It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cops Tase Man For Refusing To ID

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

he didnt had any weapons .. just a hat

And a handgun...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
He was Jwalking?

He broke the law, right? So they can ask him for his ID...
Am i missing something?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Only unwarranted outrage and the worst grammar I've ever seen.

That wasn't a dig at you Infi8nity.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Only unwarranted outrage and the worst grammar I've ever seen.

So your saying the "victims" actions wear not justified and that the police did have a right to ask for his ID because he broke the law by jaywalking.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Jay Walking is usually only a civil infraction. Only misdemeanors and felonies committed in the officers presence would be PC to ask for his ID....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Jay Walking is usually only a civil infraction. Only misdemeanors and felonies committed in the officers presence would be PC to ask for his ID....

How are they going to know who they are ticketing? I understand you cannot be arrested for jaywalking but did he brake another law witch they can arrest you for such as not providing a ID that YOU DO have after your broke a law.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I post this video to counter the bs claim of all cops are corrupt. Not all of them are, and many of them are just doing their jobs which is a thankless job, of course.

This video is about two guys who are walking from Denver across the country protesting the war, although they don't say what war they're protesting in this video. A lot of cops ask them for their Id, but not all cops do.

So here's the video:

Still, they should carry ID with them. Not for cops, but if they just want to step in some place for a beer and cool down from those hot walks.

Still, it saddens me that some of the cops think you have to do what they tell you to do, no matter what.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What an idiot.... If a bunch of white cops ask a black man for an ID, you better give them your ID.... I get harassed pretty often, and it doesn't bother me anymore, cause the more positive outcome contacts I have with the police, the more they know me and let me off when i could be arrested. Idk why this guy would refuse to give his ID, thats the first thing they ask for, they dont need a reason. Being black is suspect enough, he should know that by now.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes. He broke the law in front of police, they are allowed to ask for ID at that point. His ridiculous refusal to show ID (while carrying a handgun) and then essentially running away warranted use of the taser. If anything I believe the police should have tased him far sooner. They lost control.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

yep 1good cop for every what was it 4, 5?

i see what your saying but your video is a horrible example!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

How about this one?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

But my friend the danger in which one can be in by crossing paths of the wrong cop is not worth the risk and endangerment! Not worth it like smoking! Look at George Burns he outlived Gracie smoking those cigars. Some can smoke and die of old age but the cancer wards are full of smokers who are much younger. So it is not advise to smoke! My advice is avoid cops at all costs. There is nothing to gain, only the possibility of pain.

In San Francisco and other like cities that are "Sanctuary Cities" cops cannot ask Mexicans ID. It almost seems that this man problem is that he is the wrong race.

"YOUR Papers please" was Arte Johnson catch phrase in SNL. Arte dressed as German Storm Trooper. Now that catch phrase is all American and no longer the German demand in WWII!

BTW OP Stars n 1 Flag tried to sneak another one in till I saw cops on the path....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

lol yeah it was.
Personally i've never experienced arbitrary stops from the law.

Again i never disagreed with your point!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

he didnt had any weapons .. just a hat

And a handgun...

my 5000th post to answer to you

he had a handgun ????
didnt see it at all

my mistake if he had one

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I feel honored! He wasn't waving the handgun around or anything. You can see it on his hip after he's tased and the cops and he both mention it (legally carried). He wasn't doing anything wrong with the gun, per se. Just goes to show you why it's important to always be cautious.

If the cops had attempted to detain him without cause or asked for his ID for no reason I would have a HUGE problem with their actions, but committing a crime in front of the police, then refusing to show ID, then resisting arrest all while carrying a gun (even if it was legal which still hasn't really been determined) and then attempting to leave the area to me warrants the tazing.

I always thought your avatar had to fins instead of the single gigantic one. I want to try swimming with that thing!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Listen at 5:35

Female officer says, "you were carrying a gun."
Man replies, "I am licensed to carry a gun."

Police overreaction to legal open carry situation, not knowing all the laws surrounding open carry as well. Possibly one of those "tape me while I argue with the cops" scenarios.

All I know from the vid is that the cops were wrong, and likely prejudiced by his ethnicity. But jeez the guy was wearing toe-shoes...if that didn't make them realize this wasn't a run of the mill guy I don't know what would!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes. He broke the law in front of police, they are allowed to ask for ID at that point. His ridiculous refusal to show ID (while carrying a handgun) and then essentially running away warranted use of the taser. If anything I believe the police should have tased him far sooner. They lost control.

Well good thing we got that figured out before every one jumped to conclusions. OHH Wait a second...

I do not think police should be able to use tazers when a person is unarmed. 2 men vs 1 smaller man and they have training. Its not right. But these cops did not brake the law. The law is just f$#%ed up.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Infraction Please not even a parking ticket value..... Caution is what the chap should have done and booked when seeing the copper looking with interest towards him!

How many examples of cop Hollywood programs have we seen a cop who has done the opposite of the right thing with the protagonist asking the cop, "What was his crime? Jaywalking", as in disbelief.... I am saying it now! Jaywalking?????? Really??????? Are you serious??????

There was absolutely no excuse for this none what so ever.

So what do you do for a living?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

ANYBODY PLEASE!!! HOE DO YOU START A THREAD ??

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Police overreaction to legal open carry situation, not knowing all the laws surrounding open carry as well. Possibly one of those "tape me while I argue with the cops" scenarios.

They weren't aware of the gun until after he was zapped. I think the two waited to see a cop car, then jaywalked on purpose to have a little photo op.

All I know from the vid is that the cops were wrong

I think the complete opposite. I think they were completely justified and if anything used too much restraint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join