It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Olympic Team 'uniforms' for the Opening Ceremony -- Made in China !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
New York Daily News
July 10, 2012

U.S. Olympic team unveils uniform for the Opening Ceremony at the London Olympics

The U.S.A. Olympic Team will wear specially designed "uniforms" at the opening ceremony in London.

The "designer" is Ralph Lauren and it seems the manufacturer is in China !!!

Well Well. How ironic

Again we see another "offshore" boondoggle coming to light.

Some people also "view" the uniforms as too "military -ish" or even a bit too "NWO-ish" in appearance.

The Ralph Lauren polo pony logo is also visible on the blazers.

Before they slip into something more comfortable, like say, leotards or weightlifting belts, Team USA will greet the world at the opening ceremony for the London Olympics in classic Americana style by Ralph Lauren.

Too bad they’re made in China — and that there’s a beret.

Men will wear navy blazers with the Olympic team patch, along with red, white and blue neckties and white pants. Women will pair the blazers with a white dress or skirt and a scarf.

Both blazers are emblazoned with the in-your-face “Big Pony” logo — a mistake say some branding experts and celebrity stylists.

But the biggest mistake is the French-friendly navy beret every athlete will wear.

Who makes these "decisions" anyway ?

Are "Politics" involved ?

2nd story from Fox

Go Team USA !!

..."every stitch counts"

+20 minutes after post.

Added Uniform picture

edit on Jul-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Blaady hell!

That's not a sports uniform! What the hell! That's, as you said, very military-ish.

As for being made in China ... What isn't these days???

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The more time passes the more I look at "Blade Runner" and think that perhaps Ridley Scott has a scrying orb and looks into the future...

Remember LA in that movie.. how the East and West had merged socially and you had this strange hodgepodge of Chinese and American influences? Seems that is becoming more and more of a likelihood these days.

My two cents. Your mileage may vary.

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You couldn't make it up.

I'd more or less given up with the Olympics, then recently i heard that someone nearby who is representing our country at a certain sport in the Olympics, has had to raise his own money to get there.

That kind of sealed the "not interested anymore" factor for me.

That's not a one off situation for this Olympics either, i know someone else who had to pay for thier own ticket to represent the UK. To think how much money the government will make off of this. Just the food profits would probably pay all expenses.

Sad thing is, these athletes don't want to say anything incase they ruffle any feathers and lose thier place.

How sad is that?

Not sure where the UK's uniforms are made, probably bought through Primark via some sweatshop somewhere.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Perfect!

Firts impression on the uniforms: looks like hitler youth
2nd impression: the us is taken ove by corporates (huge polo logo instead of a flag...)
3rd: is that the french flag on the beret?
4th: made in china

so all in all a very good uniform to show what the US became nowadays...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I read somewhere the other day about Macdonalds having a monopoly on chips.

No one else could sell chips unless they were selling a fish with it!

As for paying for yourself to get to an event you are representing. That has happened many times in many major game events around the World.

The government only knows how to take NOT give ... I thought you knew that

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

The government only knows how to take NOT give ... I thought you knew that

Yeah i thought i knew that.....i guess never a day goes by where i'm not reminded though.

Whilst i wouldn't want the lads getting into trouble, i take back what i said about hoping the troops protests on the 24th in London go peacefully, i wish they'd just do what needs doing in Westminster.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well stop whining about this made in China stuff and elect politicians who will force corporations to stop moving overseas because of being over regulated by the liberals.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
While not a fan of the uniforms myself, I don't particularly have issue with the overall design. That will change with each one and is just subject to what the designer does really. I do have issue with the Lauren logo being put on them and the exorbitant price tag for them. The Olympics long ago turned into nothing more than a huge money grab for corporate sponsorship, and hasn't conformed to the average person's idea of what they should be about for a long time. But this is America and everything is for sale politicians, prisons, highways, libraries, utilities and now even duties of the court.

Them being manufactured in China is an issue all on it's own and while yes it just doesn't seem right it seems even less right that Fox news wants to raise an issue over it. Since they are in fact the network who backs the policy of offshoring our manufacturing and waging a war on the American worker who is faced with the prospect of losing their job or devaluing their work so they can make wages competitive with the Chinese.

Not even going to discuss the beret thing it is a stupid non starter to begin with. And the cast of Fox and friends only made themselves look ignorant blasting it as being too French when the US Military uses them as part of their uniforms.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What the hell are those?

Are the athletes now all memebrs of the Kriegsmarine?

Those are horrible.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'd wear the men's outfit out in the public in a heart beat!

Why is everyone mad about the outfit? I can see the beret being a bit "militaristic", but besides that, the rest of the outfits look sharp and classy despite it being made China.

Haters gonna hate.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

*cough cough*
en.wikipedia.org...

wanna look on the right side of the screen scroll down a bit and tell me what you see
edit on 12-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

*cough cough*
en.wikipedia.org...

wanna look on the right side of the screen scroll down a bit and tell me what you see

So what if the military uses them? They have been around for a long time without any military influence up until recent times.

Beret

Beret-like headwear has been worn across Europe since pre-Roman times. Mass production began in 19th century France, Spain and Italy, countries with which it remains associated.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

wow upon a small amount of research ive come to the realization weve been dressing our athletes like a cross between soldiers and preppy businessmen for a while now.... check out the uniforms other countries athletes wear..... japan had honost to god rainbow capes in 2000

abcnews.go.com...
look at the slow transition from the 84 uniform to the 2012 uniform

(my point was though that it wasnt just the beret that made the uniforms similar)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Lol'ed at the 84' USA attire. Huge leap from then to 2000, but still - I like the uniforms now.

I'll just admit it, I have Ralph Lauren clothing...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ralph Lauren That is where the problem starts. Hoity Toity out of touch designer looking to be different for the sake of being different and not designing to serve the utility needed. The berets look to be of especially poor quality.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Seriously, are they there to play in the Olympic games or arrest someone. Who gave the OK to those Uniforms?

new topics

top topics

join