It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal Gestapo Tactics Are Being Used Against Homeowners All Over America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
pussy footing again America? ffs use your 1st and 2nd amendment rights it goes like this,

people approach your property line, probably have no trespassing signs on fence, then you yell this "eh #er got a warrant?" if not then simple tell them you will fire at them, if they trespass on YOUR land, problem solved, if they do have a warrant, well you can also put up land mines and trip wires, just make sure ya got warning signs, that way it's their own fault... hell no trespassing is a serious thing where i come from, not hard to make a few bodies disappear in a desert, after a mountain lion or a pack coyotes done with it no one will know >.>

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubosh
pussy footing again America? ffs use your 1st and 2nd amendment rights it goes like this,

people approach your property line, probably have no trespassing signs on fence, then you yell this "eh #er got a warrant?" if not then simple tell them you will fire at them, if they trespass on YOUR land, problem solved, if they do have a warrant, well you can also put up land mines and trip wires, just make sure ya got warning signs, that way it's their own fault... hell no trespassing is a serious thing where i come from, not hard to make a few bodies disappear in a desert, after a mountain lion or a pack coyotes done with it no one will know >.>

We have a Winner!

I like your style.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I was led to believe I was being silly worrying about the property taxes owing, told they don't really take your home away. My daughter missed her payments and isn't being persued over it. Of course she is the one assuring me not to worry. It clearly states if you dont pay its put up for auction, on the invoice they send if you read it, which I did many years ago. I told her to look in the newspaper every September to see the list of homes going for auction. I have messed up some of my payments not understanding if I get the grants or not.
I'm in Canada.

In saying this, I don't think its anything new. These rules have always been in place, but maybe now they are enforcing them.

I do think this is all part of setting the stage for their grand scheme.

The rules are getting ridiculous.
Most people don't notice or care enough to protest. They just do as they're told.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I live in the Rio Grande Valley in a little (and I meen little) town called Donna here in South Texas. This little flyspeck of a town now has the highest property tax in the entire county.
Why?
Is it because we have a terrific water park, high end low cost hotels drawing tourists,or maybe it is because we have such a hotbed or industry that people are snatching up property by the ton?
Well the answer is none or the above. We have a ton of "Pulgas" or flea markets, and taco stands. This area looks more like Mexico than it does Texas so why such a high property tax?
The Donna- Rio Bravo International Bridge.
en.wikipedia.org...
This 25 to 30 million dollar international bridge was dreamed up, built, and then opend in 2010 to huge fanfare (about 15 people) stating it would be a huge boom for the city of Donna.
Well somebody forgot that unless you have commercial traffic you dont make much $, and neglected to put a commercial inspection station at the facility. So now what we are paying for is nothing more than a very expensive bridge to a non tourist city on the border.
And our "represenatives" have a lot to say on this. Point the finger and tell us tough.
"Council members acknowledged residents’ protests that the rate could hurt businesses and cause some locals to lose their homes, but said they had no choice due to the roughly $30 million debt on the Donna-Rio Bravo International Bridge. The bridge has struggled to draw traffic since it opened Dec. 14"

Irene Muñoz told a group of residents at the meeting that, according to financial advisors at Dallas-based firm Estrada Hinojosa, Donna did not have the option to default on the bridge debt and the money would be collected either way.

“Basically, what (past councils) did is they used our tax rate as collateral,” she said. “We are bound by that.”

Muñoz addressed rumors that some dissatisfied individuals would be seeking to recall council members, but said no one would be able to change the obligation.

“It doesn’t matter who you put in here, it’s the same situation, the same song and dance,” she said.
www.themonitor.com...
So there you have it.
I bought a house in a small border town to be resposible and only buy what I could afford, only to have this small town over extend itself by dreaming it was a big city.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It isnt right that someone's home (which may even be bought and paid for) can be bought at the court house steps for the tax owed. What should happen is that when the house is sold or transferred that the lien must then be satisfied. Perhaps if it is a property tax they could cut off utilities to the residence (assuming not severe heat or cold) until the lien is paid or arrangements made. The other disturbing trend which is not peculiar to housing are the confiscation laws. Grandma's home is confiscated because her grandson was caught with drugs in it and they use the law to take her fully paid for home even tho it was paid for before he was born and the law was intended to stop the sale of ill gotten goods (ie real estate) by drug dealers. Or some "john" gets caught having sex in his car with a prostitute and his car gets confiscated as if property can be guilty of a crime (and the value of the car could be 100x the fine and no due process is necessary). I could go on and on..........

