It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers publish emails, passwords from Yahoo service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
by Lucian Constantin, IDG-News-Service:Romania-Bureau Jul 12, 2012 8:45 am

A group of hackers on Thursday published a list of more than 453,000 log-in credentials that were allegedly stolen from a database associated with an unnamed Yahoo service.

www.macworld.com...

I went in and changed all my passwords for yahoo accounts. You can go to Yahoo's "Recent Login Activity" page and see where "you" logged in from...I guess I've been to Vietnam, Japan, Mexico and Argentina this week.

('
')
edit on 7/12/2012 by km22453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What a bunch of tools.

Hopefully they didn't hack mine.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I hope those hackers soon realize that their skill can be used for something useful in the real world. As for my accounts ugh its not like i trusted yahoo in the first place

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yeah i had something happen where all my contacts got sent a email that when they opened it and compromised their accounts too or at least thats what they been telling me happened.glad i dont store anything of real value in my email account but im pretty sure they got a few of my old videos and saved pictures.....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
People still use yahoo? What's next, MySpace?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
People still use yahoo? What's next, MySpace?

Yes, I've had it since the 90's. It's my last name @yahoo.com Just gotta keep it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I checked my recent log-in activity and everything looks fine. I'm using a 17 character alpha/numeric password. I did update my other information such as security questions and new cell number. The check was worth my time; I honestly couldn't remember the answers to the security questions so I was able to change them while logged in.

new topics

join