It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I see this one all of the time here

19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a variant of the 'play dumb' rule. Regardless of what material may be presented by an opponent in public forums, claim the material irrelevant and demand proof that is impossible for the opponent to come by (it may exist, but not be at his disposal, or it may be something which is known to be safely destroyed or withheld, such as a murder weapon.) In order to completely avoid discussing issues, it may be required that you to categorically deny and be critical of media or books as valid sources, deny that witnesses are acceptable, or even deny that statements made by government or other authorities have any meaning or relevance.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by ADVISOR

I would argue that for those who have been on ATS for years, a community awareness has developed and i would like to think most of the active users would be able to recognize Technique #2, especially will silly introductory threads like "Hi, i got some secret info"

I found "Anger Trolling" to be active at times on ATS, tends to revovle around drawing out hatred between nations. I always say "some threads turn into a pissing contest"

It goes a lot deeper here on ATS than 'anger trolling'.

These psychological tactics used as the OP describes, and in addition to those distraction and misinformation uses, let's not forget that the entire forum here and every other like forum elsewhere is routinely captured in it's ENTIRETY...all opinions, reveals, admissions, fears, interests, political connections, everything posted by every member at any time, is captured and stored...this is no longer conspiracy, as we all now well know.

The agents placed in these boards are here, they have always been here, and probably always will be. They steer, intimidate, misdirect, insinuate and use just about every other psy trick in the book to meet their directives.

Going from memory, one member here not too long ago decided to look a little deeper into this subject. Turns out the member is quite proficient using computers and was able to track the online footprints of a series of posts that caused him or her to become suspicious (can't remember the names of those involved), and the tracks led back to Langley, Virginia.

Or more accurately, back to the CIA.

I've always said it...watch what you say online. I don't have a problem with spooks tracing my online activities, my dribble on forums and browsing habits are generally pretty boring and certainly would be uninteresting from a spooks point of view, but regardless..it agravates the hell out of me when they show up in threads trying to weave their crap among us.

Just be mindful of the fact that it shouldn't even need to be said that agents a regularly browsing and often posting on these boards, and apart from that fact, the other thing to remember is that everything that goes on here, in every forum and in every post made on ATS IS captured and stored away for later scrutiny.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Everyone has an IP, and only the very savvy know how to run a proxy successfully.

Only the very savvy?

What...like the intelligence agencies you mean?

That's who we're talking about here...Government agencies using multiple online sock puppet accounts where one agent sitting at a keyboard can appear to be many forum members simultaneously, complete with individual and unique IP's that appear to not only be from unique computers but can also look as though those computers are spread out internationally.

This is happening, it has been happening...and the people behind this are VERY tech savvy and have access to equipment and software that most members wouldn't believe as possible.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by LoveFurther

Two way debate is dialogue. One way debate is propaganda.

Sadly that answer would actually lead to much more of an ability for special interests to muddy the waters.

Well it's been done before on ATS. There was a bootlicker thread about "good cop stories". Any negative remarks about cops were labelled offtopic even thought they were discussing the topic posted.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The link is down due to a bot attack. Suspicious? Very much so.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mardinio

I know right? Now I really really wanna read it...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Do you have a copy of that article or know of another place to get it?

As mentioned by another poster, the link is now verklempt due to a bot attack...or something...

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A very interesting read, S&F.

I've heard about this once or twice before, but never looked into it until now. And don't get me wrong, before anyone tries to tear me to shreds, because I love this site--but it makes you wonder why so many touchy topics are attacked or removed, but equally-as-touchy topics OPPOSING the unfavored ones are allowed to run rampant.

Not suggesting the original makers of the site are steering opinions in a certain way, but an internet forum--especially one as busy as ATS--could easily be highjacked in this way. ATS is wonderful, but its limited. For true discussion and honesty, it always better to speak to folks face-to-face. The art of conversation isn't completely dead just yet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Due to the recent popularity of a recent thread, I found this old one and decided to give it a bump.

The possibility of forum spies or shills makes ATS that much more interesting.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Basically if a person posts information that is a threat to what you believe to be Truth...Then a way has to be found to get rid of them.

I'm a master mind...But I know that manipulating people without their knowledge is evil...

Lets say I tell you something I think is True but it is false...But you believe what I tell you is true and you are blinded for life.

Oopsie...sorry I did not intend for that to happen...it was an accident.

Lets say I tell you something I know is false...But you believe what I tell you is true and you are blinded for life.

Oopsie...sorry I did not intend for that to happen...it was an accident.

Regardless of intent the logical conclusion is the same.

The Gentleperson's Guide

Ill decode

The Liberals Guide

Liberals are gradual absolute capitalists...baby seals...White

Conservatives are violent absolute capitalists...Clubbers...Black

I created Hypertiger in 1987 to run around in the Matrix...

