It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare Headed Our Way!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Aurora forecast

Forecaster Comments: A significant event located on the Sun facing Earth took place on July 12. The effects of this event will begin to reach Earth early on the 14th of July GMT. Observers in North America should watch for aurora on the nights of the 14th and 15th local time. Depending on the configuration of the disturbance, auroras may be visible as far south as the middle tier of states. Activity may remain high also on the 16th. Auroras should be visible Southern New Zealand, Tasmania, and of course, Antarctica

Thanks for that. I was wondering if I would be able to view any auroras, but unfortunately, I am too far south to catch the light show.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I don't know your location but these forecasts are fAr from exact sl don't give up hope. Forecasting for the ,idle Teiresias states is fairly rare so if it hits good I wouldn't be too surprised to see it go lower

In other words don't give up hope and be sure and take a peek.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
well i was gonna post a quote but it had already been posted lol

I live in TX but i am definitely gonna take a peek outside and see if i see it. It is something i have wanted see as long as i can remember.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

I don't know your location but these forecasts are fAr from exact sl don't give up hope. Forecasting for the ,idle Teiresias states is fairly rare so if it hits good I wouldn't be too surprised to see it go lower

I'm in Tennessee. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for cloudy skies with storms all day and all night on Saturday. So, even if I could have seen it, the clouds would hide it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm in Tennessee. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for cloudy skies with storms all day and all night on Saturday. So, even if I could have seen it, the clouds would hide it.

Based upon a study of cloud formations, aurorae, comets, meteorite showers and other celestial events over many many years here in Ireland I can state with authority that ANY celestial event worth viewing causes clouds over the area where I live. The main cause of cloudy weather is aurorae and if the viewing range extends down to our area, as it often does, the heaviest cloud will form.

It is a matter of some argument in the house because SWMBO says the clouds cause the celestial events. I beg to differ.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Another flare, another thread *yawn*....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The flare is due to hit in a few minutes according to the SWPC model. You should be able to see the incoming on this instrument.

The HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer

OMG it's HAARP - not it is not. It is an instrument that measures the magnetic flux at the Gakona facility. Nothing to do with the HAARP instrument.

reply to post by AgentSmith

Thank you for your contribution to this thread and to a greater understanding of solar flares by the ATS membership.

It is only through the diligent observations of upstanding members like yourself continually striving to deny ignorance that people will learn not to fear the world around theme and will build up their own knowledge base of our planet.

Through education we can seek to remove fear and misunderstanding in others to enrich and enhance their lives. Your post obviously had a great impact in this respect.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

reply to post by sled735

Same here in South Jersey. I woke up to a small shower, but all cloud cover. I hope the clouds don't last all day, but according to local weather, it may be cloudy all weekend...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
update to post by PuterMan

SWPC was incorrect. The flare is hitting right now.

Gakona 1 hour induction magnetometer readings

edit on 14/7/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The flare hit two days ago. The CME is arriving now. A few more things to watch:
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
geomag.usgs.gov...
edit on 7/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
The flare is due to hit in a few minutes according to the SWPC model. You should be able to see the incoming on this instrument.

The HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer

OMG it's HAARP - not it is not. It is an instrument that measures the magnetic flux at the Gakona facility. Nothing to do with the HAARP instrument.

reply to post by AgentSmith

Thank you for your contribution to this thread and to a greater understanding of solar flares by the ATS membership.

It is only through the diligent observations of upstanding members like yourself continually striving to deny ignorance that people will learn not to fear the world around theme and will build up their own knowledge base of our planet.

Through education we can seek to remove fear and misunderstanding in others to enrich and enhance their lives. Your post obviously had a great impact in this respect.

LOVE IT!!!
Thanks for that response!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nit picking Phage?
Yes OK. I knew what I meant - and so probably did other people.

A bit lively but very little variation in vertical and east. That is just about all north.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by sled735

Update that the CME released by the sun is traveling faster that originaly forecast and will have a direct effect on Earth sometime Sat.

This will not have much of an effect on us other than possibly some pixelization in your digital signal from you cable company during a show or a little additional static on the radio. They even said it will not have much of an effect on us. This is what they said in the article .
"Finally, solar protons accelerated by the blast are swarming around Earth. The radiation storm, in progress, ranks "S1" on NOAA space weather scales, which means it poses no serious threat to satellites or astronauts. This could change if the storm continues to intensify. Stay tuned."

Now if it intensifies later that will change. So don't go out and start screaming down you neighborhood road "the end of the world is here just yet"

Thought I would re post my earlier post since this event is over and well we are all still here and still have electricity and communications are all still up. Then I got in my car this morning and what do you know my GPS is working just fine.
edit on 7/16/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join