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubosh

Do that and the media will demonize you as some kind of lunatic or terrorist.. they will then kill you

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
When you give state and local government more power, you are turning control over to politicians far more corrupt and petty than federal politicians. Local and state officials are also a lot easier to bribe, which is why corporations love it when more authority is handed over to local officials.

Once again it is all part and partial to the whole conservative, free market states rights agenda. All power is concentrated into hands of the local gentry. Stop buying into the BS.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is just another example of the evil that is covering the world right now. This is not new evil, it's the same evil just affecting more people now because a lot of people like that job. This evil is able to flourish because there are people willing to do the evil for a paycheck, for their own ego, etc. (liars are likely thieves too ya know).

I know people will roll their eyes when I say this is all in the bible, but it is.
There is a lot more evil on the way (so pull up a chair...if you still have one), because people are willing to do the wrong thing for various reasons or they have lied so much they don't even recognize right and wrong anymore.

No one will own property. I knew that because by taxing property you must rely on those in power to not raise those taxes (we are not supposed to put our trust in man, with the exception of a rare few, we are flawed). When you buy a home, under the conditions that can be changed by others...you are screwed because you are depending on the unlikeliness that the other will always do the right thing (we ought to know better). Yep, it's in the bible.

I also know those who get to comfy being in authority without accountability will turn corrupt and greedy. There has never really been accountability for most these people, at least in my life-time. I am not smart, (I just stayed at a holiday Inn express last night)... ha no...I just have a smart book in my possession.
I know many people get different stuff from this book and argue about dumb stuff, but I find practical stuff in there *dances in chair (sorry, got carried away there).

It's almost funny that people give the most respect and honor to the most corrupted high-minded people who seek authority positions in this world (and we put them there... too funny), and they are the very ones who are predispositioned to abuse that power. Life does have a sense of humor hop on board, attitude is everything (I wish I could remember this when crap happens to me, I'm already in trouble). I hope you can laugh at these life events, because we helped create this situation. *hands everyone a hanky and a hug.
edit on 14-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't like taxes any more than anybody else.

On the other hand, what I pay in property tax to the county is still less than what it would cost me to provide a private school for my kids and grand kids, cheaper than hiring a couple of guys with motor graders and tractors to scrape my road in winter and patch holes in summer, cheaper than paying someone with a bush hog to cut out my ditches and right of ways, cheaper than paying the monthly fees for security and policing my area, cheaper than my having to pay a waste industries to come and pick up my trash, cheaper than buying and maintaining a pool, a library, EMS services on demand, firetrucks and safety, maintaining lake front parks and swimming areas, picnic grounds, and probably a few others I am missing.

Sure, I could do without those things and live in an area with no taxes... but I work hard and I play hard... and I like those services. All that for about 500-600 bucks a year.... not bad.

I suggest that if your taxes are overwhelming... move, sale everything and move.... do some research, find a nice quaint rural area... and move. that's what I did and a few of my neighbors did too. The ones from up north, they especially love it down here in NC. They have even started to like fried chicken, sweet tea, nosy but generous neighbors... still hesitant with grits.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The real scary scenario is when we have a perfect storm created by the Great Depression II (coming) and the Agenda 21 plans (also coming). When state and local governments are strapped for cash they will seek to raise property taxes. Dont pay your property taxes and you lose your house (land, farm, etc). That is one way they will get people to give up their homes and land....tax them up the wazoo where it is not economically feasible to hold on.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It's all designed to do just that.

They shuffle people into the cities with promises of services.

They cant afford to fund the services so they raise taxes.

Farmer Joe's taxes blow up his fixed budget in a time of economic downturn. (How the hell can anyone justify raising property taxes in a down economy?)

Farmer Joe sells if he can (likely he cant so he just loses it all) and moves into the city to get the food stamps he now needs.

It's happening everyday in the land of the free.

It's so incremental and geographically spread out that most wont notice whats happening until it's too late.

Ted Turner will get his billion acre reserve and the UN Nazi's will get us all into the great future city into tiny one room efficiencies eating soylent green and embedded with our work-duty chips.

