It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a high temp for my computer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by IceHappy

When I awake fully I will operate on it.

I can stick the computer on the printer box and put the printer on the floor.

Dang over heating zombies.

Can anyone read this?

edit on 12-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Did you just get done gaming? Your first post says your CPU is at 36c and this one says its at 69c. All so your Vcore is at 1.4v seems high for a dual core CPU, are you overclocking?

www.biostar.com.tw...
This is your motherboard. Do you see those 2 copper heatsinks? Those are your chipsets those are making your motherboard tempratures. You can get a small fan and put them on top or direct cool air on to them OR if you think you have the know how you can. Take your motherboard out of the case, unpin those clear white pins and put some new thermale paste on them.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Okay, I sprayed everything down, it's clean as a whistle, inside and out, and no more dust bunnies, and I took it off the floor and it's now on the desk.

Is there any difference from my other image?

Looks like the temp is down, have to wait till I game to see what happens.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah thats much cooler . Good job

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let me a play a game and I'll see if it shuts off by itself. Only with this one particular game does it do that. If it doesn't shut off then I'm in green zone, if it shuts off like before then guess, I'll have to do the thermal paste.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Okay, I sprayed everything down, it's clean as a whistle, inside and out, and no more dust bunnies, and I took it off the floor and it's now on the desk.

Is there any difference from my other image?

Looks like the temp is down, have to wait till I game to see what happens.

Your temps are perfectly fine, you did not need to do any thing. The second post you posted must have been your computer under load. See where it says AMD phenom II Core#0 and Core#1 is your cpu cores. Those are your CPU temperature. The computers temps should be safe for the rest of its life. You should not have to ever check them again. You can put your computer back on the floor, it is fine.

No offense to any one that posted in this thread but ATS is not a good place to ask for computer help. You get a bunch of people that think they know what they are talking about, it just creates a bigger mess. If you wear to post this on a computer forum the first post would have said, its completely normal. Your cpu is actually running cooler then most stock computers. Most AMD x2's are in the 45c idle range.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Let me a play a game and I'll see if it shuts off by itself. Only with this one particular game does it do that. If it doesn't shut off then I'm in green zone, if it shuts off like before then guess, I'll have to do the thermal paste.

Heat is not the only reason a computer will shut it self down. Is your computer shuting it self down? What game? Your temps look fine but JUST IN CASE. Get a program called core temp when you open the program you should see Core#0 and core#1, you should all so see a min and a max slot. Run core temp while you are playing a game, when you are done playing the game look at the max temp for both core 0 and core 1, then tell us the temps. If they are under 75c then its not heat.
It could be a power issue or possibly a driver issue.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

And maybe crack it open and dust with an air can.

That is a good plan I agree with. Speaking of which, I should do the same.

QUESTION: How do I check the temperature readings of my laptop (aside from physical checking)??

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Okay, I'll look into that.

Thanks.

Let me go try it out.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by benrl

And maybe crack it open and dust with an air can.

That is a good plan I agree with. Speaking of which, I should do the same.

QUESTION: How do I check the temperature readings of my laptop (aside from physical checking)??

I downloaded CPUID HWMonitor from majorgeeks.com... Where I got my information from.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Okay I did the Core Temp:

What's this mean please. Thanks

Before game:

Let me get a pic after game...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
By the way what game is it?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not a game you would enjoy. .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Not a game you would enjoy. .

This is not a full picture of the program I need a full pic. Did you do as I asked? Run the program in the background while the game is running so I can see the full max.

What game are you playing, it does matter. Its only happening on this game so its probably not a heat issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah, I ran the program in the background and stayed at 50/50 mark and didn't go above, but the game stalled and had to shut it down. I think it's just certain games I play from the looks of it.

I'm going to go lay down for a few. I'm exhausted.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Your green screen is coming from your video card not your cpu. AMD can handle heat better than Intel. Clean the cooler on your video card dust can build up and block air flow. If your video card is a few years old it wouldn't hurt to replace the thermal paste on it because sometimes it dries out and doesn't conduct heat very well.

What motherboard are you running? Many manufacturers make temp monitoring programs made just for your board. So it wouldn't hurt to check out their site
edit on 12-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

There are a few free programs out there that will give you temp readings if you have a motherboard that can report them but i have found them somewhat unreliable in the past. Its best to have a look for programs supplied by your motherboard or computer manufacturer first.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say...Put the tower back on the floor.

The floor is always going to be the coolest part of the room. Dust factor aside....I usually put towers as low as possible and often will take off the case during summer. No matter what you do, dust will collect on the heatsink fins and will have to be periodically cleaned. Here in Australia, I have significant concern with heat during summer so I usually clean the guts of the PC every spring.

Something to note about ACPI software is that it is very inaccurate. No matter how good the software is supposed to be, it is always flaky at best.....Remember that it could be as much as +-15c out.

Frag you later.

OA

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I agree that putting the tower on the floor is a very good idea but taking the case off im not so sure. Having the case closed helps direct the airflow inside the computer. You get less air flow across the boards with the case off which hinders cooling by convection.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yeah, I ran the program in the background and stayed at 50/50 mark and didn't go above, but the game stalled and had to shut it down. I think it's just certain games I play from the looks of it.

I'm going to go lay down for a few. I'm exhausted.

You are playing The Sims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be exhausted too if I had to try on a bunch of dresses with the other ladies...too bad I am a guy and don't do that...I'd just invade the privacy and get down with the ladies

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I've checked this out many times and used precisely calibrated equipment when measuring the effect of taking the case off, and in every incident, the system ran considerably cooler.

This doesn't mean that everyone will find this solution practical, let alone, feasible. Having an open case on the floor can be downright dangerous and will not be an option to many.

As you stated correctly, the case - when fitted - does allow the flow of air to be controlled more accurately and thus more efficiently.

However, drives generate buckets of heat and can easily overload the confined space of the case on a hot day.

Even with a Lian-Li case designed for high airflow, the drives can raise the case temp considerably. This sparked a number of gamers in the late 90's (myself included) on experimenting with esoteric cooling systems. Everything from R45 refrigerant to water cooling and anything in between, including combinations of the two were tried.

No matter what we did to cool individual components, the over-all case temp was being dictated by the drives and to a lesser extent, the power supply.

This has a big effect on mobo components like the HDD controller which usually don't have their own sinks to shed excess heat.

The solution, was to run the system with the main cover removed so the heat generated by the drives can escape instead of being dragged through the main cooling pathways.

It also helps to separate the drives (leave space in between each) so they can breath a little better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join