It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cops Tase Man For Refusing To ID

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Do you understand that the only "persons" required to follow commercial code are those profiting?
The only way someone is under that jurisdiction is if they have signed prior contracts waiving their common law rights of arbitration.

The UCC didn't even exist before the 1950's...
People have been being arrested since day one that this country was founded.
That “freeman”,“sovereignty” stuff is a load of internet bollix, and there's LOTS of case law to show its a hoax.

What are you talking about?

'Commercial Code' and 'UCC' are separate ideas/subjects.

Example:

The Code, as the product of private organizations, is not itself the law, but only a recommendation of the laws that should be adopted in the states. Once enacted by a state, the UCC is codified into the state’s code of statutes.

Uniform Commerical Code

The UCC is a 'private recommendation' with the goal of "making uniformity" among states statute laws.

"Commercial Law" is ancient and dates back thousands of years:
Commercial Law

Commercial law, also known as business law, is the body of law that applies to the rights, relations, and conduct of persons and businesses engaged in commerce, merchandising, trade, and sales.[1] It is often considered to be a branch of civil law and deals with issues of both private law and public law.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
You guys are ridiculous. The kid jaywalked and was also riding his bike without a helmet. The police were well within there right to ID him. You act like a little punk when given a lawful order, you get arrested. You resist, you get tazed. I love these videos.

says domo as he kicks the aforementioned pregnant woman squarly in belly

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

If the cops are in the wrong, let them cuff you because you can file a report against them after the bull, and no one gets hurt.
the only difference between taking an hour of a persons life and murdering that person is a matter of degrees

indulge your bondage fetish on your own time and expense
and not the public dollar

and in case you are not aware of it,
the supreme court has determined that it's ok to execute an officer who tries to arrest or detain you illegally

think about that next time you have a hard on

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

he didnt had any weapons .. just a hat

And a handgun...

drinking again?

it was a wallet

EDIT re gun: ooookay you were right there

the only person who showed restraint was the victim
his not pulling him will earn bonus points come lawsuit time

once self defense is established i'd have no reason to hold myself back
and no don't use guns, beleive in them,
or need them

edit on 14-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by stanguilles7

You are not talking law, you are talking pseudo-law. Shove that pseudo-law up your ass.

along with the entire UCC

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I don't understand the jay-walking thing if he had a bike. Was he on the bike? Was he walking the bike? Also in Florida you do not have to wear a helmet if you are over the age of 18. Also.. I'm so confused here.. it says he was with his girlfriend.. did she not cross the street with him? Jay walking is an infraction too, I didn't think that could warrant probable-cause searches (which is the level at which you can ask for ID). I guess what I am getting at is.. there appears to be gaps in the information that don't add up very solidly.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by stanguilles7

You can LULZ, or you can grow some balls and stand up to the corrupt BS system we all take part in. Your choice I guess.

Thanks for more lulz, internet warrior.

I bet you scream "Tyranny' when you get pulled over for speeding.

As has been proven out several times in this thread, these cops did nothing illegal.

Learn the law before railing against it.

He broke the lawe, and was being cited. He then resisted arrest. Simple.
edit on 14-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I'm no fan of police abuse, and they likely didnt need to taze him repeatedly, but they are absolutely withint their rights as cops to demand ID once they have seen him breaking the law. Furthermore, once you as a citizen engage in conversation with a cop you give them the right to demand ID.

Learn the law and dont get tazed, bro.

yes they are within their right to ask for ID, but they must tell you what the infraction was first so you are aware of why you are being ID'd, if they don't, they have no right to ask you for ID first.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am rarely on this side of the fence but imo the kid deserved what he got. The cops were pretty patient with him, even though he seemed to purposely antagonize them.

And the dumbass girl with the camera is just annoying, I wouldve tazed her too, just to shut her mouth.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

You didn't say “commercial law”, you said “commercial code”:

Do you understand that the only "persons" required to follow commercial code are those profiting?
The only way someone is under that jurisdiction is if they have signed prior contracts waiving their common law rights of arbitration.

Commercial Code is the UCC, and has only existed since the 1950's. The UCC is what all the “freeman” and “sovereignty” movements base their mistaken interpretations of the law upon. Claiming to be a “sovereign” or “freeman” is a good way to end up with a one way ticket to jail or a mental institution, that is the end result of most attempts to pull this hoax law in a court. If you think i'm kidding look up the case law about it.

I believe that you are getting confused with “civil law” or "Common law" which dates back to the Romans:

Roman Law
Historically, "Roman law" also denotes the legal system applied in most of Western Europe, until the end of the 18th century. In Germany, Roman law practice remained longer, having been the Holy Roman Empire (963–1806); thus the great influence upon the civil law systems in Europe. Moreover, the English and North American Common law also were influenced by Roman law, notably in the Latinate legal glossary

Specifically: Justinian I.

