It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Disinfomation agents are members here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
As I have said in a Topic similar to this one...there are maybe one or perhaps two people on this board who could spot a true Dis-Info Agent. On top of that...as another poster above has said...there is very reason for them to actually be on a Board such as this as many people do their work for them.

Wait what? Are you saying I can actually be paid for my skepticism? SWEET!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
There are at least 10 that I can think of right away.

There's probably about 2 - 4 in each major forum topic. They all have a few wannabe's who will agree with anything they say.

Why they do it or if they do it for a job. That I don't know .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So not only do you honestly think that there are coordinated disinfo agents on ATS, but you think they would be AGAINST Israel? Get real..... any sort of authentic disinfo agents, in the way we all think of them, would be in FAVOR of Israel, not against it.

What you are most likely referring to is simply the massive number of regular people who hate Israel and are tired of their BS. The leadership of Israel is a horrible racist warmongering lot, just because a lot of people are against them doesn't make them a coordinated disinfo group.

edit on 12-7-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

There's probably about 2 - 4 in each major forum topic. They all have a few wannabe's who will agree with anything they say.

Someone got to call the baby ugly......and I'll start with your avatar....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
As I have said in a Topic similar to this one...there are maybe one or perhaps two people on this board who could spot a true Dis-Info Agent. On top of that...as another poster above has said...there is very reason for them to actually be on a Board such as this as many people do their work for them.

Wait what? Are you saying I can actually be paid for my skepticism? SWEET!!!

Pay SUCKS anyways! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm a disinformation agent, just saying.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

If your experience with this is similar to mine then you would agree that these particular threads end up a little like 'graveyards', with all the banned participants marked with a tild (~)?

X.

Yup... You are right on that. I'm signing off. I have a few small papers to have written for tomorrow and a speech in a few hours. Had to run anyway. These do usually end that way though and this one is getting some momentum. Yup... Time to make my exit, 'night all!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

There is no need to divide and conquer when there are regular people who will always argue in favor, and against (respectively) logic and fact.

Look at the chemtrails idea. There are many people who are die-hard supporters of the idea that chemtrails are real and are being used to (insert random idea here) And there are also many people who find absolutely zero evidence that such things exist, and until such evidence is provided will never believe they are real. The government does not need to interfere here at all.

Really, the ONLY thing the government could have to gain in putting agents here on ATS, would be in a way most of you people who accuse others of being shills would never be clever enough to think of.

For instance. 9/11 conspiracy stuff. Many people think "something" funky went on, but don't really know what exactly. How do you discredit people who question the official story? You DO NOT stupidly send people on ATS to argue AGAINST 9/11 conspiracy theories. That's what most people think disinfo agents would do, is to come on here and argue against something.

That's stupid. That's NOT how the government operates. What they WOULD do, is come to ATS, and AGREE with what is being said, but they would steer the theory into such a ridiculous and wild one that very few would believe it. Want examples? The whole "no planes" theory. How do you make doubters of the official story look like idiots? You associate them with people who claim that there were no planes at all.

Then anyone who questions the official story will be immediately branded a fool and an idiot, because they will be associate with the nut-case idea that there were never planes.

Get it? When you do serious research into how the government actually operates it makes a lot more sense. And by "researching how the government operates" I don't mean reading conspiracy theories about the government. I mean reading factual and historical documents about things the government has done.

Then you realize that, if there are actually disinfo agents, they are NOT the people disagreeing with and bashing an idea, they are the people AGREEING with an idea, but then taking it to a level as to make it too ridiculous for most people to believe.

Another example is the topic of Aliens and UFOs.How do you discredit people that believe in UFOs and make them look like idiots? You don't simply attack them and disagree with them. Regular people already do that. You won't accomplish anything. What you will do is you feed them ideas about reptilians, the galactic federation of light, and so on. Then the whole subject of aliens and UFOs becomes so ridiculous and silly to normal people.

Bottom line. Real, authentic subversion is not attacking an idea, like most of you people assume. Real authentic subversion is BECOMING the very thing you are trying to subvert. Get into the movement, become one of the proponents, one of the supporters. Then take it too far, as to discredit YOURSELF, and in the process you take down everyone around you.

