It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Law Repeal Efforts By House GOP Cost Nearly $50 Million:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

While Republicans lambast the cost of implementing health care reform, a new report shows that their efforts to repeal the law have come at a major cost to taxpayers -- to the tune of nearly $50 million.

The House of Representatives again voted to repeal President Obama's signature health care law on Wednesday, marking the 33rd time Republicans have attempted to take down the legislation. The 32 previous repeal efforts faltered at the hands of the Democrat-controlled Senate; the latest attempt is unlikely to break that pattern.

House Republicans have voted to repeal Obama care for the 33rd time Wednesday. The party of smaller government, the party that blames all our problems on food stamps and welfare have no problems wasting tax payer money for nothing.

CBS' Nancy Cordes reported Wednesday that Republicans' many fruitless attempts at repealing the Affordable Care Act have taken up at least 80 hours of time on the House floor since 2010, amounting to two full work weeks. As the House, according to the Congressional Research Service, costs taxpayers $24 million a week to operate, those two weeks amounted to a total cost of approximately $48 million.

Was this $48 million well spent? This article has a wealth of information about other things the Republicans have done, including attempting to deny salaries to government officials that enforce the health care law.

Health Care Law Repeal Efforts.....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Aw, thats nothing compared to the Trillions that the bill itself will cost.
I dont see their repeal efforts being successful though.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'd rather spend a little to save a lot.

And that new tax bill will cost far more than just a measly $50 million dollars. It will cost hundreds of millions of dollars in the end and even contribute to the national debt.

So really, this is just more liberal hyperbole to bash conservatives and Republicans while trying to save their precious tyrannical Obamacare.

They can't help themselves, they must always prey on people's emotions and manipulate them using any dirty trick necessary.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

House Republicans have voted to repeal Obama care for the 33rd time Wednesday. The party of smaller government, the party that blames all our problems on food stamps and welfare have no problems wasting tax payer money for nothing.

to my mind a $50 million campaign/disclosure of the facts is not wasted money...

because if the ACA/Øbama-Care monstrosity gets implemented in full force we will be at least $1 Trillion in debt as a result

thats just not me saying that.... there is a groundswell of republicans along with some democrats that see through the smoke-screen

edit on 12-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
how much did the tyrants spend to pass the bill in the first place?

oh no worries. at $900 billion it will reduce the debt.

i mean $2.6 trillion that is

$2.6 trillion

$2.6 trillion

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
House Republicans have voted to repeal Obama care for the 33rd time Wednesday.

Did each time cost $48 Mil? If so, then using the CBO's revised estimate of Obamacare adding $1.8 Trillion to the nation's debt, they only need to hold their repeal vote 37,467 more times to equal the cost to the tax payer of this crappy, stupid health bill. The law of averages states that, eventually, they'll manage to get it right and fully repeal it. The average lotto player buys tickets for odds a lot better than 1 in 37,467 so I say "Carry on!"

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

More Americans approve than disapprove of the Affordable Care Act, a new poll from Pew Research Center shows.

The poll, released Thursday, shows that 47 percent of respondents approve of the legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama in 2010, while 43 percent disapprove. That marks only the second time since April 2010 — when Pew started tracking support for the law — that approval of the Affordable Care Act is above water.

The first time occurred in March of this year, when Pew found that 47 percent of respondents approved the health care overhaul, compared with 45 percent who disapproved. Thursday’s poll shows that there has been movement in public opinion of “Obamacare” over the last month. In Pew’s June survey, 43 percent approved of the law, while 48 percent disapproved.

Pew Poll

The more Americans learn about the ACA the more support its gaining.

I think its sad Congress can throw money away like they are.
edit on 12-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I saw an ad on TV recently... it is all silly really.

A lot of the info seemed misconstrued and the focus seems to be on the "false insourcing" claims. :/

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Good thing they're all salaried because then it might really have cost that. They get paid the same whether they are picking their noses, voting on issues or talking to the press. Maybe you're saying that's how much time in money was wasted. The truth is, their job is to fight for the ideals of the people who elected them . They are doing their job.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Only 50 Million?

How much is Harry Reid going to spend to stop the Senate from voting on this? Because Lord knows many Democrat Senators don't want to go on the record on this. Heck I can't think of many Democrats up for reelection this year that even want to attend the Democrat Convention.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What we are witnessing is a last attempt from a dying party to get into power before all hope is lost.

They will fail though...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

So do you want to spend $50m or $2.6T. Say it with me, 2.6 trillion in 10 years, that is the cost of Obamacare. That is more than double the ENTIRE cost of Iraq and Afghanistan. You going to pay my share?

ETA: How much did Democrats and Obama spend to get this monstrosity to begin with, was that money well spent? Guess you don't want to talk about that though do you?
edit on 13-7-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wonder how much money do the republicans have to waste before it matters? They keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

Does it matter to anyone here, that more and more Americans support ACA? And the things your reading about ACA might be untrue?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Both nothing compared to the black projects budget.

But that's for another thread.
edit on 13-7-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I'd rather see that money spent on something that advances our civilization (proper, affordable health care) than more bombers, missiles, warheads, tanks, ships, etc.

We spend too much on defending ourselves from imaginary enemies to justify our high military budget.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Can you even name ONE Democrat up for re-election that doesn't want to go to the convention?

Or are you just blowing smoke?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How about we kick all of those bums out?

Whether they repeal it or not, they'll eventually # something up.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I wonder how much money do the republicans have to waste before it matters? They keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

Does it matter to anyone here, that more and more Americans support ACA? And the things your reading about ACA might be untrue?

How are they wasting money? It has been pointed out already that those guys are salaried. They can try to repeal it 100 times and my tax rate wont go up. But wen this tax bill goes through my taxes sure as hell will go up.

And you do polls every day and come up with something different. I didnt get asked to vote in whatever poll that was. Did you? It all depends on who was polled and how much faith you put in the source. I would say that half of the people who say they support it dont even know what is in it and they think they are getting free healthcare. Calling it a healthcare bill was a stroke of genius and possibly the biggest lie told in the last 4 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

How about we kick all of those bums out?

Whether they repeal it or not, they'll eventually # something up.

Great idea. We will work on kicking all those bums out so we can repeal it next term.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

What we are witnessing is a last attempt from a dying party to get into power before all hope is lost.

They will fail though...

What we’re witnessing is the latest attempt by the right to save this country from imploding under the weight of Obama’s spending habits.

…and it will be repealed eventually; it’s unsustainable - even a dummy can figure that out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join