It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS: Stop Shooting The Messengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There was a time that my experiences here at ATS were mostly positive. I used this site to become more knowledgeable about what is really happening in the world. That's the job of this and other sites---their purpose--and for the most part, they do it well.

For a while now, for a good long while, I have grown tired of the folks who come here to simply disagree with what ever has been written---no matter how positive or enlightening the message. If Jesus himself came down to earth, you can be sure the vitriol toward him would be felt and heard here. And you can substitute the name Jesus for all the other messengers, like Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa....whoever. Everyone whines and complains about what's happening in the world, and instead of using their voices to create change, they use them to shoot every messenger that stands up to be counted. How incredibly lazy. It's easy to criticize everyone else who is doing something rather than do something yourself.

The world is full of such people----those who sit around pointing their fingers, letting everyone else do the heavy lifting. Words are cheap, my friends.

I am not trying to say that healthy skeptism shouldn't be part of the process we go through to figure out the truth. But please let me emphasize the word "healthy." A lot of the vitriol here is unhealthy---it's criticism simply for the sake of criticism. It adds nothing to the conversation----it is not an informed opinion. It's meant to confuse, to allow the writer to feel more important. The basis is not usually formed with any sound information. The writer is young and doesn't see the world properly, or the writer is bitter, or the writer lacks intelligence, or the ability to express him or herself well.

I'm sorry, but the sky is blue. That's just the color it is, and to argue against it is a waste of time----especially for those with open minds who are truly seeking intelligent discourse.

Every single public messenger on this site is maligned, called out, called names---- from Greer to Shirley Maclaine to Wilcock----every single one of them. Now, I am not suggesting that you agree with them all, but not allowing others to find their truth with whichever messenger calls to them is simply bullish, immature, narcissistic, and unproductive.

We must learn to be tolerant of our imperfect messengers----because whether you like them or not, each and every one of them is creating some sort of change, whether by waking people up from their slumber or risking their lives and limbs to be part of the solution. It shouldn't matter to you which messenger calls to someone else, what should matter to you is that person is being awakened and educated. Isn't that the point? To rouse people awake---one at a time? Do you really care who has awakened me?

To all the naysayers: back off. Allow us to continue the process of productive discourse. Allow others their opinion. Disagree, yes, but do so intelligently, with maturity, with open-mindedness, with the thought, perhaps, that you are not always right.

It is not your job to like everyone in the world----nor is it your job to make sure that the rest of the world agree with your choices. Your choices are simply that---your choices.

We need foot soldiers in this world---right here and right now. Let's get on with the task of saving this world from devastation. Work together. Respect others.

Everything you need to know---you learned in kindgergarten.

You shouldn't have to be reminded how to act like a decent human being.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It was called respect. Respect for life, respect to your neighbors, respect to ELDERS! what ever happened to that? respect your Elders, wasnt their a video here of children on a bus making an old lady cry and they still laughed at her, excuse my language but what kind of (S-word) is that? and who's gonna make those kids apologize and understand that was (F-word) up? nobody right...
edit on 12-7-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree with your thoughts....It is Summer.

That being said...If there is a better site out there.

I have not found it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

And that's what I think of that.

We don't have very many skeptics on this site. But we have a LOT of debunkers.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Never seen a UFO.....(i,m pretty sure)
Never met an Alien.... (at least I don't think so)
Never trusted Authority... (so i'm on the right track)

When I first found this site it was a revelation to me.
Very few sheeple here I thought. People talking openly about suspicions I had regarding the ways of the world, intelligent, well documented, well sourced arguments as to the why things might not be as we are told they are.
I agree with the OP in that there is a fair bit of expressed animosity but then again the subject matter of this site is bound to attract those with a less than a solid grip on reality, even if reality itself is commonly a topic of debate. Underneath every troll and hater is a scared mortal willing to mock and scorn the individual who claims the emperor has no clothes less they incur the wrath of the regal supreme.
But hey ho....is this not the interweb and open to all ?. The lurker lurks and then moves on. I enjoy this site immensely and spot the good stuff as and when it arrives. I know for a fact that there a lot of very knowledgeable people that post here and they are the ones I come back for and look forward to and many thanks to them. With regards to the truth of things I have patience and surely with todays ongoing deluge of information the truth takes longer to find.
I think the site has become a victim of its own success.
Those of a whimsical and fanciful nature generally do not enjoy longevity even for a diverse site such as this as their subject matter (zombies etc) is of such minor relevance to the interests of the majority. They soon find sites where affiliates reside and they become forum personality's in their own right. This is a good thing. Everyone should have their own place. This place is for conspiracy theorists and related matter. And its ours. They are with us for a short time.

Keep with it for there are many diamonds to be had but the price is patience.
Its taken me many years to get to where I am. Don't be discouraged by the seemingly lack of progress for the tide is turning. The powerful flexing their muscles is because they are worried.

I am one, but we are many

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
unfortuneatly shooting the messenger is an age old sport in all cultures ... all one can do is try to be patient and hope that a few will understand the message ... not much can be done to change human nature ...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I hear you loud and clear OP!!
Just this evening Ive been reading a few threads and the same person in 2 threads is just simply being contrary and seems to be arguing for the sake of it. How strange... and useless.

new topics

top topics

join