It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible supports life on other planets.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I hear all the time that acknowledging Ufo's would put an end to religion. I humbly disagree. There are multiple accounts in the King James Version Bible of ufo's and spreading humanity across the heavens. The main question is there a limit to GOD? We cannot just put GOD in a box with parameters, because he won't fit.
Everyone knows of Ezekiel's wheel and other references to strange flying objects but lets look at the more obscure verses on the subject. Such as
Deuteronomy 30:3-5 That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will returnand gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the the outermost parts of Heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee.

At one point we were scattered throughout the heavens. Eventually to return to the land of their forefathers.
So, the argument that a Christian cannot believe in ET's or aliens is absurd.
This is the discussion for this thread is to back up with scripture your statements if you believe differently, and lets search for the truth.

edit on 12-7-2012 by hanyak69 because: spell check

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

Can you post some quotes showing this acknowledgement of extraterrestrial beings? And life on other worlds?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
interesting aliens fallen angels ufo,s would have no impact on my faith in the Lord Jesus christ

Who are who do the 24 elders represent we see enthroned in Heaven ?

Hunted by UFO,s
I had a dream recently, we were in an upper part of a farm house, wooden beams, some thing we were carrying had a chip, so we relized those hunting for us, knew where we were.
we had to leave at once as we did, men appeared as i went to make my exit, i thought its to late, they are already here, they appeared on the slopes either side of the house,

but it turned out they were resistent fighters, hunted like our selves, we made it known our location was known, we had to move, i went out of the back of the house, along part of a tunnel, this other youth joined himself with me, i wanted to make my own way, but he insisted in staying with me, i knew the terrain, and where i was heading, while making my escape, i entered a field with some horses in,

the spirit within me enabled me to be able to leap quite a distance, land and leap again,
ships that looked like ufos came into view, one landing quite near to us, me and this lad went to ground, only a small group left the craft, one was being wheeled in a chair, his head going from side to side, he had the ability to scan, i was hoping our form because there were to of us, would be harder to detect, but this was not the case, we had been scaned, discovered and were caught, being led into the craft, again resistance fighters appeared, throwing bags containing explosives down shafts,

we made our way through the craft, that inside was not much different to a ship, cafe, restraunt,
people working, we were free again, made our way to some buildings, looked like a collage,
a girl asked about the craft that had landed, we made out things were ok, knowing hers and others fate was about to change, we made our way past a group of students coming our way, looking away not making eye contact, so not to be revealed later.

those who were hunting us were human in form, not alien, or reptican, it was more along the lines of the chronicals of riddick, yes they were human, but some thing for them had been changed, as was the fate of those they caught. by these forces of the anti christ.
we made our way in to the woodland, country side.

Will there be a under ground resistance , i hear of people setting up now in remote places

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Read the post when they were scattered to the outer most parts of heaven they became extra-terrestrial.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How would you feel & how do you think religious fundamentalists would react to learning that aliens were in fact responsible for our leap on the evolutionary scale?

Do you think that a belief in a ‘god’ would or even could continue at all if a race of aliens returned and said “yep, it was us that assisted your development & you are such silly animals for thinking we were gods”

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Jesus was in the world , he made the world, and the world knew him not, less make man in our image, God is spirit.

Jesus Gods son, came to reveal our Heavenly Father to us , Jesus says who has seen me has seen the Father to, me and my Father are one.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I always said that if aliens were ever proven, it wouldn't make a difference to religion, because they will always be able to take a quote from the Bible and interpret it as God creating other living things than what is on Earth.

Why oh why then, doesn't the Bible (the supposed entire Word of God) not contain a Creation story with life created elsewhere? Oh yeah, they were "scattered"

Even then, God was supposed to have created one intelligent species with free will, and all other species were designed for food/clothing. Yet there would be these "scattered" beings with the ability to travel the Universe?