Modern law, such as that in the US, is based on Justinian's Corpus Juris Civilis:

Corpus Juris Civilis
The Corpus Juris (or Iuris) Civilis ("Body of Civil Law") is the modern name[1] for a collection of fundamental works in jurisprudence, issued from 529 to 534 by order of Justinian I, Eastern Roman Emperor. It is also sometimes referred to as the Code of Justinian, although this name belongs more properly to the part titled Codex.
The Corpus continues to have a major influence on public international law. Its four parts thus constitute the foundation documents of the Western legal tradition.

I'm not sure why the civil or common law of back then, being the basis of today's law, should in any way invalidate our modern laws?
edit on 7/14/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The problem that I see is that this video is cut. You don't know what actually happened before everything. If he was told that he had broken the law, he needs to show his identification. If you're walking down the street and didn't commit a crime and you're in a state where there are laws stating that you don't have to show ID if you didn't commit a crime, then you have a right to not show your ID but I would strongly suggest that you do. Be nice about it and they will likely just give you a warning. Resist and make a scene and you'll be SOOL when you call for the police for help. Cops remember, they may not remember everyone or everything but if you stand out like yell to the cop that he has no right to ID you, and then finds out who you are --- the word will spread at least that's what my cop friend told me.

Yes, it's true that there's a lot of BS going on these days and corruption is everywhere in the government, but that doesn't mean you should just be an individual rebel against what could have been a misdemeanor fine. That guy was resisting arrest and didn't keep his mouth shut. He probably got arrested and fined and will likely lose a court battle if he does try to fight for what he believes in. Legally he was in the wrong and there's almost nothing he can do to change this.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

English 101...

CODE legal def

code n. a collection of written laws gathered together, usually covering specific subject matter. Thus, a state may have a civil code, corporations code, education code, evidence code, health and safety codes, insurance code, labor code, motor vehicle code, penal code, revenue and taxation code, and so forth. Federal statutes which deal with legal matters are grouped together in codes.

When I said 'Commercial Code', I was not referring to the private recommendation body known as the UCC, but rather to the "Collection of written laws gathered together", covering specifically business law.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Did you just try to say commercial law isn't ancient?

This PDF explains how business law worked in Athens Greece in antiquity:
International Commercial Law

It is important to note this is dealing with 'international' issues specifically, rather than just commercial law in general.

Scroll down to 1.4, essentially it says they were called "Emporial laws", which governed 'imports and exports', food trade, and "bottomry" which is the practice of putting one's ship up as collateral in order to get a loan to conduct a voyage.

It says that when brought forward in court it was called an "emporial suit", which was heard before a special court, called the "Nautodikai", which is one of the earliest forms of "Maritime" courts.

Ancient Athenian Maritime Courts

Nautodikai is referenced with "Commercial Courts" as the context.

So obviously Commercial Law is ancient.
And no I am not mixing it up with Civil Law....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I'm not sure why the civil or common law of back then, being the basis of today's law, should in any way invalidate our modern laws?
edit on 7/14/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

This isn't about modern law being invalidated.
I have supported the actual law on the books.

However you are against the actual law, and would rather see cops have ultimate power to do whatever they want without following a protocol that is adherent to the law.

I have revealed multiple times you actually don't know much about the law or it's history, and the problem here is that you are promoting your opinions and misunderstandings as if it were the law.

I'm sorry but the actual law is "what is on the law books", rather than "what your opinion is".

And the original basis of this argument, is over the distinction between consensual and detainment encounters, and that an officer has to inform the citizen they are being detained prior to requiring any form of identification to be presented.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Being "detained" does not mean you are being issued a citation.
Being "issued a citation" does not mean you are being detained.

Just to clarify the difference.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You guys are ridiculous. The kid jaywalked and was also riding his bike without a helmet. The police were well within there right to ID him. You act like a little punk when given a lawful order, you get arrested. You resist, you get tazed. I love these videos.

so, if the cop just told him what he did wrong, and said that the next time he would get a ticket, and then let him go about his business...that would be what? cowardly?...unlawful?...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Because its NOT a detainment....
It was an ARREST....

He is no longer being detained because he is not under suspicion of a crime, he had committed one in the presence of the officer. When the officer is holding you while issuing you ticket, even though he does not have to cuff you or take you to jail, you are still considered legally under a type of arrest....

Get it?

edit on 7/16/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We need to put a stop to this very quickly. I already started writing and calling my local, State and Federal Reps. to try and get a handle on this its getting out of hand. These #ing cops need to be help liable for the action they take. I was shot by a cop when i was 12 wrong place wrong time but the point is they still tried to make me part of the crime and covering it up. I know how corrupt cops can be and how they all stick together. Well now we need to band together and get laws that make it a crime it they use the powers as a cop to do harm for any reason. Unless someone has a gun they do not need to have one out period. If they do harm to anyone they need to pay for it
Just because they have a badge does not give them a right to harm someone else this has gotten way out of hand and it start with management they allow this they need to do a better job at hiring better equipped men. Are police force is manned with a bunch of pussies scared of their own shadows

watching what they do to innocent people makes my blood boil

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join