It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Level 3.6! Nibiru Is Near

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hai guys,

say, where should nibiru be, and what size is it seen from earth

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Stichen did not claim that Nibiru would be upon us in the year 2012 but said that it would probably be here about 100 years later than this date. Many people (most of whom have not studied his work) either discount his work as rubbish or use a misinterperated version of his work to support their own ridiculous theories. If Nibiru was going to be here later this year the effects of it would be very much greater than a few slight differences in whether patterns. The outer planets would probably feel the effects first depending on there orbital patterns. The effects of Nibiru would also depend on its size, speed, direction, and how close it came to earth It seems that all the variables of Nibiru vary depending on who is telling the story. If Nibiru is real it is not coming this year or any year to soon and in fact 100 years would put it outside most of our lifespans.

The Zetas said that they would not give a date for earth changes that are to occur. I have also read that the Annunaki are not actually from Nibiru but were here about the same time as its passing last time.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Holy crap!!! 3.6!! NOT 3.6!!!

Wait what is 3.6.......

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Qspeedyrock

The reason people discount Sitchin's work is that he doesn't back it up with objective evidence

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Everybody is allowed to make mistakes. If Sitchin said something about 2012, I would disagree, I agree with him on some points about the Ancient Astronaut Theory.

However, today I was woken up by an earthquake again, while that was just calming down from what happened in Italy in May.. I am afraid there was a case in Japan where they thought the earthquake is dying out and next morning they got a big one again after the previous smaller ones, so these things are relative and anything can happen anytime.

HELL, they even say on Sept 22 the Sun will scorch the Earth... errr ok possible but not because someone says it - either way the biggest threat would be 2013's peak year of Solar Maximum - not some never existing planet at least nowhere near such as Nibiru!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A good reason to discount Sitchin is that he gave his imaginary planet impossible properties.

You cant have a regular orbit for a planet with a highly eccentric orbit. The same reasoning showed that the hypothetical Nemesis could not exist.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
hai guys,

say, where should nibiru be, and what size is it seen from earth

As has been stated, the problem with this question is that there are no solid answers since stories about Nibiru vary so much.

Out of curiosity, I've run simulations of Nibiru using the Universe Sandbox (lots of fun for a astronomy geek like me), and I've come up with many different things.

First, regardless of how big it is, but IF we assume that it's orbital period is 3,600 years, and IF we assume it has a highly eccentric orbit (like 0.99), and IF we assume it has a highly inclined orbit (all those stories about how it's approaching from the south), then for me it's worked out like this:

IF Nibiru were to arrive by December of this year, at the same distance that the Earth orbits the sun, then it's distance from us right now is past Mars, but right inside the asteroid belt (but remember, it's orbit is highly inclined so you wouldn't be looking out towards there).

IF Nibiru were instead not due to arrive for another 100 years, and assuming everything else above, simulations show that it's distance from us right now would be about the same as Eris which is about 96 AU's from the sun, or about 95 AU's from us (an AU is the average distance of the Earth from the sun).

Running the simulations using that orbit (IE 3600 years, highly eccentric, and inclined to 90 degrees), I've used several different planet sizes. The first one (as it's the most popular from the Nancy crowd) was a planet that is 4 times the size of Jupiter.
Each time it passes around the sun, it does several things:

1) it increased Mercury's eccentricity so much that eventually Mercury is flung out of the solar system.
2) It increases Venus eccentricity quite a bit with each pass.
3) it increases Earth's eccentricity quite a bit with each pass.
4) it increases Mars eccentricity quite a bit with each pass that eventually Mars's orbit ends up crossing Earth's orbit.

With each pass, Earth's eccentricity increases from what it is. This starts to screw around with our year where sometimes 1 earth year is actually 1.02 years, and sometimes only 360 days long.
Earth's average mean temps start to swing widly from very cold to hot as heck.
Each time it passes, the Earth get's jerked in it's orbit like you would not believe.

So if Nibiru were a planet 4 times the size of Jupiter, Earth and the other inner planets would not have the nice, stable eccentricities that they have for orbits today. And last I looked, Mercury is still here.

I ran the simulation with Nibiru being a brown dwarf (15 Jupiter masses)........you don't want to know what the results are. Let's just say that the inner solar system becomes a very empty place early on in the life of the solar system.

Right now I'm running some simulations but making Nibiru other sizes (4 times the Earth, 2 times the Earth, and the same size as the Earth.) just to see what happens then.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here is what en.wikipedia.org...(hypothetical_star) says

If Nemesis exists, it may be detected by Pan-STARRS or the planned LSST astronomical surveys.
. But also goes on to say...

