.

Well I am sure he is getting what he deserves

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

F&S for the OP Xuenchen, (first time for me) and thanks for finally posting a thread with truthful content. Paterno was indeed a dirtbag and if he weren't already dead, I too would vote to lock him up for the rest of his life.

On the other hand, I think we have just begun to scratch the surface of this scandal. I'd just bet that before it's all over, there will be some new faces going before the judge trying to defend their actions, or lack thereof.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Thanks !

I get it right sometimes

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Not just Paterno. Several others were named as well.

This is strong evidence of just how big athletic programs can get too big. "Nothing must endanger the Program". Short sightedly stupid, 'cause all chickens eventually come home to roost.

Penn. St. football. Or any of the other athletic programs we can all name with little effort, sometimes get to thinking they're above the rules, or even, apparently, morality. Not the case, for which we should be grateful.

They, the Univ. officials, lost sight of what was/is important.

Charges will, undoubtedly be filed, or are in the process of being so. The NCAA death penalty should also be used. If SMU's program, and other less well known programs can be killed off for much lesser offenses, then Penn State football should suffer at least the same penalty.

top topics

join