It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been in a creepy unexplained school program?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Had the chance to talk to my brother about this when he was calmer and got a better perspective on the program. Some of it sounds much more normal when he isn't angry about it. He tells me that there were several icons, each associated mainly with a different sound, and that in some respects it was like a very weird version of the game Simon.

Some of the exercises dealt with pattern repetition, not only for accuracy, but for pacing. Others seemed to deal with remembering the associations between shapes sounds and colors, while others he says were so deep that he couldn't figure out what they were trying to measure. He can't describe all of the tasks in detail, just a few.

He said that all students in the school were required to take this for 2 hours a day during the 2 week orientation phase at the school, but that they were told that the results did not affect placement, grades, administration, or have any other connection to the school- whatever the instructor was doing with the their performance on this stuff, he says he doesn't think the school administration ever even knew their results.

He also mentions that there was an experimental version of Marine Corps JROTC at the school which was much more leadership oriented than the MCJROTC at the school he attended the next year (he went through 2 regular schools and 2 c-schools in about 2 years of highschool). His phrasing was that "they taught you how to think for a group".

He too has suggested contacting the school to find out more (and he's the perfect guy to deal with on something like this- when he was younger and could still pass for a highschool or college kid he frequently impersonated a journalism student on the phone to assist with various investigations for certain legitimate organizations which have to play cat and mouse with law breakers to defend their contracts).

So it looks like the next step will be to call up the school to get information "for a report on experimental education systems that students report as having a meaningful impact on their development". Let you know if that gets anything. I'm not expecting the best results really, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Without going into much detail about my circumstances (I was never in a school program like this, I admit) but after getting out of the military I had an episode of psychosis coupled with strange things popping up on my computer. I'd like you to look at Timothy Leary's "How to operate your brain" on youtube. Watch the one uploaded by RugDoctor. Let me know if this is similar to what he experienced via messaging.

Thanks.

<< 1   >>

join