It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cops Tase Man For Refusing To ID

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is clearly unconstitutional
and the cops here are the faulty ones

Wonder why there is so many cop watchers now with a camera
we never know when you can get assaulted by cops for walking up the street

he didnt had any weapons .. just a hat
and was walking with his GF near some shopping center

A Florida man was repeatedly tased by police officers and arrested for refusing to identify himself, but instead of apologizing, the Casselberry Police Department insisted it would use footage of the incident for training purposes.

at the end of the video there is like 6-7 cops that i have counted ..

just for 1 guy refusing to ID .. since they had no particular reasons to ask him that
then he was fully right to resist

The supervisor didnt seem to be present

Infowar Link

The video begins with police accusing Zikomo Peurifoy of jaywalking before they demand to see his identification.

The officer is asked by Peurifoy what statute requires that he show his ID, to which he responds, “Give me your ID or you’re going to go to jail.”

When Peurifoy refuses, two officers grab him while the man warns he will press charges for assault because he has committed no crime. Requests for a supervisor to be called are ignored.

After cops attempt to handcuff Peurifoy, he resists before a taser is used repeatedly while Peurifoy yells, “You are assaulting me.”

Peurifoy still manages to escape the clutches of police before he is repeatedly tased again before he finally falls to the ground and is arrested.

Far from apologizing for the incident, which appears to clearly show cops over-reacting, the Casselberry Police Department defended the actions of police and told WFTV, “That their officers followed policy so well that they’re going to use the video for training.”

Peurifoy faces charges of “resisting with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer,” despite the fact that the video shows Peurifoy did not attack any of the officers at any point during the confrontation.

Remember this

Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video),

And

Cops Attempt to Detain a guy with a gun, Supervisor comes in ..Can i have my gun back Sir ? .. Yup !

Whats the difference between all 3

The skin color !
yes we live in a racist world

edit on 7/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
WTH? That could be an undocumented voter!

edit on 12-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The cops have stopped using Tasers as a last resort before drawing their weapons and using lethal force, where I supported them having the things. Now, they're coming more and more to using them as a punitive measure.

Now what do we call the application of electricity beyond the point of incapacitating someone and without imminent threat to life or limb? Gee....they called it torture when we were doing it with US Troops in some of the more nasty cases of the VIP wing at Abu Ghraib Prison and the detention barracks at Bagram. Torture indeed.....

So why isn't it torture when it's being done to U.S. Civilians on the street by civilian police? We wouldn't suggest the Taliban Fighters are better or more deserving of protections than our own citizens would we? Seems to be exactly what this behavior says though, huh?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh my god. I am thoroughly and genuinely disgusted. These cops are fresh out of the academy with a badge and tasser with every intend to power abuse. Pigs.

I just realized this is in casselberry FL. I am saddenend by this because I'm literally a few miles away from these monsters.
edit on 12-7-2012 by atoptreetops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Obviously during that mornings briefing the officers were informed that Casselberry had an enormous surplus in the treasury and needed help getting rid of it.

So like good public servants the officers went out and conjured up a solid lawsuit for the town to settle a nice six figures with.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops
Oh my god. I am thoroughly and genuinely disgusted. These cops are fresh out of the academy with a badge and tasser with every intend to power abuse. Pigs.

They are just kids compare to the guy who seemed older and wiser
new rookie cops that just came out of school are in power trips
thinking .. they are the law now ..

being arrested by a teenage with a gun, taser and a badge
because you dont show your id

of course the guy was resisting
this is a pure himiliation and they have no right to even touch him

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wonder if the stand you ground law works if so I'd pop em all for injustice

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I really am at a loss for words. It's getting more disgusting every day.

And all this for jaywalking...

edit on 12-7-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
Wonder if the stand you ground law works if so I'd pop em all for injustice

Around the 4:45 mark
you see 3 cops surrounding him from all side
each having their turn to taser him
after 2-3 shots he fall to the ground and they arrest him

Good job cops .. thats why people dont respect them and the law anymore

BECAUSE THE COPS THEMSELF DONT FOLLOW IT

they should show the exemple when they wear their shiny badge

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
After reading the comments about age and taking a much closer look...my goodness...is that little boy old enough to own a handgun? Goodness... don't you need to be at least 21? (stern look) Does his Momma know he's out playing cops and robbers??