Development of the Nemesis hypotheses Two teams of astronomers, Daniel P. Whitmire and Albert A. Jackson IV, and Marc Davis, Piet Hut, and Richard A. Muller, independently published similar hypotheses to explain Raup and Sepkoski's extinction periodicity in the same issue of the journal Nature.[13][14] This hypothesis proposes that the Sun may have an undetected companion star in a highly elliptical orbit that periodically disturbs comets in the Oort cloud, causing a large increase of the number of comets visiting the inner Solar System with a consequential increase of impact events on Earth. This became known as the "Nemesis" or "Death Star" hypothesis. If it does exist, the exact nature of Nemesis is uncertain. Muller suggests that the most likely object is a red dwarf with an apparent magnitude between 7 and 12,[15] while Daniel P. Whitmire and Albert A. Jackson argue for a brown dwarf.[13] If a red dwarf, it would exist in star catalogs, but it would only be confirmed by measuring its parallax; due to orbiting the Sun it would have a low proper motion and would escape detection by older proper motion surveys that have found stars like the 9th-magnitude Barnard's star. (The proper motion of Barnard's star was detected in 1916.)[16] Muller expects Nemesis to be discovered by the time parallax surveys reach the 10th magnitude.[17] Muller, referring to the date of a recent extinction at 11 million years before the present day, posits that Nemesis has a semi-major axis of about 1.5 light-years (95,000 AU)[15] and suggests it is located (supported by Yarris, 1987) near Hydra, based on a hypothetical orbit derived from original apogees of a number of atypical long-period comets that describe an orbital arc meeting the specifications of Muller's hypothesis. Richard Muller's most recent paper relevant to the Nemesis theory was published in 2002.[15] In 2002, Muller speculated that Nemesis was perturbed 400 million years ago by a passing star from a circular orbit into an orbit with an eccentricity of 0.7.[17]

And so.... Where does Sitchin come in and why would they have looked for Nemesis in 1980 and still trying to find it today?

I know nothing about it, nor do I really care because if it were to exist and harm us, I have no control in the matter so why worry. Im up for the investigation though. Lol

I guess it could hide in or behind the Oort Cloud and may need to be a certain size before detected, may even need a more sophisticated instrument to detect it. Only other thing is...we would feel a lot of dramatic earth changes over time and as of right now there doesnt seem to be any major out of the ordinary climate changes. I will say though this summer has been a weather record breaker for my area in TN.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The thing about EXPERTS is that someone has already gotten rid of them, that's why they are called EXPERTS.
He's no EXPERT, he's just got an OPINION. Doh !

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I missed nibiru threads... always entertaining and is the equivalent of spray cheese if it were food.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And here is something else I ran across.... Can someone explain whatbthis actually means? Lol
www.nas.nasa.gov...

Recently, scientists have counted on Pleiades for generating the "Bolshoi" cosmological simulation—the largest simulation of its kind to date—to help explain how galaxies and the large-scale structure of the universe have evolved over billions of years. The system has also proven essential for processing massive amounts of star data gathered from NASA's Kepler spacecraft, leading to the discovery of new Earth-sized planets in the Milky Way galaxy. The upgraded capability of Pleiades will enable NASA scientists to solve challenging problems like these more quickly, using even larger datasets.

Pleiades is a Supercomputer in this context btw!
edit on 14-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Actually most of the stars we are now able to see with telescopes are red dwarfs. Red dwarfs are much more likely to appear in single star systems. Furthermore, we can look at our own galactic neighborhood. Most stars in our section of the Milky Way are also single star systems. It's also a fact that if a yellow dwarf (like our Sun) is in a multi-star system its partner(s) are most likely going to be other yellow dwarfs. If there were another yellow dwarf in the solar system it would be readily apparent. With the technology we have now and with the number of whole sky surveys that have been performed, along with the facts above, it is almost impossible at this point for our Sun to have a hidden companion.

We (Man) have made so many assumptions that were WRONG about the state of things in the Universe. I don't believe the Sumerians were wrong. Or the Egyptians or the Chinese or the Mayans. There is something to all of this. We may not know what it is, but we will soon know for sure. And, we are NOT in the Milky Way galaxy, our solar system sits outside the outer edge of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I love your signature, it just is so hypocritical coming from someone that writes what you do... and I shall explain why.

There has been no evidence, in any shape or form to suggest that we live in a Binary Star System, nor is there any evidence to lend credence to the existence of another system out there that in any way effects our own planetary system.

What i find amusing in all this is thusly:

1) Depending on the argument Nibiru changes from a planet, to a star, to a dark star (that noone can see) to a brown dwarf (that is only seen in IR film) to a large gas giant etc etc.

