It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Addresses Empty Seats at NAACP Convention?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Breitbart story
July 12, 2012
Biden Addresses Empty Seats at NAACP Convention

One day after Romney addressed a "full crowd" at the NAACP convention, V.P. Joe Biden "spoke".

It seems however that the "crowd" was a bit sparse.

No one really knows why.

But some are saying it is a "boycott" of sorts because Obama has chosen not to speak at the event this year !!! (I wonder why ?)

Others may see this as a "general boycott" of Obama and all the economic problems.

The media was quick to point out that Mitt Romney was booed at the NAACP convention yesterday (or were they saying “Boo-urns?”), but will they acknowledge that no one was there to hear Joe Biden’s address? CBS News and National Journal campaign reporter Rodney Hawkins tweeted that “minutes before” Joe Biden’s speech at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston “seats are pretty empty.” He provided the visual above.

The NAACP invites both presidential candidates to their convention every election year; in 2008, both Barack Obama and John McCain attended. This year, President Obama declined the invitation. There has been much speculation as to why President Obama chose to opt out, especially considering the convention’s theme: “Your Power, Your Decision – VOTE.” Apparently the convention-goers were hardly clamoring to hear his surrogate’s speech.

The low turnout could be due to weather, as Hawkins suggests, or perhaps it could have been in protest because the NAACP was snubbed by Obama. Or, maybe people didn’t feel it imperative to hear America’s Grandpa ramble on about how much he learned in a Reverend Wright’s church (though not THE Reverend Wright...).

Whatever the explanation may be, this is yet another misstep for a presidential campaign unable to find its footing.

I'm Sure it was the weather

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not So Breitbart: Biden Does NOT Address Empty Seats, Nor Jeremiah Wright

Another hoax headline being perpetrated by the Breitbart morons.

The picture above shows a packed house at the NAACP conference for the appearance by Vice-President Joe Biden. The speech was well received with the crowd even booed when he announced that he was wrapping up.

Nevertheless, the Breitbrats found a photo that was tweeted prior to Biden’s arrival and decided to post that with an article that said that “Biden Addresses Empty Seats at NAACP Convention.” Obviously, that was not true. The larger photo of an enthusiastic crowd was taken by a an actual reporter from Reuters. Not surprisingly, the mysterious editors at Fox Nation (who Fox refuses to identify) re-posted the Breibrat item as if it were certifiable news.

In addition to the false assertion of an empty hall, the Breitbrats sought to portray their fabricated story as a “misstep for a presidential campaign unable to find its footing.”

However photos of the audience during the speech show a full house.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Good find !!

Let's see where this one goes

Unbelievable

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They'll be showing excerpts from the speech on cspan for the next day, just as they did for Romney's speech yesterday, you'll see that both men addressed a full house.

Prior to Biden taking the stage the audience watched a video feed of Obama, and photos from that show a full house as well;

This same tactic was used by Breitbartians when Obama addressed the troops in Afghanistan, when they claimed he wouldn't go near the troops and used some sort of green screen to put fake humvees behind himself. It too was a ludicrous claim easily debunked, just as this claim is.

Not trying to take sides here, just pointing out reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
from Fox News / AP

Vice President Joe Biden rallied support for President Obama before the nation's largest civil rights organization on Thursday, declaring that Republican challenger Mitt Romney's election-year agenda would hurt -- not help -- working families in the black community.

Biden drew cheers as he credited Obama for championing a landmark health care law, launching the mission that killed Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden and stepping in to rescue the financial system and U.S. automakers General Motors and Chrysler.

"He has put country first," Biden said. ...[continues]

Biden rallies NAACP audience in support of Obama, in Romney speech rebuttal

Breitbart will get hammered this time I think

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Biden is such a huge tool, his toolness comes out in force when he opens his mouth. Why he was chosen by Obama as a VP is a mystery to me. His speeches should generally fill a venue for thier comedic effect alone!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Can we get Brietbart listed as a HOAX website on ATS???

Why do you continue to post this garbage and then act dumb like you had no idea it was a lie when you posted it???

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Why do you continue to post this garbage and then act dumb like you had no idea it was a lie when you posted it???

I used a "?" in the title. I thought it to be a bit strange.

Many of those articles are very very accurate when we look deep.

It ain't like it's from Sorcha Faal

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I second that motion!

Because that happens to be Xuenchen's favorite source for just the kind of news that any good troll would need to post endless threads full of ignorant BS. Furthermore, I'm not so sure it's an "act."

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Many of those articles are very very accurate when we look deep.

There was nothing accurate about Brietbart or the news coming from the website that continues to bear his name, not now, not ever.

