It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Law Repeal Efforts By House GOP Cost Nearly $50 Million:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Lets just hope they don't fail.
Our freedom is at stake.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I wonder how much money do the republicans have to waste before it matters? They keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

Does it matter to anyone here, that more and more Americans support ACA? And the things your reading about ACA might be untrue?

I read it is going to cost more in the next 10 years than both the Iraq and Afghanistan war combined. Is that true?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I'd rather see that money spent on something that advances our civilization (proper, affordable health care) than more bombers, missiles, warheads, tanks, ships, etc.

Then we are in agreement, we both want to repeal the ACA as it does not deliver proper, affordable health care. It is going to skyrocket health care costs which are already unaffordable. Pretty soon unless you are rich you won't have access to anything meaningful. Unless you think an EXTRA $260B a year is somehow going to bring health care costs down. Last I checked when I pay more I don't pay less.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Let's break it down to numbers average people actually deal with. Let's make the $50 Million dollar effort to repeal 5 cents and the 1 trillion (conservative estimate) that Obamacare is going to cost $1000. Would you make a 5 cent bet that offered a small chance to win $1000? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If anything we're not ready / undeserving of a national healthcare system if it were ever to be implemented. But what the obamacare bill actually entails (at least previously) was pretty sketchy and terrible. The leaders of this country would get the premium version of the bill which they don't have to pay a dime because the tax-payers would.

I can only see economic downfalls and possible inevitable death of the American economy with national healthcare and no, I'm not exaggerating. If you anger businesses and have them jump overseas or completely make them bankrupt, you're destroying the nation from jobs and income. Sooner or later this would only allow large corporations to rule because the small ones can't compete since paying for healthcare for each employee is too hard. This my friends might be the beginning of the complete takeover by giant corporations.

This is all my opinion obviously and just ideas thrown out loosely. Play with it, and see if you can make something out of this

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Don't get me wrong, I agree that our debt is unsustainable and that some we need a comprehensive approach to solve this issue. I just dont agree in the policies promoted by the GOP.

At the end of the day though, for the last 20 years democrats and republican administration have decided to kick the can down the road and now we are in no position to either raise taxes or cut spending because of the damage done in the last 20 years.

I have no faith that either President Obama or Mitt Romney will tackle this issue seriously but in deciding which policies I will like to see implemented I side with Obama on this one.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

In doing so you side with increasing the debt. There is no "if" with Obama. It's a certainty. Sorry, I want kids someday, I could never do that to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

What I chose to believe is that this current administration did anything they had to do from keeping the country out of getting into a deeper recession or an outright depression. If McCain had won the presidency I have a hard time believing he would have done much different besides not adopting Obamacare and we would probably invaded Iran.

Our economy by no means is out of the woods yet and any President either Obama or Romney will have to adapt their policies to the winds the economy blows.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

What I chose to believe is that this current administration did anything they had to do from keeping the country out of getting into a deeper recession or an outright depression. If McCain had won the presidency I have a hard time believing he would have done much different besides not adopting Obamacare and we would probably invaded Iran.

Our economy by no means is out of the woods yet and any President either Obama or Romney will have to adapt their policies to the winds the economy blows.

An invasion of Iran would cause far less debt than Obamacare. Obama has no clue what he is doing, I gave him a chance when he won, I am sad to say he was everything I thought he was. I really did not like McCain either, he probably would not have done any good, just caused less harm. I was a Romney supporter in 08, and will be in 12, the guy knows economics, it's what he's done his entire life. The question you need to ask is how many more TRILLIONS are you going to allow Obama to blow through? My answer is zero, my answer is Romney.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, but we both want the same thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Well, I HOPE he and his team of goons has no clue what he's doing because that would mean that there's a bigger picture involved right? My mind is just so confused about everything this administration has done

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, but we both want the same thing.

I think so as well. All the things you want from Democrats you will never get so long as Democrats are in power. Without a strong economy it is impossible. Social Security should have Trillions, but due to a bad economy the money was taken, now it has to be borrowed from China to pay for the Trillions that should be there collecting interest not debt. What about medicaid/care, what about education, the things we want need to be funded. I am already resigned to the fact my life is going to be a struggle, the question is what about the next generation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join