It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Monsters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Award-winning photographer Camille Seaman, best known for her earlier work depicting massive polar icebergs, recently turned her lens on another incredible natural phenomenon - storm clouds above the American Midwest. She partnered with experienced storm chasers and began to stalk a particular type of storm cloud - the supercell. On June 22, 2012, in western Nebraska, she encountered an enormous supercell and captured its many faces, like she did in 2008 in an earlier expedition.

Here are two examples of this supercell, check out the 20 other amazing photos here: In Focus Journal

edit on 12-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Very nice..Nature is so beatiful in all his ways..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

That second one is kinda of creepy cool.

Totally awesome looking.

Too be that close to these storms she has got to be insane.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated by thunderstorms, extreme weather, etc. But WOAH, some of those pictures are just downright scary! I definitely wouldn't want to find myself in the middle of some of them! But at the same time, those pictures are remarkable and pretty damn beautiful.

Nature never ceases to amaze me. Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You couldn't get a better photoshopper than mother nature. Those are breathtaking. I'd so love to see something like that and have a camera handy.

The second one looks like god was bent when he decided to create that one... -- lol god..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Crazy this one reminds me of looking through the hubble. Like the cosmic gallery caught fire and illuminates the dust.. beautiful!

edit on 12-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

top topics

join