Originally posted by xuenchen
It ain't like it's from Sorcha Faal

What are you talking about, It's worse! I sometimes think that Sorcha Faal uses both Brietbart & Fox News for source material. Remind you of anyone?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You know you’re in deep trouble when you have to get Joe Flippin’ Biden to bail you out!

After all, ole’ Joe is such a great public speaker.

Maybe after 70 years on this earth he has finally cleaned out all of the cobwebs….but I doubt it! Let’s be honest, this guy is a gaff a minute!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

You know you’re in deep trouble when you have to get Joe Flippin’ Biden to bail you out!

After all, ole’ Joe is such a great public speaker.

Maybe after 70 years on this earth he has finally cleaned out all of the cobwebs….but I doubt it! Let’s be honest, this guy is a gaff a minute!

Yeah, biden is pretty goofy.

But at least he doesnt pretend to be a news organization while posting absolute lies.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Obama couldn't make it?

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

Rush Limbaugh: Pshew! Folks, it's an alternate universe. It is the Twilight Zone. "I had time to go to George Clooney's house. I had time to hang around with his girlfriend. You ought to see that babe. She's six feet tall, former WWE. I mean, you ought to see her moves! I gotta spend time with her. I spent some time with Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz. I'm all over the place. I got time. In fact, I'm going over to Paris.

"Well, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get there, but Clooney's gonna be raising money for me in Paris in August, and I'll probably go to the Olympics. I'll watch the swimming. I'm not going to Martha's Vineyard, that wouldn't look good, but I've been there the last two years. I had time to go to New York. You know, Michelle and I went to the greatest Broadway play and couple of nice restaurants.

"We took both Air Force Ones, you know that? We went to Spain. Well, Michelle went to Spain. I went to Hamburger Heaven, but that doesn't matter. I just don't have time to come to Houston. I just can't bop in to your convention. I had dinner at Sarah Jessica Parker's house. Oh, I wish you all coulda been with me there. Anna Wintour from Vogue magazine came in. We had these clods -- uh, uh, members of the public -- that won a chance have dinner with me.

"And I'm going back to San Francisco. I'm going back to Beverly Hills. I got some more fundraising to do with some movie stars. I've been to 158 fundraisers, and I'm having more fun than ever. I'm eating well. Everything is just exactly as I had imagined. I just don't have time to come to Houston. Now, I gotta go because Clooney's on the phone. There's some problem with Paris that I gotta figure out. But you keep doing what you've been doing. We're gonna be just fine."

.....and don't forget the time he spent with the Miami "Heats"

edit on 12-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Video of Bidens NAACP speech, showing the crowd. "Empty seats"? Another Breitbart lie.

Gotta love how Breitbart trolls use these lies to start another round of bashing that have nothing to do with the post title in question.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Packed or not, a Democrat speaking at the NAACP convention is not news, whooptie freaking doo.

The fact that Obama sent Biden is yet another example that Obama only uses his base when it's convenient for him.
Example: He already has the black vote, so why bother attending.

By contrast, Romney's message is consistent regardless of who he is speaking to.
He doesn't have to modify or tweak his speeches just for the sake of sucking up for votes.
Sure Romney got booed yesterday but he also got a standing ovation at the end.
Romney was brave for doing it and got plenty of respect as a result.
If he decides to pick Condie Rice as a running mate, the Libs will implode.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Romney's message is consistent regardless of who he is speaking to.
He doesn't have to modify or tweak his speeches just for the sake of sucking up for votes.

You're being sarcastic, right?

mittromneyflipflops.com...

'I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.' -mitt romney
There's no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs.' -mitt romney

'It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.' Mitt
'I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there.Mit

'

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Can you tell me which ones are from 2012 campaign speeches?

Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Didn't think so.

Lol, you said Romney "doesn't have to modify or tweak his speeches just for the sake of sucking up for votes. ", and I proved you several instances of him doing just that, and thats all you can come up with?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Didn't think so.

Lol, you said Romney "doesn't have to modify or tweak his speeches just for the sake of sucking up for votes. ", and I proved you several instances of him doing just that, and thats all you can come up with?

I wouldn't say "several" because they repeat after just a few clicks, and most are conveniently taken out of context.

But if all that you can come up is one about the minimum wage, your retort is extremely weak because that one is taken out of context too, hint, the key word is "excessively".

Vietnam? How does that affect whether people will vote for him or not?

My point is, if he wanted to suck up just to get the black vote he would not have said he will repeal ObamaCare!
It took a lot of guts for Romney to do what he did and most people, especially blacks, respect people with big cojones.
Sure he got booed, but he also got a standing ovation.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You should be careful about posting things you get from known slanted websites. What I like to do is check all available sources BEFORE I share information so I don't get embarrassed later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join