It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 chief Sir John Sawers: 'We foiled Iranian nuclear weapons bid' - Daily Telegraph UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
MI6 agents have foiled Iran’s attempts to obtain nuclear weapons but the Middle Eastern state will succeed in arming itself within the next two years, the head of the Secret Intelligence Service has warned.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Article excerpt/beginning:

MI6 agents have foiled Iran’s attempts to obtain nuclear weapons but the Middle Eastern state will succeed in arming itself within the next two years, the head of the Secret Intelligence Service has warned.

Sir John Sawers said that covert operations by British spies had prevented the Iranians from developing nuclear weapons as early as 2008.

However, the MI6 chief said it was now likely they would achieve their goal by 2014, making a military strike from the US and Israel increasingly likely.

Sir John gave a secret briefing to the Cabinet in March about Iran’s growing military threat but this is the first time his views on the issue have been made public.

It is extremely rare for the head of MI6 to disclose details of operations by the intelligence service......

------

More chatter.....take as you will....seems to go against the voices saying nothing is going on in Iran.
Another high level voice...

If taken at face value - 2014...then that would leave a strike by October/November 2012 or a strike in May-November 2013+ (As Nov 2012-May 2013 is winter and a strike is not feasible due to environmental factors)...which presumably is past the "Window of opportunity for Israel to strike" because more pieces of the nuclear program will be underground at Qom, Parchin, etc...

Of course 2013 makes no sense, because that is 2013. ;-)

...unless the calendar is off by a year and it really is 2013, not 2012.....just like the turn of the millenia was really 2001, not 2000....but nobody really realizes the significance of that because they don't remember the world changing event in 2001...they just go on and on about Y2K being a dud..... ;-)

edit on 12-7-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External quote tags added. Please see Using external content on ATS Thank you - Jak

edit on 13/7/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's not something I'd take at face value myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maybe they are just laying the bed for the reasoning behind a strike on Iran that they know they have planned and is coming?

What difference does it make if Iran does have nukes? Most other countries have them. Would be better if we just all didn't have them at all tbh.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maybe they are just laying the bed for the reasoning behind a strike on Iran that they know they have planned and is coming?

What difference does it make if Iran does have nukes? Most other countries have them. Would be better if we just all didn't have them at all tbh.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So all we have is his word no proof. Where's the evidence? Before attacking a country which btw he leaves his out we need hard evidence. England's government is run by Zionist just as much as Americas is so a report like this is no surprise.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos

The bed of reasoning....I like that...just like pre-IRAQ preparations in 2003/2004, whatever year it was when Colin Powell slept in the bed of reasoning too.....but will it be ARAK this time too? Heheheh....

As for your other comment -- but without nukes, we can't have a -- NewClear War -- to lift the fog of confusion that hangs over our collective LIVEs and CULTures - big or small - past or present... take back all that nuclear weapon development effort...and where would our economies be too? You know...eCONomy and JOBs first....or is that JOB/HOPe first?

atomictraveler.com... - $5 trillion+ according to this site

Zooming out further...maybe it is best to think of everything as a choreographed CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE novel....run by the folks behind the curtain (like the Wizard of Oz) at our local Emerald Castle....who wants to part the curtain?

well..I'm digressing and talking in riddles...need to learn how to be silent.. me bad me bad....
edit on 12-7-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This worries me a lot. We are basically being informed that a war is coming, from the head of one of the world's most powerful security agencies.

The UK will no doubt be involved somewhere along the line in a supporting role. We never miss the chance to get involved when Iran is the target. "Look at us world, we are still ever so such a big player".

top topics

join