It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
1. What is meditation?

2. Why is meditation important?

3. What can I gain from meditating (physical/mental and/or spiritual rewards/benefits)?

4. What's the best type of meditation and why?

5. How long should I meditate (how many minutes/hours a day) ?

6. What's the best position to meditate?

7. Why do you meditate?

8. How long before I can feel my chakras, kundalini, third eye, etc. ?

9. What have you experienced (seeing colors/beings/astral plane/ activated third eye etc) ?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
1) Meditation is basically the practice of putting yourself in a certain state of mind. Most people who meditate are either trying to become either mentally relaxed or focused.

2) It's important only if you find it important.

3) There are a wide array of benefits, and every person gets his or her own benefits. As a general rule meditation leads to mental clarity, reduced mental chatter, good health, emotional stability and spiritual experiences.

4) There is no objectively "best" way to meditate because "best" is just a preference. Seek and you will find.

5) The question of how long to meditate is trivial. The ultimate aim for most meditations is to train the mind to remain in a state of meditation at all times. Practice makes perfect, so my advice is to practice as often and for as long as you like.

6) Again there is no objectively "best" position for meditation. This is because there are many forms of meditation, and some are conducive to sitting perfectly still, while others can be done during extreme physical exertion.

7) I meditate because it is a great stress-relief, and it gives me opportunities to be reflective and to integrate change.

8) This is different for every person. However in the meditations I have led, most people have been able to feel subtle energy in their first meditation.

9) The main experiences I have had were epiphanies and out-of-body experiences. I can also feel and direct subtle energy within my body very easily. For instance on the rare occasion that I get sick, I can clear my stuffy nose using subtle energy and relaxation techniques.
edit on 12-7-2012 by wagnificent because: didn't need the quote

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

Thanks.

How does subtle energy feel like, is it like a wave of energy on your body?

How do you control your subtle energy? Is it by thought/mentally?
edit on 12-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is purely my own point of view and experience -

1. A way to clear your mind and learn to not react to your emotions. You are not your thoughts/feelings, etc.

2. Promotes clarity and mindful awareness. The more aware you are of your own patterns, the easier it is to stop yourself from negative behavior and thought patterns.

3. A clear mind and the truth that life is suffering. It's not about getting rid of fear, pain and stress but learning how to react to them in a positive way.

4. Whichever one resonates with you

5. As long as you need too

6. The one you are most comfortable in

7. All of the above

8. That has nothing to do with meditation

9. Not much and that is really not the goal of meditation. your mind is constantly putting on a show for you, telling you stories, showing you pictures, and if you want to see swirling colours you will. the question of the meditative mind is: why do you want to swirling colours and how does that relate to your identification of yourself? what story is the mind telling you about you? go into your mediation practice with zero expectation

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I found this site very helpful when looking for answers and guidence on meditation,(and other stuff)
www.in5d.com...

Enjoy and good luck.
To mods: Im not sure if im allowed to put a link to a site like this. If not I appologise.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
1. What is meditation?

A process after death, in which the light is growing within oneself.
The question 'why is it important' is irrelevant, when one goes through the narrow gate, he has done so because of an insight.
There are no gains to be persued, it is growing spiritual, become one with the divine.
There is only one meditation, thats meditation itself, everyone will one day notice it within himself.
At first there are several flashes, but gradually it is growing, and we will be more and more in a meditational state, it is not an act.
Meditation comes naturally.
One can walk on a beach, sit at the porch, listen to the ambience of nature, the only thing of importance is to be alone, not disturbed by anyone who pulls you out of the inner state.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm not going to go number by number here, but I'll toss out a quick hint to get yourself started. I kinda developed this technique in Iraq where there were a lot of distractions. What you need to do is focus on your breathing and eventually you'll start to drown external distractions out. An easy way to do this is to count your breaths on the out breath. Go one through 10 then start over, breath in through the nose out the mouth with long slow breaths. If you're mind starts to wander or you forget what number you're on start the count over. Eventually you'll focus on breathing without thinking about it and that will drown out distractions. Also I tend to be fidgety so I got a set of Mala beads to keep myself from moving around so much.

new topics

top topics

join