It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Files: aliens 'might come here for holidays'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The UFO Files: aliens 'might come here for holidays'

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Documents from the Ministry of Defence classified archives show staff believed aliens could visit for “military reconnaissance”, “scientific” research or “tourism”.

“If the sightings are of devices not of the earth then their purpose needs to be established as a matter of priority. There has been no apparent hostile intent and other possibilities are: 1) Military reconnaissance; 2) Scientific; 3) Tourism.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.telegraph .co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
edit on 12-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Title modification

edit on Thu Jul 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attmept to fix link

edit on 7/13/2012 by semperfortis because: To EXACT Headline

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hilar.

I can just imagine aliens from Alpha Centuri landing down near Loch Ness to stay at the local hotels and find out if the "Monster" they have heard about is real.
OR
Going off to Blackpool for sand, sea, sex and donkeys later to be part of an episode of Booze Britain, puking up on the street.

On a more serious note this does seem like quite an interesting batch, including on a sighting in Wales (BBC link), a full briefing from the MOD to Tony Blair following letters from a UFO expert in the UK.

All very interesting.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/9392888/The-UFO-Files-aliens-might-come-here-for-holidays.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Alien activity in the media seems to be heating up some what as of late.

I wonder why ?

Or has it always been this way and just I take notice more

Any way these little grey dudes seem to be getting everywhere lately

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Beings from another planet coming to earth (for whatever reason) may be happening. However...I think the life forms visiting earth look human and blend in well among us.

Next time you go out in public; where there is a lot of people; take some time and people watch; watch very closely and see if you can pick out who is from earth and who isn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Whats the tell tale signs then ? The Anal probe in there hand ?

I love people watching (not in a stalker way) but more out of interest and have never thought that somebody may be a alien.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I nearly pis.ed myself today when I read that - tourism !

Why aren't we charging them then for the privelage of coming to our planet. We could solve our economic problems overnight. Ask for a fee of $1,000,000,000 per day + tax - that would be the off-peak rate including buffet dinner and continental breakfast.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Happy Holidays...SETI made the discovery..our Government took their funding away..US Navy took over SETI equipment..Now SETI is back in action but not much current information about discovery.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Apollo7 because: other link did not work correctly

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

You can't discriminate like that! They must be pretty poor aliens if they choose the UK as their destination, in both imagination and monetary terms!

I would just ask for a transporter, replicator and invite them to stay for as long as they want.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Take notice- Other humans BOWING their heads as they pass by each other.

Make eye contact with everyone- Other humans eyes may change to black and then back to normal or one eye will change and the other will remain the same.

These beings are already here..lets just say they merge with the human..jump in and out of..they are using our bodies to travel in..and complete whatever agenda they are here for...Some Good have improved technology..by giving the human they have merged with..ideas..some are only here to experiment and en-slave us.

When a UFO is reported in a certain area..they have came back to pick up their beings..the ships never have to land..Pay attention to the really bright looking stars that move around..I am not talking about a regular star..you may be able to see them..come down..it looks like a Grey-white mist with form..you may see this and then the being disappears..

I am responding to you..because you have already noticed this.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Apollo7 because: added information

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well if they want a Holiday

Im going to set up a Alien only Spa weekend

which for one prices includes

:unlimited probing

:unlimited abductions

:Operations

:Unlimited plasma during happy hour

Im looking for staff Now ! send my your CV with a covering letter.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
More on Tony Blair's MOD breifing and correspondents with the public.

The advice was requested by Number 10 in 1998 as the government introduced the Freedom of Information Act, allowing members of the public to seek details about "alien lifeforms".

After receiving a letter from a member of the public referring to a “cover-up” and urging him to consider making “all of the many and varied UFO reports and associated data” available, Mr Blair asked the Ministry of Defence for their policy. In a lengthy reply, staff told him the ministry “has only a limited interest in UFO matters” but that they “remain open minded” about the existence of “extraterrestrial lifeforms”.

They added any release of information would require “substantial resources” they would be “reluctant to sanction”. Mr Blair eventually wrote back to his correspondent, author and "UFO expert" Nicholas Redfern, telling him information could be requested under the Freedom of Information Act, but was subject to clauses including personal privacy and confidentiality.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Interesting that Blair took the time to respond here. It may have just been a case of early government optimism, under a year into this premiership he was keen to answer letters from the public.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I dont find it too far fetched that aliens would settle for using Earth as a rest stop and to amuse themselves with our petty ways.