Religion never fails to make me facepalm. There could be a God, and if there is, i'm happy to just live my life being good, and if he/she is not unjust, then they wouldn't demand worship, wouldn't punish beings who question their existence and would lovingly accept everyone. If he/she is unjust, then they don't deserve worship.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

The Bible was written for man, not man for the Bible. Read the book of ENOCH it has alot of out of this world stuff in it. Others will say that this book was cast out of the BIBLE long ago. If the book of enoch has no authority then why is it quoted by the Apostles? The book talks of the Fallen angels and the nephalim mating with humans. Which is also in the book of Genesis but the book of Enoch goes into more detail. So yes it does talk of other species coming to earth.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by hanyak69

Fallen Angels, well those are Angels, not alien species, they were messengers.

Nephilim were giants weren't they? That doesn't necessarily mean aliens that came to Earth and bred with humans, that could be any sort of "larger than human" humanoid/animal.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Even if the Bible could be twisted to mention Aliens, the Bible is fallable in the first place, therefore is not proof.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the the outermost parts of Heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee.

That there is your proof ?

He's being hypothetical.

He's saying that even if that were the case that ......Oh geez never mind.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
I hear all the time that acknowledging Ufo's would put an end to religion. I humbly disagree.

edit on 12-7-2012 by hanyak69 because: spell check

I dont give a stuff about religion but is there still a passage in the bible somewhere that sates something like "god made man in his own image" or has that quietly dissappeared from recent versions of the bible?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I don't worship any of those book gods personally. Before I woke up I was a bible studier though. I don't think the bible really hits on this subject one way or the other. Here is a good question. Would an extraterestrial need to be baptised and recognize Jesus as the son of god to go to heaven?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
John 14:2

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you"

this one strikes me as meaning there being more worlds with intelligent life not just our planet and they (intelligent beings) believe in a God too.

in my Father's house - Most interpreters understand this of heaven, as the special dwelling-place or palace of God; but it may include planets or the universe, as the abode of the omnipresent God.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if superior Aliens weren't in form of God and disproved all the Bibles infallible truths (creation, man is the center of creation, Adam & Eve etc). Christians wouldn't have nothing to come back with. I almost feel sorry for them.

Christians know in the back of their minds that it is highly improbable superior Aliens would back up the Bible and have Jesus as their savior. But they're still desperate to find some common ground to allow belief in both, because they know their charlatan worldviews don't and won't stand up to scrutiny.

And to forestall the desperate rationalizing, "God made it vague in the OT texts because ppl weren't ready at the time", is not a compelling argument. Considering that the texts can be interpreted in other ways than "space aliens" and that God "doesn't lie" - which he would be doing (or very close to it) by keeping this information extremely vague leaving his followers to commit desperate revisionism to fill in the gaps for him post-hoc.

Also this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The bible is one of the most metaphorical pieces of literature that ever existed. Those who claim to believe in it word for word, turn around in the next sentence and say "but it means blah blah blah" right after they had said just before that it was infallible. They want to claim it is to be taken verbatem yet try to interpret it in the same breath. It can't be both and they're going to have to pick one and stick with it.

If it is verbatem, it contradicts itself, therefore it isn't true.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

I pick verbatum. It only contradicts itself when it is intepreted. When read literal it does not contradict itself. The problem arises when people do not want to know the truth and so they spin what is written to fit their agenda.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You do realize that technically angels are extraterrestrials, don't you?

Think about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Heres some advice. Forget the bible. Set yourself free. Even if god is real why on earth would you follow him. "the lord is my shepard" christians are among the most closed minded religious people there are, i mean you literally are referred to as sheep by "your lord". If he exists as a physical being, he must be evil an controlling. Why else would he give us free will then forbid us from the tree of knowledge. I was bought up as a catholic. I realised. I seriously wish i wasnt baptised it makes me feel sick.

Once you realise youve been blind this whole time, youll know

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The book of enoch is NOT part or related to the bible. You may as well dig through the quran

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

And the bible doesnt for one second, even slightly support the idea of life on other planets. It doesnt even support the idea of planets

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join