It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutiny fear in Israeli army as religious Zionists gain influence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It appears that a large portion of the IDF are fighting for their religious beliefs which in my opinion is a major part of Zionist extremism within the Israeli armed forces.

www.guardian.co.uk...

In large study halls, ranks of young Jewish men are bent over religious books or debating in pairs the meaning of their texts. Many wear the large knitted kippa associated with the settler movement; a few have guns by their side.

Does this remind you of anything?

Many of these men are letting their theological beliefs influence their actions to the point where they will listen to their rabbi before their commanding officer. These are the people fighting Israel's wars in places like Gaza and Lebanon.

For these young religious Zionists, serving in the army to defend the state of Israel and the Jewish presence in the occupied West Bank is a crucial element of a theology that has the redemption of the biblical land of the Jews at its centre.

But some critics fear the influence and advancement of these highly motivated soldiers could turn the traditionally secular IDF into an ideological instrument and create conflicts over whether the men's duty is to obey their rabbi or their commanding officer.

Many of these soldiers believe "God gave them this land" so they cannot bring themselves to return the stolen land to the rightful owners who are the Palestinians, even if they have been given orders to do so.

But there are bigger questions about whether such soldiers will agree to participate in military operations to evacuate Jews from West Bank settlements, a small number of which have this year been declared illegal by Israel's supreme court. If there is ever a peace deal with the Palestinians requiring a large-scale evacuation of tens of thousands of settlers, the issue could become critical.

This is not just a minor percentage either, this attitude seems to be prevalent among the IDF.

According to Gershom Gorenberg, the author of The Unmaking of Israel, this is not a problem of individual conscientious objectors. "There are already whole units that the IDF fears using. As men who believe in the inviolable sanctity of the Whole Land of Israel climb the ladder of command, possibilities loom that are worse than refusal: outright mutiny, even decisions by senior officers to deploy their units to prevent withdrawal," he writes.

So not only are the psychopaths running Israel extreme Zionists, but many of their foot soldiers are too. This probably comes from generations of propaganda derived from religious extremism and a self sense of superiority due to the atmosphere they were raised in. This can be compared to the Wahabis of other MIddle Eastern nations...they are a product of their environment.

It seems this attitude is also present among the upper ranks of the IDF so we can't just blame a few religious extremists, a lot of this mentality comes from the very top of the food chain. These "soldiers" (if you want to call them that) are letting a book that was written in ancient times govern their thoughts to the point where it interferes with them performing their duties in which they are required to do.

Pro-settler religious Zionists are reaching the higher ranks of the military, according to Gorenberg. He cites the army magazine Bamahane, which reported in 2010 that one in eight of company commanders in ground forces came from West Bank settlements; the same year, a majority of top commanders in the elite Golani brigade were religious Zionists. "In the frontline forces and officer class, the role of men whose identity has been shaped in the crucibles of theological nationalism keeps growing," writes Gorenberg.

Daniel Brooks, 23, a student at Har Etzion, a hesder yeshiva just over the pre-1967 border in the southern West Bank, served as a paratrooper for 16 months as part of the programme. "There is an intrinsic value in learning Torah, and going to the army is a way of putting that learning – the value of protecting your people and land – into practice," he said. He served in a unit reserved for religious soldiers.

They consider themselves to be above other races and religions. This is what is really going on in Israel, it's a shame too many people are too blind to see it.

Melamed instructed that it was "forbidden for a Jew to throw another Jew out of his house in the land of Israel", said Yonaton Behar, Har Brakha's spokesman. "It is forbidden to give any part of the land of Israel to any non-Jew, especially our enemies. It is forbidden for any Jewish soldier to obey an order that contradicts the Torah."

So we have an army, who believes they have the right to act in certain ways, because their God told them to while they look upon the original inhabitants of the land as "enemies". This is apartheid at it's worse and it must be stopped.

I know Islamic extremism gets it's fair share of criticism on ATS, so it's only fair that the Zionists receive their own exposure as the army of religious extremists that they really are. There is no place in Israeli politics or military for moderates since it is a nation based on religious extremism.

These psychopaths in Israel must be stopped.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If true then this is funny and confusing since the religion of Zionaziism is atheistic Satanism.

And by the way, CE, the people of Israel have been set up by the Rothschild filth who do not even live there. The Jews are dupes and will be sacrificed by TPTB.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

This is no joke and is completely true.

Please note that my post is not directed towards all Israelis or Judaism as a whole, it's directed to the extrem Zionist factions.