But just like with have corruptions and under the table deals amongst nations and organizations (like the CIAs illegal drug trafficking), it would also be safe to assume that such corruption and deals would occur amongst races.
It would make some sense... random tech jumps here and there.... boring sightings where the craft only seemed to be hovering and then take off.

Heck maybe crop circles are alien early 20s way of making graffiti and they have a hoot simply because we as humans put waaaaaaay to much significance to our existence and to what we do in daily life.

Once we come to the conclusion that we are worth NOTHING in the grand scheme, then I think we are ready to evolve further on, and maybe then we can step up from being a holiday location to be someone whom someone else might want to engage with in a peaceful way.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Reminds me of Men in Black movies.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
HAAHAHA LLOL Aliens on booze Britain, HAAHHAH made me proper laugh. I think booze Britain is one of the reason they don't make themselves known

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Seems like the Welsh love a bit of UFO sighting. From the same batch released into the National Archives.

Some nine years earlier, the files recount a sighting by a driver in Flintshire, in August, 1996. A police record passed to defence officials stated: "The object was very large and bright. It had flames coming out of the rear and there was no noise coming from it at all. It was 20ft from the ground and moving very fast."

The report said the sighting was made towards Mold, and the records notes that the driver was "extremely shaken-up by the incident". Significantly, two other sightings were made on the same day - one on Anglesey, and another not far ways from the first at Chirk. "I've always been sceptical about these things, until tonight. I've never seen anything anything like it in my life before," said one witness.

And a sighting from Welsh school children.

Finally, the full records regarding the so-called 'Dyfed Triangle' have been released, after some of the papers were made public in 2010. Broadhaven schoolchildren recount UFO sightings in 1970s to BBC Wales It has widely been viewed as Wales' own 'Roswell incident' - sightings of both UFOs and aliens in an area stretching across parts of Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion in the 1970s. One incident recalls a sighting by Rosa Granville who ran a hotel in Little Haven. She was woken late at night and saw what she described as a flying saucer ship, and then a silver alien shape. Similar stories were told by schoolchildren at Broadhaven.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC video in the link, of the children recounting their experience is brilliant, partly for the varied array of Welsh accents. I especially like the boy when questioned on whether it could have been a helicopter responds that it couldn't of been as that is private property and they would have been prosecuted, switched on!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I am waiting for someone to post a pic of a grey or two standing on a tropical beach with a pina colada in hand.

Photoshopped of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

www.youtube.com...

Happy Holidays...SETI made the discovery..our Government took their funding away..US Navy took over SETI equipment..Now SETI is back in action but not much current information about discovery.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Apollo7 because: other link did not work correctly

They spelled the words 'alien' and 'occurs' wrong in the video.

I'd be a tad more impressed if they had done a little proofreading before they released it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I find it's possible to have Alien Tourists coming here on a regular. It would explain a whole lot about some people that we see here and there that litelraly looks/acts like thet're from another galaxy.

Great thread, Gets me thinkin'

S+F

Teye22

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There is a better thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
^ Is it ok if I just ignore that comment? Right, good.

Back to the subject at hand. It seems that the MOD, at least form these files and previous ones released to the archives, did not take the UFO's overly seriously, but still attempted to approach the subject as a serious matter(due to the affect on national defence), which is a decent sign of their professionalism.

Pope, who worked for the MOD on these matters, has piped up.

Mass summer events like the upcoming Olympic Games in London would be a prime time for crafts from other worlds to present themselves to mankind, according to Mr Pope. He said: 'It has been a widely held belief in Ministry of Defence circles that "aliens" have been able to detect us for decades via TV and radio broadcasts.

'What once seemed like science fiction is steadily being realised by central governing bodies as distinctly real. 'If aliens have studied our psychology, they may choose to appear in our skies on a significant date – the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games is one date being widely circulated by conspiracy groups.’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... life-forms.html#ixzz20PhOdoHq

www.dailymail.co.uk... life-forms.html
edit on 12-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join