Seriously though... Wow... I think the kid is the very embodiment of something I've strongly felt for quite some time. These college kids can't fight nose to nose with someone their OWN size and feel confident of the outcome. They damn sure can't take someone bigger. That means because we have wimps in uniform, they all have a serious confidence problem almost built right in. What do scared kids do, whether a real threat exists or not? They grab a weapon, of course.

As far as I'm concerned the Vets coming back from overseas ought to be recruited heavily by the PD's and flush these college kids out the door. Let them go be a manager of something or go be a security guard at Sears. Something where violent conflict with anything in public isn't likely to be a factor again. VETS, in my personal experience, have little or nothing left to prove to anyone. Period. They aren't near as likely to be out hurting people and electrocuting citizens because they're scared someone might slap them right across those baby cheeks.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

At this point I wished someone would have pulled a gun and shoot these two thug cops in defense of the tased victim. As I see this action would be self defense! This video is another example of why I do not trust the cops. Some stupid cop here insisted I must have been in trouble with the cops to feel this way. NOPE never. I have said my story too many times on ATS but Mr copper in the suit of armour who ever you are in ATS - THIS IS YOUR REASON WHY I WILL NEVER call the cops. This is why when I see a cop I turn and head in the opposite direction. As a Vet who did my time I am more than capable of defending myself and would have in this situation. Never been arrested never been questioned and I still hate and distrust cops!

I have also taught my daughters to turn away from these thugs as they are NOT HERE to serve and protect, they kill pets when they burst into the wrong address which of course means everyone in house is innocent even the now dead dog.

To that Cop in the suit of armour I have asked you now in three videos now the fourth explain this.

To top it off I have never heard a cop being done for this kind of behavior. Where I live I don't see these misfits and when I do on the odd occasion they are not armed. Every time I get home sick and want to come back to the States I turn to ATS and review a few of these threads and decide the possibility of being shot,killed or imprisoned that its not worth it and invite my family who remains in the States to visit me here.

Yesterday the thread that got me was the lawn cop who broke into a house and served the woman in bed after he demanded she get up a letter demanding her lawn be cut. The guy is a convicted thief as well. WTF America how have you allowed your rights to be sold down the river like this. Our fore fathers looking down are pissed wondering why they bothered. Sorry for the rant but when you serve to protect the freedom of our country then to witness these thugs..... it hurts twice the pain I have been left with for my service to protect this non existence freedom. I would sure like to hear the ending of this story. Hope this chap has the money needed to try and seek justice but remember boys and girls Justice = Just Us and for the most part we are not US and if we were we certainly would not be here.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Absolutely despicable. Yet another example of cops abusing their authority. I'm waiting to see if/when the cop defenders show up on this thread like they showed up on mine: Video shows police beating pregnant woman

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm not able to view the video at the moment because I've got kids around me. So I'll have to take the word of those of you who have seen it that all the man did was jaywalk and request the statute requiring him to surrender ID and then refuse to surrender when they wouldn't answer him.

If it played out that way, it is disgusting. Papers, please. Sick. However, jaywalking is usually a crime. That's where they have got him. They can say they apprehended him in the commission of a crime. Still...the way it escalated....sick. They could just have given a bit and answered his question. One would hope they'd know the law well enough to do that much. If they just would have answered the man's question, I could maybe see their side of it. They do have to enforce compliance and once they have apprehended someone for what we legally accept as a crime, albeit a minor one, they should be asking for ID. But no, they won't "lower" themselves to answer one simple question that might have assured the man he was not just being picked on for his race or harassed frivolously.

It's sick this will be used as a training video. One would hope it would be to demonstrate how NOT to deal with the public.