So, if you are looking for disinfo agents and shills, stop looking at the people who are disagreeing with you. Start looking at the people who agree with you, and then exaggerate, twist, and warp your idea/point into something more extreme and ridiculous. THIS is how they would REALLY operate. If you think the government pays people to come on ATS and simply disagree with people you are nuts. IF they were paying people to come on ATS, they would come here as supporters of a given subject, and subvert it. Take it down from the inside. Destroy any sense of legitimacy that specific subject had.

Now look around. Who fits that bill? Who are the people that take things to the extreme, to the point where there is zero logic or evidence involved? They agree with you in general, but they are actually destroying any credibility that the subject you care about had in the first place.

Now you see how easy subversion is. Not only is it easy to accomplish, but it's easy to hide. Because all of you people that think you're so smart identifying disinfo agents by looking at who disagrees with you, when you should be looking at your "friends" and how much damage they have done to the image of the subject you are interested in.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Everybody who doesn't agree with you on every single issue, political or otherwise, is a bought and paid for disinformation agent. I thought that was common knowledge on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

So not only do you honestly think that there are coordinated disinfo agents on ATS, but you think they would be AGAINST Israel? Get real..... any sort of authentic disinfo agents, in the way we all think of them, would be in FAVOR of Israel, not against it.

What you are most likely referring to is simply the massive number of regular people who hate Israel and are tired of their BS. The leadership of Israel is a horrible racist warmongering lot, just because a lot of people are against them doesn't make them a coordinated disinfo group.

Aww heck,,, I hadn't quite left yet. Anyway, you folks are using the term Disinfo agents. I simply said some coordinated stuff, and it was. About 4 or 5 people and they all knew each other. It wasn't a paid thing or some grand conspiracy. Heck, the salaried Government employees who watch this site are also recording all the major newspapers, TV websites and other open sources. I don't think anyone is here deliberately trying to influence opinion as a paid operation. Just casual friends or a bit more..but not like people here are suggesting, no.

I wouldn't be the only one gleefully applying if a job simply titled "Blogger" existed out there and paid a living wage. After a lot of hunting, I can report that it's about as easy to find as a Unicorn. I.E....this crap is an urban legend in the sense it's being said here.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

See what I mean? It's simply not possible for the disinformation agents to exist, except for on 'the other side' of whatever issue you have in mind.

Oh, we share differing opinions on the state of Israel?! YOU SIR ARE A DISINFO AGENT! You don't believe that aliens from Zeta Reticuli encoded human DNA a million years ago and gave Giorgio Tsoukalos his hairdryer? Disinformation agent! You don't believe, like I so clearly do, that laser beams from outer space did 9/11? Well then you're a disinfo agent.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrow22
Just curious how many posters here are Agents Of Disinformation.

We've been rumbled guys, lets all form a line, in an orderly fashion, and wait our respective turns to hit reply and say "Aye!".. lets ease the poor souls concern..

Aye!

No wait, I I I mean, none of us are, what the hell are you on about?

*whew, almost caught us out there, he's a sneaky one this one!*

edit on 12-7-2012 by mainidh because: edit - almost fell for it, sneaky bugger!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The money man, it's the mo..

DAMN IT!! Almost slipped up again.

Boy these guys are good today... whew, we need to be mo.. wait is this U2U ?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
I'm a disinformation agent, just saying.

But that means you're telling lies.. So which is it, are you telling us the truth when you tell us you're a liar, or are you lying, when you tell us the truth?

So did ya?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

See what I mean? It's simply not possible for the disinformation agents to exist, except for on 'the other side' of whatever issue you have in mind.

Oh, we share differing opinions on the state of Israel?! YOU SIR ARE A DISINFO AGENT! You don't believe that aliens from Zeta Reticuli encoded human DNA a million years ago and gave Giorgio Tsoukalos his hairdryer? Disinformation agent! You don't believe, like I so clearly do, that laser beams from outer space did 9/11? Well then you're a disinfo agent.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

I get what you are saying, but I think you misunderstood what I meant.