I helped build and program the internet before it was called the Internet.

People log on seeking support for or to promote their cherished delusions.

Which are lies they believe are Truth and fall in love with.

And they will fight to the death to protect what they cherish.

Basically This is what I have seen for 20 years...people committing suicide fighting to the death to remain asleep (ignorant of Truth) to continue to enjoy the daydream (cherished delusion) they are awake (knowledgeable of Truth)

Entangled in threads like flies on the world wide web of lies ruled by the horror of babble on.

Spies?

I was born with the ability to see the invisible order or the basic system of reality operating in the background that supplies the demand for power by the visible chaos or graphical user interface of the fantasy believed to be reality you all are floating around in.

The new digital electronic computerized economy began to be implemented leading into 1971 and since then the population has been tranceformed into digital electronic computerized game players in a digital electronic computerized virtual reality or fantasy game world.

To make programming, manipulating you all without you knowledge by downloading programs into your minds easier an easier.

edit on 8-5-2014 by HYPERTlGER because: Addition.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

Of course.

it is all a part of their game, playing the selective ignorance card.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thank you for this information...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 123123

Very welcome.
Sharing information is essentially the purpose.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Certainly there aren't any spies lurking about the boards. Perhaps some trolls and a few mentally disturbed, but otherwise no disinformation agents. Surely the government has better things to invest their black budget money in.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PaidShill

You are probably correct.

The current interests seem to be more inclined to waste tax payer money in foreign elections like Prime Minister of Israel.

As for how this has evolved over the years.

Full tilt Cloward Piven and Alinsky style tactics, this is worse than what occured during the cold war.
Sympathysers don't have to be paid dis/mis info agents. Useful idiots volunteer or, do so ignorantly believing in what they do is right.

Being born at the end of the 1970s, and growing up in the 80s, I remember the Cold War.
We were all taught about not trusting any aspect of communism. It is anti freedom, counter/contra to every thing America stands for. There is a reason the world allied against communist intentions, because communism destroys individual liberties until no one is free.

There are no rights, only the state of government.

American power is in the people.
We The People are the true seat of authority from whom elected representatives derive a limited authority from consent of the governed.

No government power has authority with out the American peoples consent.
Hence why representatives are chosen, by vote.

To have agents of hostile and or counter productive intent, disrupting and causing division, either knowingly or blind ignorance, is never beneficial.

Those hard truths can be seen more clearly when pointed out, and should not be discarded, who turns away a possible tool for their toolbox.

These sort of topics and posts, I hope help the readers and members who may not know.
Some do know, and this may help confirm.

None the less, thank you all for the replies. Am very glad more are able to be aware of disruptive activities, and possible un/organized fronts for such.

I suspect, as others may, that the bigger potential issues are of isolated individual efforts, than dedicated groups.

Wow, 2015 already...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PaidShill

about 20% of my posts seem to be blocked on here at least not one person responds and the thread ends.

now do my words inspire such awe in people that everyone who reads it are struck dumbfounded and are unable to comment or do people not want others to know what I have to say.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
reply to post by autowrench

Only the very savvy?

What...like the intelligence agencies you mean?

the intelligence communities are not savvy they are protecting the people that kill them and their families in fact it absolutely amazes me on exactly how stupid these people are

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm definitely skeptical about the "Share your [INSERT]" threads. I always shake my head when I see people posting pictures of drugs, guns, and their cars. I don't care about any of those things anyway, but that's a sure way to get yourself profiled by government data collection agencies.

The problem I have with people trying to identify online agents is that people will accuse you of being a shill simply for disagreeing with them. I can't count how many times I've disagreed with someone and asked them to provide evidence for something, to which they reply "You're just a government shill, piece of #" or something along those lines. It leads me to believe that if someone is constantly calling others shills and agents, then it's probably because THEY ARE.

The best way is to judge by objective thinking. If someone does not think objectively, they're either stupid or getting paid.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

That's an awesome piece of work! Didn't see any signature or accredited author or source for the article. Do you know anything about it?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
It is aways bound to come up in discussions, as an argument or distraction from.
Often it is just a catch phrase used in a weakly veiled attempt of misdirection.

While reading daily info sites, I saw this article and thought of the COINTELPRO crowd here at our beloved ATS community . It is an eye opening read for those unfamiliar with this subject, and a confirmation for those who are.

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum 2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation 3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist 4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent) 5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression ______________________________________________________________________________________

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..

Source link

I'm sure there are shils here lurking in the shadows
I'm also not the sharpest tool in the shed
Hope they get paid for what they do

Imagine shils from every nation on ATS
Lol
If they are here that means ATS is growing
Or there looking for me lol
I'm not worried I got 10 layers of tin foil on my head.
The 20 layer prototype is in development

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join