I've had several training classes in my old job that taught how to defuse tense situations and calm an angry customer so you could get to a point where productive discussion is possible. IMO such classes are what the police need so they can apply their brains and words to defuse tense situations so their safety won't be jeopardized. I'm not saying I expect them to reason with drugged out or drunken belligerent citizens or sociopaths. But their usual encounters with the average man or woman on the street need never escalate to the point the cops can justify feeling threatened enough to taze an unarmed non violent detainee.
edit on 12-7-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

edit on 12-7-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The more this kind of thing happens, and, the more people see it, the more likely it becomes that when a situation arises of mass disturbance, and the police are called, people are going to react badly to their presence.
The whole idea of having a more powerful branch of citizenry, is to empower those people with the good feelings, and good wishes of the people they protect.
The moment the last vestiges of that "respect" begins to disappear, the police force in an emergency will be seen as part of the overall problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Power trippin' little biotch. Is there a change in the ...what is it.... probable cause thing that let the so called police arrest and taze who they damn well please? People need to band together and bring this kind of stuff to court in an attempt to diffuse the coming climax...maybe civil war...I don't know. Sorry feeling a little craby today.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops

I just realized this is in casselberry FL. I am saddenend by this because I'm literally a few miles away from these monsters.
edit on 12-7-2012 by atoptreetops because: (no reason given)

good now either find good people or work yourself into the local government via city council and begin the process of bouncing these ass hats out on their butts. once they're no longer in law enforcement go for the gold and bring them up on formal charges.

it's not difficult to figure out folks, it just takes enough good people to begin to do the jobs we have left power hunger retards do in the past. we must get out there and become involved again in local government and fight fire with fire, it's the only way it will happen my friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You guys are ridiculous. The kid jaywalked and was also riding his bike without a helmet. The police were well within there right to ID him. You act like a little punk when given a lawful order, you get arrested. You resist, you get tazed. I love these videos.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The guy said "if there is no victim to the crime then.." so he admits he committed a crime and will not identify himself ?
Sorry i think the police took to long to tase him. Did the woman holding the cam commit the same crime?
If not then I agree with her not identifying herself.

Now the video is pick and choose to when it starts so I don't know if the "crime" is a real crime or a cop-it-up crime, but if it was real, then he got what he deserved.

If the cops are in the wrong, let them cuff you because you can file a report against them after the bull, and no one gets hurt.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

The guy said "if there is no victim to the crime then.." so he admits he committed a crime and will not identify himself ?

Exactly. The guy is an idiot. The cops were well within their rights to ID him. His refusal and attempt to flee the scene WHILE CARRYING A HANDGUN got him tazed. I'm just hoping this dirt bag will lose his gun license now.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thought i would post this from a very helpful site everyone in the us and uk should check out.

When do I have to show police my ID? This is a tricky issue.
As a general principle, citizens who are minding their own business are not obligated to "show their papers" to police. In fact, there is no law requiring citizens to carry identification of any kind. Nonetheless, carrying an ID is generally required if you’re driving a vehicle or a passenger on a commercial airline. These requirements have been upheld on the premise that individuals who prefer not to carry ID can choose not to drive or fly.

Clip from the DVD, 10 Rules for Dealing with Police From here, ID laws only get more complicated. In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to disclose their identity to police when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place.

Commonly known as "stop-and-identify" statutes, these laws permit police to arrest criminal suspects who refuse to identify themselves. As of 2008, 24 states had stop-and-identify laws. Regardless of your state's law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you're involved in criminal activity.
But how can you tell if an officer asking you to identify yourself has reasonable suspicion? Remember, police need reasonable suspicion to detain you. One way to tell if they have reasonable suspicion is to determine if you're free to go. You could do this by saying "Excuse me officer. Are you detaining me, or am I free to go?" If the officer says you’re free to go, leave immediately and refrain from answering any additional questions. If you're detained, you'll have to decide whether withholding your identity is worth the possibility of arrest or a prolonged detention. In cases of mistaken identity, revealing who you are might help to resolve the situation quickly. On the other hand, if you're on parole in California, for example, revealing your identity could lead to a legal search. Knowing your state's laws can help you make the best choice.
Keep in mind that the officer's decision to detain you will not always hold up in court. Reasonable suspicion is a vague evidentiary standard, which lends itself to mistakes on the officer's part. If you're searched or arrested following an officer's ID request, always contact an attorney to discuss the incident and explore your legal options.

www.flexyourrights.org...

Guncoty and domo are correct, i believe.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: wrong username

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join