When people say ATS disinfo agent, they mean a person paid for by the US government, Illuminati "the man" "TPTB" who comes on ATS to attack things that are against it's agenda.

It's fairly obvious that the US, the west, the illuminati, TPTB, whoever are in full support of Israel. People here think that a disinfo agent attacks things that are against their agenda. Meaning, if TPTB are real, and they have people that are here attacking stuff that's against their agenda, then they wouldn't be attacking Israel, because TPTB, the US, the Illuminati, whatever you specific term for the boogyman is supports Israel.

I didn't mean that I'm against Israel, therefore disinfo agents are going to support Israel, although I can see how you thought that's what I meant.

I was basically using ATS memes (the idea that TPTB support Israel, and that TPTB send shills to attack opposing viewpoints) to show that there wouldn't be TPTB sponsored shills attacking israel, as it would go against their standard operating procedure, as people see it at least.

I already went into great detail in my previous post saying that a real shill would NOT attack opposing viewpoints, a real shill would agree with opposing viewpoints, and then quietly subvert them to destroy all credibility.

Hopefully I cleared that up. Like I said, I can totally understand how it looks like I was basically saying "I'm against Israel, so real shills would only be pro-israel" when I was simply trying to show that, using the logic that people here abide by, TPTB would not be attacking Israel using shills, as it goes against how the people here assume they operate. Which is why I said "disinfo agents, as we all here think of them" I was just pointing out that, if disinfo agents operate the way people think they do, and are being controlled by who people think they are, then they wouldn't be attacking Israel. Not that I hate Israel, therefore shills would only be pro-israel.

I might have overcomplicated that but if you need any clarification let me know.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I already went into great detail in my previous post saying that a real shill would NOT attack opposing viewpoints, a real shill would agree with opposing viewpoints, and then quietly subvert them to destroy all credibility.

Sounds like Alex Jones!

No, really... It does.. scream the same song, get everyone on board, then lead them astray with inconsequential diatribe.

Whose da man, you da man, yes you are.. oh yes you are!!!!!! good ubu, sit!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I can see we will simply have to agree to disagree, but I'm going to say this more for the people who will get trapped in your nonsense, so they have an alternative view to ponder.

You are stating the way things seem to be, and using that to try and say that there is no need for disinfo agents. It's illogical. You have NO CLUE if there are already disinfo agents which have set up the scene for such a seemingly even split on so many topics.

You want my proof that disinfo happens to a variety of sensitive topics? I don't care if you can't see the logic in it, either. This is for the people who can:

The proof is in the same near-equal division you see in the elections of recent. Are you going to try and honestly tell me that the media, and other institutions aren't manipulating the perceptions and opinions of individuals to polarize the whole process?

Seriously??

So how would it not be intuitive and logical to apply these same manipulations to other sensitive areas?

One could use the same faulty reasoning that the elections are already polarized, why mess with them? You see what I'm getting at? It's illogical.

Lastly, you can take your assumptions about the way a disinfo agent would work here and shove it. I don't care if you are trying to implant the notion that it's the only way they would operate. It would be nuts to assume they use only one tactic.

edit on 12-7-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
And thread 404 in 3,2,1................

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

How many Disinfomation agents are members here?,

Seven. There would be eight but Doreen is out on maternity.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If by wannabes you mean sock accounts and subordinates, yeah. Boosts post counts on any given thread (a cheap and quick way to the Home page), allows for playing one end off the other in order to shape the debate to your liking, and ups star count.

How much you wanna bet folks are more likely to agree with a heavily starred opinion? And give their own star, of course.

I'm sure most get paid, and by a variety of different employers. Narrowing the scope down to alphabet soup amounts to putting the blinkers on. Corporate and political interests probably have a heavier presence than the spooks.

Public opinion is the new battlefield, and it is a bloody flustercuck, people. Writers paid to influence your opinion are EVERYWHERE, and we have been conditioned for some time now to acquire our opinions rather than go to the trouble of forming them.

We don't have to stick our heads in the sand and pretend there's no motive for paying someone to promulgate a view online. Just exercise good info hygiene: check your facts, check your sources, and form your own goddamn opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join