It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions For ATS And Links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yesterday I thought I started what might be a good thread. Being fairly new to the whole ATS thing..I linked a site that most people consider a joke. Not really knowing the difference between what is reputable and what is not, brought me to this conclusion.

What would the members think if ATS would restrict he linking to specific websites known to provide disinformation or hoaxed information? They could exclude specific websites such as the site I tried to link (beforeitsnews.com). In order to do this, they might take a poll from the members? List several sites known to spew wrong information and have the members pick which sites should be restricted, something of that nature.

Again, I really didn't know credible from non-credible, and some other members have given me some clues as what to look for. This is my suggestion and it might keep others from getting bashed so hard the next time. Much appreciated guys!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

This sounds like a decent idea, I for one have been on ATS for 3 years and I have finally had the courage to create my account after seeing this post which I can relate to and have some revisions. I for one have seen ATS posts' quality and intelligent replies from users plummet. Everything goes off topic and trolls are mentioned way to often. I want ATS to be back to the way I loved it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

We actually do that already.

There are sources that are banned from ATS, some of them generate a graphic that blocks the URL from appearing due to legal disputes or flat our hoaxing..

Others are just ones that are known hoax websites that staff will remove once alerted.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036
List several sites known to spew wrong information

That would be every site period. There is nothing wrong with beforeitsnews. If you find information anywhere and feel you have the need to spread it, simply research into the information to determine whether or not it has merit.

Never mind what anyone or other has to say about anything or other in particular.

I never mind so much that I barely ever read the replies to an original thread post. I simply read the original post and move on. More often than not.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

I was shredded and laughed at for linking "beforeitsnews.com" simply because others thought it was a "web fail". I certainly don't believe everything on that site. Some of the articles are really far fetched, others contain information that is simply regurgitated.

new topics

top topics

join