It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivia: Guy Fawkes Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Guy or Guido Fawkes was one of the members of a group of Roman Catholics who attempted to blow up the English Houses of Parliament and King James I on 5 November 1605. Guy Fawkes was discovered with the gunpowder, though he was not the leader of the plot, the day of 5 November 1605 is named after him - Guy Fawkes Night. To this day, bonfires and fireworks are set off in Britain on the evening of 5 November in celebration of the prevention of the Gunpowder Plot. Stuffed 'guys', meant to represent Guy Fawkes, are placed on the bonfires and burnt.

So just a tiny bit of history for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Remember, remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot. I see of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

History would have been much different should he have succeeded.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Indeed, though, 'twas motivated by 'Religious Reasons',

I've never comprehended why he is this 'Anarchist Folk Hero'

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

The King James version of the Bible would have never been written.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Indeed, though, 'twas motivated by 'Religious Reasons',

I've never comprehended why he is this 'Anarchist Folk Hero'

Because the king made laws saying the Catholics couldn't do many things.

It was the same as Hitlers victimization of the jews without the slaughter in a sense

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Indeed, but he was not doing it for Anarchist reasons, Merely to take down the Protestant monarch with Catholic motivation of installing a Catholic Monarch,

that is not Anarchism,

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Guy or Guido Fawkes was one of the members of a group of Roman Catholics who attempted to blow up the English Houses of Parliament and King James I on 5 November 1605. Guy Fawkes was discovered with the gunpowder, though he was not the leader of the plot, the day of 5 November 1605 is named after him - Guy Fawkes Night. To this day, bonfires and fireworks are set off in Britain on the evening of 5 November in celebration of the prevention of the Gunpowder Plot. Stuffed 'guys', meant to represent Guy Fawkes, are placed on the bonfires and burnt.

So just a tiny bit of history for you.

My favourite day of the year.It is my Birthday,but so much more.Ironicly the plot was made in a famous square named after my family.Guy Fawkes and one of my Ansestor's are named together in a document called the Newton Key.There is so much more to this story.Has more to do with a bloodline and not as much to do with the Catholic Church as told.
Remember, remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot. I see of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. This has been my Mantra and for good reason.

I detest how the group anonomous have stolen the face of V.I also detest V,while it is enjoyable on the low brow for entertainment and it is thought provoking for people.The positive is reversed as is the character as a anti-hero anti-thesis.
Anyhow,
Remember, remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot. I see of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Indeed, but he was not doing it for Anarchist reasons, Merely to take down the Protestant monarch with Catholic motivation of installing a Catholic Monarch,

that is not Anarchism,

what about the tyranny he put upon the Catholics? ever think that could have been a reason?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun
Remember, remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot. I see of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

The exact wording makes a better rhyme;

Remember, remember
The fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

(The small extra words in the version you're quoting break the rhythm of the lines)
edit on 12-7-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join