All because some asshole politician wanted to keep the voting mass happy by #ing property owners in the ass to fund their handouts.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by comawhite12
I live in the Rio Grande Valley in a little (and I meen little) town called Donna here in South Texas. This little flyspeck of a town now has the highest property tax in the entire county.
Why?
Is it because we have a terrific water park, high end low cost hotels drawing tourists,or maybe it is because we have such a hotbed or industry that people are snatching up property by the ton?
Well the answer is none or the above. We have a ton of "Pulgas" or flea markets, and taco stands. This area looks more like Mexico than it does Texas so why such a high property tax?
The Donna- Rio Bravo International Bridge.
en.wikipedia.org...
This 25 to 30 million dollar international bridge was dreamed up, built, and then opend in 2010 to huge fanfare (about 15 people) stating it would be a huge boom for the city of Donna.
Well somebody forgot that unless you have commercial traffic you dont make much $, and neglected to put a commercial inspection station at the facility. So now what we are paying for is nothing more than a very expensive bridge to a non tourist city on the border.
And our "represenatives" have a lot to say on this. Point the finger and tell us tough.
"Council members acknowledged residents’ protests that the rate could hurt businesses and cause some locals to lose their homes, but said they had no choice due to the roughly $30 million debt on the Donna-Rio Bravo International Bridge. The bridge has struggled to draw traffic since it opened Dec. 14"

Irene Muñoz told a group of residents at the meeting that, according to financial advisors at Dallas-based firm Estrada Hinojosa, Donna did not have the option to default on the bridge debt and the money would be collected either way.

“Basically, what (past councils) did is they used our tax rate as collateral,” she said. “We are bound by that.”

Muñoz addressed rumors that some dissatisfied individuals would be seeking to recall council members, but said no one would be able to change the obligation.

“It doesn’t matter who you put in here, it’s the same situation, the same song and dance,” she said.
www.themonitor.com...
So there you have it.
I bought a house in a small border town to be resposible and only buy what I could afford, only to have this small town over extend itself by dreaming it was a big city.

In a word...that Sucks!

Gotta get those town folk together and have an old fashioned bridge burning party some night.

Well maybe a few of the good ol' boys have some tree stump removal items out back in the shed that that can be used if the powder is still dry...

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I understand the angst about the taxes, the hidden agendas, the policies and results that simply do not make sense.

However, I see in one avatar...Live Free Or Die..the motto of New Hampshire. In NH, if memory serves me correct, they have no propertytax, no income tax, allow gunownership on demand, and a few other things I can't remember.

Up in Alaska...because of the oil revenues... the state actually pays the citizens... last time I checked it was about 2500 bucks a year.

My point is... we could sell our belongings and property and move to these places and start over... just like the pioneers. You could live up in the backwoods and rough it in a genuine cabin, live off the land and in tune with nature... no GMO crap, fresh fish, fruits, veggies, fresh air... real clean mountain waters...

Who wants to go?

There are places to move to that would provide what we say we want. Truth is... many also want convenience, paved roads, regular street maintainance, policing, lights, heat, water,... won't find that on the back 40 in the Yukon... so we pay property taxes. We trade a certain amount of freedom and money for services from the city, town, county. Quid Pro Quo...

Otherwise, move to Booger Holler, Kentucky... down an old gravel road, hook up the generator, split a load of wood to cook and heat with, go fetch a bucket of water, work in the garden all afternoon... and realize tommorow is saturday... bath night... and think of all that property tax money you get to keep.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Thanks for the North Dakota property tax update. I drive truck 48 states and no one I've talked to has heard about it.

Back in 2009 I compared various states taxes. Total state and local tax burden amounted to 11%. Some states had higher sales taxes and some had higher property taxes, but 11% total on income and/or wealth was the estimate.

All taxes will go up. The system is not oriented toward economic growth, but toward economic control. A low tax today is a potential lever against the taxpayer, should it ever be needed by the controllers

The gold stipulation for allodial title was based on having no third parties involved in the transaction. If fiat money is used, then the issuer and guarantor of the currency becomes a party to the transaction, according to Micheal Badnarik (the only person I've heard dicussing the topic). I infered that an allodial title can have only one party involved.

Any body know a practical way to buy a property and its mineral rights, or the cost of mineral rights in general?
edit on 14-7-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

Thanks for the North Dakota property tax update. I drive truck 48 states and no one I've talked to has heard about it.

It was a little blip in the news. Just the idea that someone might even be talking about doing away with property taxes isn't popular with most states and counties so MSM was quiet about it.

I do like NDs economic policy (a state owned bank since 1905) and it is the only state that has been running consistently in the black while the other 49 have been bleeding to death. This new oil boom is interfering with their normal stable economy, though, and from what I've heard finding a place to rent now is impossible in many towns and prices for everything are through the roof. Take paradise, put up an oil derrick.

