It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wanted to be in control of my happiness. My wish may have been granted so i will share it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by g2v12

I think you look around and people are what they are, normal behavior is heavily influenced by fashion and mass media trends, being human is like that but you have to remember that this planet is a planet of tests and learning. What is normal here is that people do it the wrong way, people live it the wrong way because this planet is supposed to challenge us. We start in darkness, being dumb and blind, and we get wiser as time goes by but the answers are not given we have to conquer them.

As for enjoying something you can live without, its not a contradiction.

Love it while it lasts, leave it when its gone but don't ever stop loving life unconditionally.

Society teaches us to be dependent, to be addicted, to be a fool, but we can wise up..

That seems reasonable.

I can't relate to wanting much in the way of material things. Everything I have is basic.
There is no clutter in my home.

Anything material that cannot be defined as a tool of some sort, is relatively valueless.

Your point about knowledge and wisdom coming with time doesn't always happen. But I agree that wisdom does come to those who are willing to work for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Put simply,

do what makes you feel good inside.

Did that really warrant a new thread?

You can always use instagram to make these types of hipster threads rather than flooding ATS with nonsense

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BottledWater

Why dont you grow up? This thread is much more than that

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

You get it. Unfortunately the sharing of your understanding will fall on many deaf ears.

We can only teach by example.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

If people understood what i wrote and tried to practice it in their daily lives, the world would be much better, most of the fear would be gone...
edit on 14-7-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Practicing something is the only way to understand it. That's why it is so difficult to get people on track with anything that might benefit them.

Reshaping cultural traditions or just getting rid of bad ones is important but also quite a piece of work.

One has to immerse himself in something to get the experience. That runs against the grain of human nature, but becoming more knowledgeable and flexible is really the first rule of change. One has to be open minded and somewhat dissatisfied with his reality. I think this is evident from some of the feedback on this thread.

I think that many or most people tend to wallow in a reality that really doesn't suite them simply because they don't know who they are and therefore feel obliged to follow the popular culture.

I think this is a great thread that potentially leads to new ways of seeing life.
edit on 15-7-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join