It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ademo Freeman Facing 21 Years For Video Taping A Cop Beating Up A Teenager

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ademo Freeman Facing 21 Years For Video Taping A Cop Beating Up A Teenager

www.copblock.org

Recently I was found guilty in my Chalking 8 trial, while highlighting those bogus charges we (Pete and I) met Frank and Mike, who took this video of Manchester Police Officer Murphy. The video went viral and received attention from several news outlets. Instead of taking a serious look at the actions caught on tape the city went into defense mode.

The Police, school and local government officials sought to criminalize Frank, Mike and myself. They expelled Frank from school, charged Mike as an adult (over a teenage fight) and charged me with three counts of wiretapping. Crimes the state say
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.libertariannews.org...
edit on 7/12/2012 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ademo Freeman is now facing 21 years of prison for video taping a police officer beat up a teenage kid.

NH law allows the state to press wiretapping charges against people who video tape others without their consent. The state has taken this law and perverted its use to prevent the recording of public officials IN PUBLIC.

www.copblock.org

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This was overturned in Massachusetts recently; I expect the same to happen here...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

Thankfully in Illinois a Judge has declared this type law unconstitutional. Illinois has also voted to repeal the eavesdropping law to allow people to video tape in public places, including Police Offcers'

Unconstitutional
These type of laws are insane. When passed they did not even include News Agencies as exemptions.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I hope it is overturned in NH as well, but he's facing a very corrupt judge.

Further, he is planning on defending himself.

He needs more money to hire a lawyer.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchoCapitalist

Ademo Freeman is now facing 21 years of prison for video taping a police officer beat up a teenage kid.

NH law allows the state to press wiretapping charges against people who video tape others without their consent. The state has taken this law and perverted its use to prevent the recording of public officials IN PUBLIC.

www.copblock.org

So he video taped the Officers without their consent; and that is against NH law...so naturally they are going to prosecute him...they don't like being caught!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yet another example of how people's rights are being "stomped" on...pun intended.....sigh....

I think people need to start sueing the cities that have put up cameras every where and are filming us without our consent....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If there is any group of people in our society that need constant surveillance it is the police. They have the ability to deprive citizens of their constitutional rights and stand little chance of ever having to answer for their crimes if it were not for the random recording of their criminal actions.

Most cops will not hesitate to lie, make up evidence and even give false testimony to protect themselves and their fellow LEO's.
I have no love for the storm troopers but I recognize that they are a necessary evil that must be endured in order to have a working society. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold their feet to the fire. Having the freedom to record their actions is fundamental to protecting our rights, in my humble opinion.
edit on 7/12/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It is an election season... there will be many outrageous charges brought to our attention by the media.... it's how they "entertain" people.

In non-election seasons, these things happen too... we just don't get to see it posted in larger font over the article about how new 'deals' made by our representatives are finalized... or how another financial institution is getting a 'fix' of tax-payer dollars.

You want this kind of crap to stop... talk to your state legislators about the jokers they appoint to the DA's office.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In the meantime, he should be getting volunteers from Constitutional Lawyers to take his case free of charge and they should put forth a request for another judge.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Well put and well said.
Right on.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I agree, and this has nothing to do with election year. BS like this happens all year around...

Purpose of law should not be to defend officials who are breaching the law.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You know whats funny? The man that taped the Rodney King beating was hailed as a hero.
I wonder what wouldve happened if they had tried to prosecute him?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Yeah...it's getting stranger and stranger....pulling out a cell phone, etc. to film public officials is being seen as "hostile" these days.....if everything is on the "up and up" why would they care if they were filmed?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

www.copblock.org

So he video taped the Officers without their consent; and that is against NH law...so naturally they are going to prosecute him...they don't like being caught!

And with that logic, a cop could arrest any owner of a CCTV camera used for security.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

You want this kind of crap to stop... talk to your state legislators about the jokers they appoint to the DA's office.

While this may address the fact of either a prosecution or a dropping of charges, it does not address the fact of The Law, especially when The Law is the fundamental problem, which is the case with the wiretapping w/o consent law in select places.

Prosecutors are there to prosecute according to law, regardless of the the justness of law.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LOL...hey it's the world we live in...security cameras do help the police catch criminals...but it works both ways, it also "catches them too! With any luck I will have no interaction with the law any time soon...but I think I would request it be filmed even if it was a traffic ticket....I don't trust most cops anymore.....and I was friends with a woman married to one for years....and there are some sick "puppies" that have way to much power.....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

Some more information on this story (which i from 2011) -

Manchester students say videotape of arrest was not planned

According to the article he was not arrested for videotaping the police but for recording phone calls.

Copblock is problematic in that its members do incite situations solely to record police actions and then cry foul. The last thread was the incident in San Jose CA where the police received reports of guns being sold at a garage sale. No sooner did the officer arrive that he was on camera by 3 people. They proceeded to argue with the officer about 4th amendment violations among other accusations that were unfounded.

While I understand that cops can be as stupid as a brain damaged test monkey, we need to get out of the mindset that all police do this. We also need to get out of the habit of only looking at one side of the situation while passing judgement based on that one side.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

NH law allows the state to press wiretapping charges against people who video tape others without their consent.

Doesn't that mean that you Americans can sue those states Police Departments for Dash Cams?
I mean they are recording people without their consent or warrant.

Have at 'em boys!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
if that's true then they need to send all public officials,, police officers and government employees to jail for wiretapping. illegally video taping intersections cameras, police cameras, and any satellite or drone video taping. also include any press video where anyone who hasn't given their consent to jail. i'm being sarcastic btw but as you can see its a retarded law to put someone to jail for what that guy did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join