It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Meltzer's Decoded: UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So I was just watching Decoded and thought I would share this with everyone. Brad's henchmen are off investigating UFO's.

The first half of the show is on Roswell. They even interview one of the very first employee's of area 51, Richard Mingus. The son of the man who created the Lear jet, John Lear. Plus something crazy comes at them when they are driving to area 51.

Later on they talk to John Callahan who was a branch manager for an FAA tech center in Atlantic City, and the to astronaut Story Musgrave.

This being one of the only shows on History that I will actually watch I thought it might be a good one to let people discuss seeing as there are so many avid UFOers and debunkers!!!! (and please lets keep it civil
)

Without further adue............

edit on 12-7-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: fixing vid

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

I was thinking whether to watch this or not. Decoded is about various mysteries from I think 2012 and the Mayan Calendar to some just historical mysteries not related to aliens or anything from the science fiction, and I didn't know there was a UFO related episode.

OK... why Rosewell? Why didn'\t they pick some less known case. I am watching the UK History, so maybe we are talking about the same.

And also the guys seem like just doing a show, they talk to people but eventually end up with nothing uncovered, just the same - maybe it is true

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I watch it simply for the imformation that witnesses bring forth, I ALWAYS come to my own comclusion based on the information put forth, not just believing the end conclusions.

As for the mayan and 2012 episodes they are few from the many. Lots of his shows deal with history. He's got episodes on the lincon assasination, DB Cooper, Jeffersons secret spies, and Billy the kid. Not even close to "just a mythology man"

OK... why Rosewell? Why didn't they pick some less known case. I am watching the UK History, so maybe we are talking about the same.

As for that i'm not quite sure. I'm pretty sure it's simply to cover a more widely accepted case....It is the history channel after all.
edit on 12-7-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I did watch the video. Brad Meltzer is one of my favorite authors. I think it is a good summary, with credible witnesses, of the Roswell incident and Area 51.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The opening line of this documentary is a classic example of how people who write books on or make documentaries twist facts around to make it promote an alien agenda.

A recent poll states that forty million Americans have seen or know someone who has seen a UFO. But military leaders and politicians continue to deny the existence of aliens

So hes saying that these people who have seen something they cant identify were witnessing aliens. Also if forty million Americans have seen or 'know someone' who have seen UFO's then the actual amount of people who have seen something they cant identify is way lower.

When you hear twisted truths and misrepresented facts like this at the very start of a book / documentary you know right away its not going to be a very serious scientific investigation and they are about to try to convince you that anything ambiguous in the sky MUST be aliens

At one point he tries to infer that the invention of the supersonic aircraft was due to back engineered recovered alien tech. Which is simply just not true because you can trace the progression of the the development of the faster than sound aircraft through every stage. there was no sudden leap of technological ability.

I love the part where they pretend to be chased off by the guards at area 51 but the camera man just stays in one spot as the guards in the white SUV's speed past. Sooo staged

edit on 12-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I enjoy Brad Meltzer's Decoded. If you saw this episode in its entirety then you will see that Buddy reveals he has actually seen a UFO.

I asked Brad if they would be doing a segment on the Denver airport (it's loaded with symbols!) and he said they are still waiting on whether or not the show will be renewed for a third season. Let's hope it gets renewed!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Story Musgrave ( 35 minutes in ) confirmed the one thought I have always had regarding other life in the universe, "in each angle that Hubble takes a picture there are a trillion galaxy's...it takes pictures at 200 different angles. So that is ~ 200 trillion galaxies, even if scientists say that the odds are 1 in a trillion that another habitable planet could form under Earth's circumstances, then that would mean there could still be 200 "Earth's" out there."

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

even if scientists say that the odds are 1 in a trillion that another habitable planet could form under Earth's circumstances, then that would mean there could still be 200 "Earth's" out there."

No thats not how odds work, its a common misconception. It means its a 1 in a trillion chance that each plant might be habitable like earth. So more of a chance of you winning 1000 lottery's in a row.

top topics

join