Jews Against Zionism would agree with me and would also understand the points I'm trying to make.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

See my post above as amended. I understand the difference between Zionism and the Jews despite the Zionist's attempts to obfuscate this difference.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think it is the duty of every one here to make sure that this information is spread widely across ones country and further into the world.

For too long have the Zionists painted an illusion of themselves as martyrs and victims...

They are nothing more than religious extremists that needs to be ridded of all power and influence.

Especially the American congress would do good from reading this info.

Peace will not come to this world until every Zionist in the world has been silenced.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Islam and Israel have this to fear: Make no mistake "we" will NEVER fight for, nor will we defend Zionism in any way - but more to its annihilation along with Islam.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Its funny because the Torah states that "The Jews shall not have a country of their own", so this idea that God gave this land to them is pure Zionazi propaganda....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
How easily brainwashed the youth is in Israel today especially when the cannon fodder willing comes from other countries to serve. You would think that in all of these so called studies of their laws they seemed to have skipped a couple.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not steal.

Oh yeah that's right if your not Jewish your subhuman so you don't count.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

If true then this is funny and confusing since the religion of Zionaziism is atheistic Satanism.

And by the way, CE, the people of Israel have been set up by the Rothschild filth who do not even live there. The Jews are dupes and will be sacrificed by TPTB.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

You are right Zionist hijacked the Jewish faith as a cover for their criminal empire.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
Islam and Israel have this to fear: Make no mistake "we" will NEVER fight for, nor will we defend Zionism in any way - but more to its annihilation along with Islam.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

That is just the 3rd corner of the triangle of evil....... Christians have cause equally as much pain in this world, lately they have just become better at hiding the true reason for their actions.

There is only one way forth and that is without false idolatry and worshipping fables. No religion = world peace.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Israel needs to round up all these Zionist and send them to Auschwitz.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Thou shalt not kill.

I've read somewhere awhile back that historians say the original version of that particular Commandment was, "Thou shalt not murder."

I can't remember where though, but it does make sense to me.

There is a difference between the two.

There are radicals that span across every segment of all societies, and when those radicals begin to swell in numbers, it always ends badly for the majority.

If this path in the IDF continues, it will end badly for Israel.

I only know what history has shown me...time and time again.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I am well aware that you know the difference as I enjoy your posts and agree with you on most topics. My statement was in general to all participants in this thread so they know I wasn't generalizing all Jews as Zionists. Thank you for taking the time to clarify though

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

"So we have an army, who believes they have the right to act in certain ways, because their God told them to while they look upon the original inhabitants of the land as "enemies". This is apartheid at it's worse and it must be stopped.”

The “original inhabitants” you say?

Gee, than I wonder who these people are:

Here is the English version, ( poor quality, but there are plenty more like it.)

www.youtube.com...

And here are some facts concerning the Arab migration into Israel since the 1920's.

www.meforum.org...

Have you ever read the 'Faisal–Weizmann Agreement' ?

Nowhere- I repeat – NOWHERE in this agreement between Weizmann (a Zionist) and Faisal (An Arab), does the word “Palestinians” or “Palestinian People” is being mentioned. There are Arabs and Jews, and Palstine (Palestina – פלשתינה ) is treated as the region.

unispal.un.org...

But I'll stop right here.
You're notorious for being confused by facts. Real facts.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Its funny because the Torah states that "The Jews shall not have a country of their own", so this idea that God gave this land to them is pure Zionazi propaganda....

It is very ironic that their own belief system which they hold so dearly is full of contradictions. Thy only acknowledge the content that suits their agenda meanwhile if we point out these contradictions we are labelled Anti Semite.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

The “original inhabitants” you say? Gee, than I wonder who these people are:

The answer to that is easy. They were called the Sumerians then came along The Egyptians after that The Phoenicians then came along The Philistines. Descendants of The Philistines became the Jews so Jews really have no claim to this land.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
Israel needs to round up all these Zionist and send them to Auschwitz.

So...there are at least four people plus at least one mod' who think that sending Jews back to Auschwitz is perfectly reasonable, and writing it here is perfectly within ATS laws.

And I get a post deleted for calling someone “childish”. Go figure....

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Does this remind you of anything?

Yup....

More Religious fanaticism

I hope you'll notice which regime is sitting in the front

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab773827f815.jpg[/atsimg]

etc etc etc .....
edit on 12-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Israel is a country surrounded by other countries that have the Muslim Brotherhood growing in strength.

I'd call Israels response normal to the growing threat.

Just another "bash Israel" thread.
*yawn*

<<   2  3  4 >>

join