2) not one person can agree on what Nibiru is or isn't, seems to have so many different forms depending on what line of thought a person needs to take to counter the rational thinking crowd.

3) Nibiru people claim there's some vast conspiracy to silence anyone from talking about this planet however, noone can prove the existence of one, or the validity of the Nibiru theory, other than to attack and call anyone who doesn't believe "low level" or "Hey I guess you won't make the shift" or "Your vibrations aren't high enough to understand"

So truth time sir/madam... Planet X theory was all started by a guy named Stichen, in 1995 a really delusional woman named Nancy Lieder re-introduced the theory as a way to get attention, and get out some messages that she claims was sent to her by Zetas. Nancy has been proven wrong so many times over that it's not funny.

And finally, the word Nibiru itself, does not refer to an ancient planet or anything of the like, it is literally translated as:

A crossing, usually in a river or road, in astronomy the crossing of planets causing eclipses..

So.. where's the mystery planet now? If you are really interested in the truth, then you may wish to hone up on your Sumerian.. and not use Stichen's misinterpretations..

Interestingly enough, you are one of Heiser's pets. That's rather obvious from your demeanor in posting. You also seem to think that Sitchin was wrong, but cannot prove he's wrong, just take Heiser's word for it as he tries to discredit Sitchin because Sitchin does not have a degree to his name. Let me just remind you that many a great man had no degree and many have contributed greatly to our evolution. Nancy Lieder and Sitchin are not connected. Her Zeta channeling has nothing to do with Sitchin's work.

Nemesis is the Red Dwarf star that planet Nibiru rotates around, with other planets in its system. That is what is.
Red Dwarfs are gas giants that did not fire up because they lack the fuel to do so. They are warm, but not like yellow suns that have fully ignited.

You are entitled to YOUR OPINION or should I say Heiser's Opinions, and there we shall agree to disagree. I am entitled to mine as well.

Lastly, it is harder for you to prove that Nemesis & Nibiru DO NOT exist, than it is for Me to prove they do !
edit on 7/14/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/14/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Apparently you need to take some astronomy classes because I'm afraid you are wrong about the classification of what a red dwarf is, and are confusing it with a brown dwarf.

A red dwarf is a small star that does have sustained fusion at it's core. In order to have sustained fusion, any star must have minimum of 75 Jupiter masses to reach critical mass.

Brown dwarfs are normally defined as stars who have failed to sustain fusion reactions. They are normally classified as having between 15 to 74 Jupiter masses.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Skada

Once again you fail to account for amateur astronomers. One doesn't even need to own a telescope these days. They can rent time on large professional satellites with no strings attached. I mean they can find tiny comets out by Saturn before they start outgassing. Do you really think they wouldn't be able to spot a planet/star that's supposed to be here by the end of the year? I feel this comment also need to be addressed:

Radio telescopes being built in the southern hemisphere (hmmm, to track IR?).

Please explain how a radio telescope is going to detect something in the IR spectrum. A radio telescope doesn't view things in the visual spectrum. As the word radio suggests its based on sound. IR on the other hand stands for infrared. It exists in the visual spectrum. Thus a radio telescope cannot do anything involving IR. Now a radio telescope can detect objects that are also visible in the IR range but it is not going to "track IR."

IR is not in the visual spectrum; to cyborgs and mosquitoes maybe, but not to humans.

edit: Also, all telescopes are doing the same thing fundamentally, which is capturing/measuring data from different sections of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Radiowaves, infrared, visual, ultraviolet, microwave, x-ray, gamma, are radiations at different frequencies/wavelengths/energies.
edit on 14-7-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's obvious Nibiru is where God lives, as it's invisable too. Sorry for the one liner mods, just could'nt help myself.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

And, we are NOT in the Milky Way galaxy, our solar system sits outside the outer edge of it.

You don't really seem to have a particularly good grasp of astronomy.

www.astrodigital.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Who's Heiser? Please enlighten me.. I've never heard of this person you are accusing me of being a pet of, I can assure you that this chick doesn't qualify as anyone's Pet....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Lastly, it is harder for you to prove that Nemesis & Nibiru DO NOT exist, than it is for Me to prove they do !

Actually, if you care to actually look at all the information out there, instead of just the stuff you agree with, you'd see, in very short order, that that has been proven quite emphatically any number of times. It's not hard at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nemesis is the Red Dwarf star that planet Nibiru rotates around, with other planets in its system. That is what is.

You're going to state this as a fact? What evidence do you have to substantiate this nonsense? This isn't Skunkworks, you better have something to back that up.

And you would do well to stick to the topic. Some of us won't take kindly to your false presumptions about fellow members.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join