The gold stipulation for allodial title was based on having no third parties involved in the transaction. If fiat money is used, then the issuer and guarantor of the currency becomes a party to the transaction, according to Micheal Badnarik (the only person I've heard dicussing the topic). I infered that an allodial title can have only one party involved.

Another stipulation that I had forgotten about on getting allodial title is the need to have the original abstract when filing. That alone probably shuts out most homeowners today.

I didn't know Michael Badnarik even talked about allodial titles, but I'm not all that surprised, he's another one who scared the cr@p out of the establishment.

Can't answer to your last question, but I think various states have different rules on mineral rights.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Dont pay your property taxes and you lose your house (land, farm, etc). That is one way they will get people to give up their homes and land....tax them up the wazoo where it is not economically feasible to hold on

It happened in Pittsburgh some years back (I am sure it happened in many areas of the country already). Out of the blue they hiked up property taxes drastically and thousands of elderly lost their homes. When I read some of these people saying pay or move, I can only hope when they are old they are in the same position these elderly people were in, so they can learn why it's wrong and experience some much deserved karma.

Not only has this ability been abused, so has every other ability given to the government. There is not one area that the government holds control of that they have not used improperly for gain already. Your local leaders, they are corrupt too don't be mislead, they have a bag of dirty deeds to squeeze what they desire from their public and will use it as needed. Funny how no one cares that much until they are on the receiving end of a shake-down.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great thread and it's sad it's all so true. I have been saying this for some years now to friends and family who still think they are living the "American Dream". More like American nightmare if you ask me. The cold hard fact is no matter which way you figure it, you don't own any land or home, you simply rent it from the government until you die. If anyone doubts this simple fact, try not paying your property tax and see what happens.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

While property taxes may benefit the community directly ...

No property should ever be seized !

The city should place a lien like anyone else .

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atom12Excellent post. The problem is that homeowners have been too lazy to fight for their rights and change one darn thing about any of this.

I dont think that's it.

It's a classic case of... "you say anything, we'll make it worse".

Kinda like the TSA issue I read about tonight where the woman was gropped by TSA, and nothing was done, but when that woman showed the supervisor what took place and even without doing the touches the TSA guys done on her, she was charged with battery. So how exactly do you fight such things again? Especially when our rights to complain, take action or say a damn thing has been taken away from us. What has not been taken away doesnt matter, cause it will. You can cry, scream, and shoot a person point blank over issues this country is dealing with, appaulling stuff, yet, nothing, not a thing, not one, you can do to alter how it's become. Everything you try to do will be met with defeat and or punishment.

So... Do you really think we, anyone, has a snowballs chance in hell in making any changes for the people?

not a one

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

Dont pay your property taxes and you lose your house (land, farm, etc). That is one way they will get people to give up their homes and land....tax them up the wazoo where it is not economically feasible to hold on

It happened in Pittsburgh some years back (I am sure it happened in many areas of the country already). Out of the blue they hiked up property taxes drastically and thousands of elderly lost their homes. When I read some of these people saying pay or move, I can only hope when they are old they are in the same position these elderly people were in, so they can learn why it's wrong and experience some much deserved karma.

Not only has this ability been abused, so has every other ability given to the government. There is not one area that the government holds control of that they have not used improperly for gain already. Your local leaders, they are corrupt too don't be mislead, they have a bag of dirty deeds to squeeze what they desire from their public and will use it as needed. Funny how no one cares that much until they are on the receiving end of a shake-down.

2 years ago here, there was some hubbub about the local governments complaining that property taxes were under what they should be and the excuse they used was, they had not looked into updating the tax code in many years. The update cost taxpayers around 100$ additional $ or more for their property. Many homes (like mine) were dated to be nearly 50 years old, and taxes were still raised on me.

Now tell me.. How does a home with failing plumbing, any of the water lines are plugged up from many years of buildup. There is probably a cavern under my property from the washout that has been taken place under the property for I dont know how long. I know this. I unplugged my hottub in my back yard to drain one day. There wasnt a wet spot on the ground, but the water vasnished very quickly as though it leaked into something and just went poof.

Roof was shot.. Work was needed to insulate the home.

So, how exactly was my home worth more than I paid for it suddenly, a year after buying it, when so much was wrong with it?

Its a lie.. It's a scam. You're just here to pay someone else. Nothing more

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join