It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Steven Anderson says NO and walks...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Love or hate the guy for his personal views. Most people will enjoy this.

*A little background on Pastor Stevey, back in '09 he was beaten and tazed by the Border Patrol.
T he Beating
The Acquittal

So fast forward to 2012? You'd think he'd be kind and polite to various LEOs (What "Law Enforcement Officers" like to call themselves) and be a "good" citizen...

Guess not, watch the vid.

edit on 12-7-2012 by thesungod because: Forgot the C in acquittal

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He hardly "walked." First he got the crap beaten out of him simply for exercising his rights as an American citizen, and then he had to go through a trial where he was faced with the loss of his freedom. I thank God that the jurors saw the illegality of the government's actions and freed him. I also pray that he will GET PAID as a result of his civil suit, and that getting totally owned in court will give the government pause before they just beat the crap out of people at these illegal and unconstitutional ID checkpoints for exercising their 4th Amendment rights.

I wonder how big the wheelbarrow is, you know, the one he has to use to carry around his huge brass balls. We can all take a lesson from this man.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That was great.....and I think we all need to speak up in this way when our rights are totally being trampled....he was calm, polite, yet asserted his rights....this is one man who is not going to be "beaten" into submission...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Im trapped in a hotel with an older relative ATM.

ANd all she does is watch these crime shows on tv, you know the ones... there are about 50 different ones on any given day.

I never watch the crap as I find them all the same # put a different way.

My point is this, as I was here watching them, I was appalled at the crap on there, in it Every cop is a hero, and Everyone who asserts his rights a villain

everyone that used the "right to remain silent" was answered in show with "oh hes guilty"

Everyone that asked for a lawyer, "oh hes definitely guilty"

ANd the "am I being detained officer" was uttered by the worst of characters...

WE have rights, USING them makes you an American, Not using them is bowing to terrorist that are destroying the country.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think you make an excellent point......people have been "trained" that to assert your rights means "your guilty"..and to blindly comply with "unreasonable" treatment.

I will quickly give you an example of something that happened to me....one morning I was woken by BANGING on my door....I get up to answer the door, and the police came charging in my house without permission demanding to know where my BF was, I told them he wasn't there but they searched my house anyways....I have this cop "in my face" demanding to know where he was....I just kept asking what is this about? I was finally told that a man my BF had had a fight with the day before was filing assult charges, which were later dropped, it was a case of self defence.

Anyways they keep asking me where he lives, and I didn't want to tell them, so I tried to keep my directions vague, at this point they FORCED me to get into a police car and show them where he lived.....I pulled out my cell phone and tried to call my BF but the police took away my phone, and said I couldn't call him, there was no way he was going to run, and I knew he had done what he had to do in that fight, he even called 911 before this guy attacked him.

The cops raid his house pull him out in his boxers, barefeet and handcuffs, let his dog out, refused to let me talk to him or get the dog, thankfully one of the neighbors grabbed the dog......it was one of the most horrible experiences of my life....I felt completely helpless.....we are not not trouble makers, very nice people actually, we were both employed, and I just couldn't believe that something like this could happen, my BF was put threw hell, and never given a chance to explain his side before he was treated like a criminal and thrown in jail for days before he saw a judge.

This whole mess of cops more and more just assuming people are quilty and we somehow have to comply and "prove" our innocence is bogus.......ok...rant over......

edit on 12-7-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

You had the right to tell the cops to get out of your house. You had the right NOT to lead the cops to your boyfriend. Do not let LEOs bully you. Exercise your rights before they disappear.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think I saw this video a while ago. Stilll pertinent however.
Just how hard is it for them to verify who he is? He travels this route frequently. He should be at least a nodding acquantance by now.
I really wonder why they put so obviously an American Citizen thru all this, while these same guys look the other way when dozens of possible illegals walk/drive on thru.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Absolutely loved it, so funny when authority is challenged and compliance, not necessary the officers have no clue what to do. And then prove just how pointless each checkpoint is bye just letting him be on his way absolutely love it. Kudos to this guy, and everyone should take a lesson for how to deal with the SS in your community....

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yeah, I would have handled it differently now.....

, this was a few years ago....and I was just in "shock", and because my "brain washing" had convinced me that I needed to cooperate with the police...and I was overwelmed with absolute bullies that "over powered" me...I just wasn't smart or brave enough at that point to deal with it better........that's why I shared my story because good normal people should think through how you should handle something like this if it happens to you....because when it catches you "off guard" it's very, very intimidating....and a total nightmare.......

top topics

join