It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Make This Stuff Up!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This one has me speechless..

Woman watched NASCAR on TV with deceased friend for 18 months

No, it's not Halloween yet, but it's easy to understand why you might think so after reading this: Prosecutors in Jackson, Mich., are considering charges against a woman who kept her dead friend inside their home for nearly two years, in part so she could continue to watch NASCAR races on TV with him.

Yes, let me repeat it again so we all understand: Linda Chase kept the dead body of her friend, Charles Zigler, sitting in a chair in the house they shared for 18 months so she could watch NASCAR with him.

"I didn't want to be alone. He was the only guy who was ever nice to me," Chase told Michiganlive.com.

The article doesn't say who she, or her guest rooted for in the races..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I vote her to get her own reality tv show...Desperate Women.

That is a toss-up between creepy and sad.

des

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Earnhardt fans are weird that way
:shk:

The world's going to hell, I tells ya.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its weird, but I've heard weirder

edit on 12-7-2012 by Sinny because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"I didnt want to be alone"

who is to blame her?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I cannot imagine the smell!!! Talk about not being able to let go. So the corpse is decomposing as she munches on snacks while watching the races.

It would smell better if she used a mannequin or a life-sized doll. This woman is obviously mentally ill. You can be sure she will soon have plenty of friends to watch NASCAR with, in the institution.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Its weird, but I've heard weirder

edit on 12-7-2012 by Sinny because: typo

Okay, curiosity got the better of me. Let's hear it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I feel really sorry for that poor girl.

She was obviously mentally ill, but I'd bet she had been treated pretty horrible in her life to do something like that.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

That's what I got from the story, after the shock..

Two lonely people enjoying each other's company, and sharing a passion for the races..

Wonder why it took so long for the deceased's family to try and find out where he was? We will have to wait for more details to surface.

I certainly hope that charges aren't filed against the lady.

Sad & strange..

edit on Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:43:23 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think that perhaps a judge will be merciful and she will have to go to a mental health facility; whether she will be inpatient or outpatient...I just wonder.

It seems like he was her best and perhaps only real good friend; obviously she wanted him with her as long as possible...in her twisted way of thinking; it was ok to keep him in that chair.

I find it very, very sad that someone is that desperate and lonely.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

"I'm probably going to prison," Chase said.

Or a mental health facility.

I'm voting for psychiatric help. You don't put an old lady in prison for this.

My wife was just asking me this morning if the whole world was going "frackin" nuts. Wait till I show her this.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
why would she go to jail?she did not kill him,and considering that he was dead for 18 months,and then people started to wonder"hey wheres charlie'"suggests that charlies fam probably did not give a crap about him,but she did.two lonely souls swimming round a fish bowl.whatever,i see something kind of beautiful in this.there is alot worse in the world than this prolonged freindship.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
She did it

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
That's the only way anybody could get me to watch NASCAR even once. Okay, sorry I had to. It's really sad that people fall to this level of mental deterioration and do not get the help they need. I'm not just talking about professional mental health help. I'm talking about just being friendlier to your neighbors and the stranger passing in the street so they don't feel isolated and alienated.

What's the alternative? Stories like this. This is the ugly side of a narcissistic society.

Hope she gets the help she needs.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Another article said she had been cashing his benefit checks after his death. So she COULD do time for fraud unfortunately. In a way, I hope they find her slightly off her brain so she won't have to suffer jail or prison.
I truly think she didn't know what she was doing.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Wait, hold the phone..cashing fraudulent checks? Yeah, prison for her. It's insane to keep a corpse around the premises, but if it's done for money...every sick and twisted kind of psychotic, antisocial behavior has to do with money.

Prison for her, please..with a side of mental health care.

Good find

new topics

top topics

join