It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair was briefed on UK UFO files.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm not a regular in the UFO forum, but I thought you guys might want to read this:

www.bbc.co.uk...

[former] Prime Minister Tony Blair was briefed on the UK's files about UFO sightings in 1998, newly declassified MoD documents have revealed.

The declassified documents - from the MoD unit which investigated UFO claims from 1950 until it was shut down in 2009 - also include several sightings and investigations.

These include:

Dr David Clarke
A spate of sightings in west Wales in 1977 which included a hotel owner reportedly seeing two tall, silver-suited "faceless humanoids" which began making measurements
A UFO sighting in Spalding, Lincolnshire, which led to the witness being visited by three tall men in black suits who "seemed to move silently"
An RAF Air Commodore describing in a memo to Defence Intelligence Staff that he had seen a UFO flying above him when he was flying at 40,000 feet
A mounted police officer seeing a "square/diamond shaped object moving across the sky and changing shape" whilst on duty at Chelsea FC ground in 1999
A memo noting claims the naval task force sailing to liberate the Falklands in 1982 had been shadowed by UFOs - "presumably Little Green Men in ponchos"

And here's the archives, which are apparently free to view for a month.

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

So what do you think about this? Was Tony Blair privy to any information or was he just briefed on the files themselves?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Did you use search? There are 2 other threads on this already.

As for Tony Blair being briefed on UFO files...aren't most of TPTB?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

No I had a quick scan down the page. The search function tends to be broken most of the time.

If this is a multiple thread then I'll alert the mods.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Very interesting reading about the blue streak missile launch site, got me thinking there is a connection with the cumberland spaceman! So records show that some unkown force is keeping check on our space efforts. It will take sometime to through all these files thankyou.

Something that just popped in to my head, what if the country that had the biggest nuclear arms would be the country the extraterrestrials would help, cold war because it was never going to happen, but who could build the biggest would get the attention.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I just saw this in the news this morning, so it is a current topic.

I certainly cannot recall ever hearing that any Canadian PM has been briefed on UFOs. And I also cannot recall hearing if any US president in recent memory has been briefed.

So I do think it is noteworthy that Blair was briefed in 1998.

I'd also like to know more about the naval ship being followed by UFOs during the Falklands War that was apparently mentioned in the briefing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
From Yahoo news

New documents have been released which detail the role of a special MoD unit responsible for investigating UFOs.

The role of Britain's UFO desk officers is shown in records released by the National Archives .

The 6,700 pages include a detailed briefing on UFO policy from the officers who worked for the Defence Intelligence Staff to then Prime Minister Tony Blair and a sighting of a UFO allegedly seen hovering above Chelsea Football Club.

The desk officers also set-out their thoughts on the possibility of the existence of alien life and discussions about how the Ministry of Defence could harness extra-terrestrial weapons.

Among their many tasks was the handling of hundreds of Freedom of Information requests from people looking for information about reported UFO sightings.

Officers were also expected to provide briefings on the Ministry of Defence's official position on extra-terrestrial life and maintain regular contact with UFO experts.

According to the files, a hotel owner in Wales once complained to her MP after a UFO landed in a field "from which two tall silver-suited 'faceless humanoids' emerged and began "making measurements'."

The desk also claims to have once investigated an earthly visit by three "men in black” but the perception there were top-secret teams of scientists scurrying around the country like the X-Files was "total fiction".

The documents are being released after a Freedom of Information request by Dr David Clarke , author of 'The UFO files' and a lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.

He said: "These records allow us to look behind the scenes of what must have been one of the strangest jobs in Whitehall."

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i liked this bit

"A UFO sighting in Spalding, Lincolnshire, which led to the witness being visited by three tall men in black suits who "seemed to move silently"

does anyone have any more storys/ witnesses etc who were warned or intimidated by men in black and told not to talk about their encounters?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Unless you were in the "need to know" catagory , you wouldn't have a clue who has or hasn't been briefed .
What makes you think you are privvy to such information ? and why would you dismiss any claims that others have been briefed ?

edit on 12-7-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

Unless you were in the "need to know" catagory , you wouldn't have a clue who has or hasn't been briefed .
What makes you think you are privvy to such information ? and why would you dismiss any claims that others have been briefed ?

edit on 12-7-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

Of course I don't know who has or has not been briefed. But the news story revealed that Tony Blair HAS been briefed.

NOTE: I also did not dismiss any claims that anyone had been briefed. Are you just being argumentative to the purposes of being argumentative?

What I said in my post was...

I certainly cannot recall ever hearing that any Canadian PM has been briefed on UFOs. And I also cannot recall hearing if any US president in recent memory has been briefed. So I do think it is noteworthy that Blair was briefed in 1998.

I certainly did NOT make any claims that anyone had been, or had NOT been briefed. Please try to read the posts before responding.
edit on 12-7-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ok i'll rephrase it , just for you .
Why do you think you would get to hear if ANYBODY had been briefed ? it's not something that is generally made known to the general public .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ok i'll rephrase it , just for you .
Why do you think you would get to hear if ANYBODY had been briefed ? it's not something that is generally made known to the general public .

Okay, I'll rephrase my reply, just for you.

Why do you think, that I think that it would be told to the public? When did I say anything about that?
All I said is that the revelation that Tony Blair was briefed was newsworthy.
And I stated that I've never heard about Canadian PMs being briefed in a similar manner.

Now, if you actually have any evidence to suggest that any have been briefed, you are certainly welcome to produce it.

Sheesh, some people just love making posts about nothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This is what you wrote.

I certainly cannot recall ever hearing that any Canadian PM has been briefed on UFOs. And I also cannot recall hearing if any US president in recent memory has been briefed.

Now, why do you think that you would get to hear of such things ? My question is simple and straight forward .
Would you care to answer it in such a way ?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This is what you wrote.

Now, why do you think that you would get to hear of such things ? My question is simple and straight forward .
Would you care to answer it in such a way ?

Uh, where did I say that I would "get to hear" such things? All I said was I couldn't recall ever hearing of any such briefings being reported.

What IS your problem? Do you have trouble comprehending simple English?

Your question is based on what you think I am implying, rather than being based on anything I actually said.
Comprende?

top topics

join