It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courts to seal PSU sex scandal records, preventing further damage to image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was listening to Fox during my lunch hour and heard Megyn Kelly's outrage at the court's decision to seal the records of the sex scandal to prevent further damage to PSU's reputation. I have searched on the internet and can't find anything about it. If this is true, I am outraged as well. What would prevent the sealing of records for say, the Catholic church, a day care center or elementary school? If only one person were involved I could understand it a little better. But because there were several people in position that could have stopped this, I believe PSU should have a bad reputation for not employing responsible personnel. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
edit on 12-7-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

If in fact it is true, I can assure you it is to protect the higher ups involved in this! Such as our wonderful governor in the state of PA, Tom Corbett!!!!! He knew about this quite a while ago when he was the AG of our state and he did nothing!

In March 2009, a former Corbett underling, Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira, referred several Sandusky pedophile complaints to AG Corbett. Madeira was a former deputy AG, and a drug prosecutor, under Corbett. He'd been elected Centre County DA following the strange disappearance of Ray Gricar in 2005. Passing the case along to AG Corbett, Madeira cited a personal conflict of interest with a relative.

DA Madeira himself hadn't done much with these Sandusky complaints while they were in his office. The complaints, after all, had been referred to Madeira the previous year, in 2008. Neither would AG Corbett do much with them.

Source

This goes much farther than most people want to believe!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

In my state any investigation / court action that deals with minors are sealed / heavily redacted if released at all. I think the sealing of the documents is based on the minors and not so much on trying to save the image of the school.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I can understand their reasoning. Child molestation accusations always turn into witch hunts, and people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, unless you're accused of child molestation. Look at all the calls from others to investigate all the other people even remotely involved by association. And witch hunts always seem to spiral out of control.

However, i'm still not sure if I support it though. Because the reasoning is to protect their image, and not for any real moral responsibility.

I can understand being concerned about image, but that should not override real morality.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Regardless, this school is done for. If i was applying for a college, i would stay away from PSU like the plague.

If I ever have kids and they're ready for college, they too will be told to avoid this school and to stay at least 30 miles from that corrupt area.

I will teach my kids to further ingrain in all further generations, to keep away from there.

PSU will be done for in the next decade

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

oh, it's the same everywhere

lot's of college campus rapes or near rapes often get covered up

a friend of mine on the swim team nearly had a wet towel thrown over her head
if she hadn't seen her attacker reflected in the stainless steel walls of the shower stall
and connected with a solid right hook...

security tried to pressure her with the excuse that "nothing happened "
she was stubborn and took the case to court where she won her case
but she was dropped from the team, supposedly for the semester to help her avoid the bad memories
and eventually dropping out altogether

funny thing: recently a local senator, who was a
lifeguard there at the time got busted for corruption after barely avoiding a trial when pics surfaced showing him lofting an ak-47 at a notorious drug-dealers party

back when he was a lifeguard he got a couple of passes concerning a nasty little habit he had
giving swimming lessons to under-age girls after hours on campus
in the nude

if he'd been dealt with earlier on, and his actions not covered up,
his political aspirations would never have gotten off the ground

but you now how it is: "the rich are different"

while xcathedra has a point regarding protection of minors

i can't help but to wonder about the "supposed" satanic pedophile conspiracy's infiltration of society and legal system

of course this stuff gets covered up fast

these sickos can't go without raping kids for too long

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

In my state any investigation / court action that deals with minors are sealed / heavily redacted if released at all. I think the sealing of the documents is based on the minors and not so much on trying to save the image of the school.

Yes, but they are NOT minors anymore. This is ridiculous, and a shame.

Penn State should be dissolved.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well so far, I haven't heard anything more about it. But I'm sure I heard it correctly because I'm not smart enough to make that up
Maybe it will come out in a day or two. I listened to her tonight and she didn't mention it.

top topics

join