It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey gives Iran gold for oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Turkey has exchanged nearly 60 tons of gold for several million tons of Iranian crude oil, despite its promises to uphold Western sanctions on Iran’s energy sector, according to recent Turkish reports.

By using gold instead of money, Turkey is able to skirt Western sanctions on Iran’s oil trade, particularly those pertaining to SWIFT, the global money transfer service that until recently assisted the Central Bank of Iran and other Iranian financial institutions.

freebeacon.com...

Here is a thread where India did it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it's funny where it says, "by using gold instead of money" - I think they are confused on the real definition of money.

Folks, the US dollar is closer to ever of losing the status of the world reserve currency. This was done for sanctions, but now the oil rich countries know they can get gold; they will start pushing harder for gold.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
gadhaffi tried to implement a gold dinar piece as the official currency of africa and to trade only in that for libyan oil.

queue the "rebels" to stop that.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Qaddafi, and Saddam Hussein. Saddam wanted people to have to buy his oil in gold, BAM.

If you ever read about Qaddafi, and his country... Its pretty spectacular.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear "terrorists" are now a threat in Turkey....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

This will intensify the need to invade Iran. This coupled with what they will do and blame on Iran during the Olympics.

They will take us to war with Iran.

Has no one else felt the beginning slide by? This heat isnt a joke. Its permanent. The Olympics are in 2 weeks, they announce today UK UFO Files today,. This happens, and many other stories. Seems like a HUGE influx of important stuff happening.

Hopefully a Kardashian doesnt break a leg or something, wouldnt want to distract the media... lol

top topics

join