It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Effect - The Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I searched and did not find a current thread.. Sorry if it was created under a different name or in wrong forum.

Sooooooo..

You have got to be joking right?! Wrong.. The Hollywood left and the Obama regime are now making a movie.. to quilt black voters to vote for Obama.

What sickens me most is how its apparently about his 2008 campaign .. just in time for the 2012 election

your thoughts?

smh -_-
edit on 12-7-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
All i can say is i agree with this comment from the Youtube link.

How did Dutton go from Alien 3 to that piece of "crap"..

Propaganda piece is right.

Obama even skipped the NCAAP event today sending Biden.

There are more African Americans out of work today than there were 4 years ago, and film or no film they are going to vote for him.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I got sick to my stomach!

edit on 12-7-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I got sick tom stomach!

I feel that .. and I have to goto my second job here in a little bit. Its going to be a sucky night lol

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I do have to say I am surprised this is not getting more attention. Not even from the trolls

Anyways Im off to work and I will check back later =)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Wow! I didn't even know about this movie! Thanks for posting. It looks really good. I'll be interested to see it.

I seriously doubt Obama had anything to do with the movie. And it's not about him, anyway. It's about the historical election and it's impact on one insurance salesman, his family and their circle of friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
S+F for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH everything in hollywood is political.

Everything.

So yeah, he probably didn't have anything to do with it personally, but you can get that money can be sourced back to somebody supporting him. If it's not about him in any way, then why else use his name?

That's like if somebody was making a movie about Bain Capital. Either way it's good publicity for Mitt.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not only is Hollywood a huge political machine. Combine the movie industry with Presidential politics and you gain yourself a propaganda machine rivaled only by Germany circa 1938.

I love me some good ol' fashioned blatant propaganda.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Not only is Hollywood a huge political machine. Combine the movie industry with Presidential politics and you gain yourself a propaganda machine rivaled only by Germany circa 1938.

I love me some good ol' fashioned blatant propaganda.

Exactly! .. I see it this way .. Obama may have not made it to the NAACP convention .. but this way he can hit all of the black community in one swoop.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
All i can say is i agree with this comment from the Youtube link.

How did Dutton go from Alien 3 to that piece of "crap"..

Propaganda piece is right.

Obama even skipped the NCAAP event today sending Biden.

There are more African Americans out of work today than there were 4 years ago, and film or no film they are going to vote for him.

Agreeed the movie is political kool aid at best, but you have to be kidding me to say that Alien 3 itself is anything but a giant piece of %&*t.

Alien 3?

You're acting as if Dutton is Robert Duval or Morgan Freeman or something. He is most famous for Roc and the field guy in Rudy. To claim that this is a step down is a bit of kool aid drinking in itself.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
At least "W" didnt come out until the end of Bush's second term. Dropping a movie like this in an election year is a bit disgusting...

Damn, I despise politics.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
At least "W" didnt come out until the end of Bush's second term. Dropping a movie like this in an election year is a bit disgusting...

Damn, I despise politics.

We should actually be thankful it's not a dam reality show.
I think we can use about 50 less of those.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
BH everything in hollywood is political.

I didn't say it wasn't political. I said Obama didn't have anything to do with it - in response to those who are suggesting that Obama somehow is working this to get votes "right before the election"... In fact, they didn't even involve the White House.

For Dutton, the film's subject matter was especially important and it had to be done his way. "I could've pitched the idea to a studio and got it made but we decided not to do that because I didn't want a studio executive dictating to me what kind of film I could or couldn't do on the first black president," he said. "At the same token, we never reached out to the Obama campaign or the Obama cabinet because I didn't want to be dictated to on that side of the fence, either." As for any concerns at the White House about the film's portrayal of the president, Dutton guarantees a positive reflection. "They can rest assured that this film is not offensive to the president, it's not offensive to the office of the presidency and it's not offensive to America."

Source

You could say this is the work of an unorganized Democratic "Super-Pac" - One big commercial for Obama.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Never heard of it before this ... Looking at the trailer I have to say it looks like a crappy piece of political propaganda. Im sure Obama didn't personally handle anything with this, but you can bet your backend his people were at the very least 'contributors or advisors' in some manner.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let's say some of Obama's people were somehow involved... Is that a problem? What's the "sin" of it? What's wrong with people doing things in hopes of getting the guy they want elected? What's wrong with that? What's wrong with using the resources available to "campaign" for a president?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

The power of propaganda to sell the crappy political figures that grace the government this days.

Is not leadership in our nation so to make it look like we do now movies are style fanfare to glorify and add to the illusion of what leaders are suppose to look like.

Hollywood style politics

I don't blame the propaganda and those behind it, after all we all know that Obama has prof to be one of the crappiest president that has been in the white house, and I can not believe I voted for him and that I thought Bush was crappy.

Darn they all crappy.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Let's say some of Obama's people were somehow involved... Is that a problem?

I didn't say it was a problem. But let's not say that this is just some innocent hollywood movie either.
Let's not whitewash what is obviously an agenda. It is what it is ...

Originally posted by marg6043
Darn they all crappy.

The other day I actually caught myself missing Bill Clinton.

After Bush43 and Obama ... I'm thinking Bill wasn't so bad (comparatively speaking)
Scared myself silly with that thought!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I didn't say it was a problem. But let's not say that this is just some innocent hollywood movie either.
Let's not whitewash what is obviously an agenda. It is what it is ...

Do you mean an "agenda" to get someone elected? Isn't that what everyone is doing? Anyone who volunteers for a campaign, pastes a bumper sticker on their car, posts something here in favor or against any candidate... We ALL have an agenda, right?

So, why single out this movie as "not innocent", as if it's guilty of something nefarious? Posting something against Obama is as much of an "agenda" as this movie is. I guess none of us is innocent of that.

I'm thinking Bill wasn't so bad (comparatively speaking)
Scared myself silly with that thought!

Are you having "those kinds" of thoughts about Billy?
You're not alone. I've looked back on his presidency with fondness, myself.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, why single out this movie as "not innocent",

Um ... because this thread is about that movie.
If it were a general thread about other things I'd have posted about the other things.

[ Are you having "those kinds" of thoughts about Billy?

Well .. um ... not 'THOSE' kind of thoughts
but I'm looking back and thinking that he did well with finances .. even though I hated what he did with the military and I thought his muscle flexing with Kosovo was wrong ... but compared to Bush43 and Obama he's a gem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join