It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli war threat over Syrian chemical weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Saddam did not use chemical weapons against Israel.Iraq was not threatened with extinction.Syria is .
Such situations lead to powerful regional wars or world wars .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

WIkipedia does not have much updated info, but they are not as distinct as you seem to imply...

The question within the Ba'ath Party was whether or not it would pursue its ideological goal of establishing a union with Syria or Egypt, or both. al-Sadi supported a union with Syria, which was under the rule of the Ba'ath Party, while the more conservative military wing supported Qasim's "Iraq first policy"

From Wikipedia

So the movement is the same, even if regional cells may be distinct the core positions are share and there is mutual support.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
Israel is preparing to go to war in order to stop Syrian chemical weapons falling into the hands of terrorist groups, it has been reported.

The stockpile is said to be the largest in the region, and obviously Israel feels that it would surely be a target if any got into the wrong hands. The stock pile includes VX and Sarin.

news.sky.com...

Is this the continuing ramp up to war, or the genuine fear of a country who's neighbor is a chemically armed state in the midst of a civil war? Will Turkey also be forced to address this new issue?

I can tell you this...if Syria does use Chemical Weapons...it will not have the backing of ANY NATION. A Chemical or Neurotoxin Attack would draw a swift and immediate Military Response from every one from the U.S., Russia, NATO, TURKEY and many others.

If the Syrian Leadership should use these Weapons...which provide an EXTREMELY PAINFUL AND AGONIZING DEATH to those exposed...EVEN Russia and China could not abide such actions. There has been a change in U.S. Military Response Policy and Planning after what happened in Iraq to the KURD's.

The U.S. Military has been authorized to use any and all means to DESTROY or in this case...INVADE and CONFISCATE any Weapons of this nature as well as a VERY SPECIALIZED U.S. Response Force that deals with Biological Weapons. The U.S. Biological Response Force has the Authority of not only the President of the United States and Congress but also the World Health Organization as many of this U.S. Force are also Members of the U.S. CDC...Center for Disease Control...which is recognized around the World as well as within the U.N. Body of Nations...as the Most Organized...Well Trained in viable Responses to prevention of a Modified and Weaponized Virus or Bacteria...spreading and possibly Killing Millions or Billions.

Containment would first be achieved by this Response Teams Military Arm. Assessment of a possible treatment. Determining if this is an incident that can spread rapidly such as it being Airborne...or if it is a Biological Agent that can be contained...if not...this Response Team has Authority to do what is EXTREMELY DISTASTEFUL but necessary on a level that cannot be ignored.

What that means is...if it is containable...they will after Militarily Defeating any other concerns...Quarantine the area and if possible help with possible Vaccines that the CDC has been developing for Multiple Decades for just about every possible Mutation or Genetic Manipulation of a Virus or Bacteria.

If not containable for any length of time...the area as well as the population of the infected area...will be Vaporized and although Horrible in it's Nature...ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for Planetary Human Survival.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
If Iraqi had Chemical weapons that walked out the door, and so did Libya, then where are they?
P

If you mean what I'd said about losing hundreds of tons of ordinance in those two nations, Iraq and Libya, I wasn't talking about Chem weapons in either, sorry if talking about both things aside each other was confusing. Our guys saw all that ordinance in IED's for 7 years. Saddam sure wasn't handing out mortar shells and artillery rounds at the corner store for people to take home and store before the invasion. Bush went in on the cheap, told people who knew better that they didn't know anything and we got our butts kicked first and foremost for a lack of manpower.

@ Thread

In terms of Israel having the upper hand, I wouldn't say so..not one bit. When the balloon goes up, it'll be for all the marbles this time and no one is staying out. They learned and learned hard the last time, even 3 nations against Israel isn't enough and they wouldn't be going right along with how this whole thing is heading to war if those lessons weren't being followed. Israel isn't issuing loud statements and a whole bunch of bravado anymore...things seem to be settling down because I believe this thing is about to happen.

Fully expect to see Lebanon go 100% and totally with Syria on both Coastal defense outward and Israel to the south. I'd definitely expect the West Bank to go ape over the Settlements. They are all over the whole place if one looks at a map. Everywhere. It's not a few, it's dozens and dozens. That splits Israel's attention toward Jordan and East...although I don't see Jordan doing anything good or bad. They'll sit, I think. Then Egypt...

Well.. Anyone think Egypt is going to just sit back and honor past treaties? Well... We'll see what happens... I don't think we have long to wait now.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Syria will not use chemical weapons directly, they will "accidentally" fall into the hands of those that will. In what planet do you live in, its like stating that the US/UK/Israel is not involved in the rebellion and had no active participation in Libya or Egypt. They were and are by proxy.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Syrian baath and iraqi baath were enemies. During the gulf war,Syria was part of the american coalition against Iraq.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I more than most folks here have no illusions of what is going on in the Middle East. I know with certainty that there are MANY NATIONS Operatives are working in the region...and with GOOD REASON.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Most of the Libyan chemical weapons were destroyed before the libyan war started as part of removal of western sanctions.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Most of the Libyan chemical weapons were destroyed before the libyan war started as part of removal of western sanctions.

Yup.. They sure were. Actually... Almost all of the Libyan Chemical weapons were voluntarily handed over to the United States by Gadaffi in 2003. I'll bet we never...ever...see a world leader willingly surrender those again. The reports were that Libya was much more advanced and sophisticated with their Bio/Chem Weapons production than anyone imagined. (isn't that comforting) It's part of why what happened in hunting him down and murdering him was so confusing. Hell, he'd done everything the world asked of him and more than any leader has ever done before.

On December 19, 2003, long-time Libyan President Moammar Gaddafi stunned much of the world by renouncing Tripoli’s weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programs and welcoming international inspectors to verify that Tripoli would follow through on its commitment. Following Gaddafi’s announcement, inspectors from the United States, United Kingdom, and international organizations worked to dismantle Libya’s chemical and nuclear weapons programs, as well as its longest-range ballistic missiles. Washington also took steps toward normalizing its bilateral relations with Tripoli, which had essentially been cut off in 1981.
Source

However, I corrected up there, I mean regular arms going missing in Libya and Iraq. warehouses...whole bases of it. Reports all over the media after Libya fell were as many as 20,000 High End portable SAMs went *poof* on everybody. Oh that will be a jolly little surprise when some of those start turning up. I'd also guess trouble makers won't be short of explosives on the world market for a few decades between the two wars. Every goober with a cause over there must be able to get some now.

In fairness to our troops, the documentaries I saw showing those depots were just unbelievably huge. Undermanned was an understatement. Not the troops fault..ask Bush were the manpower was, IMO.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The issue is what Chemical Weapons Iran has sent to Syria. This is well known. But what is unknown to a point is what will happen to these Chemical Weapons should the Syrian Government Collapse and just before doing so...who they might give them to? THAT...is what everyone is REALLY worried about.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This part of your source article sounds eerily similar to the things we heard when my unit was in Desert Shield/ Storm..

When I was there the whole nuke program was inflated by Sadam's own people to please him and that disinfo was good enough to also fool all the leading intelligence agencies around the world, BUT their chem program was alive and well and it was rather common knowledge that much of it was shipped to Syria for safe keeping. Sadam's egomaniac mind just would not think that he would ever be actually removed and could be back to business as normal once we played out our hand...

I'm sure Syria has a lot still though it does have a shelf life.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Most syrian chemical weapons were built by Western and Russian help.Iran is lacking in chemical weapons tech.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
Syria will not use chemical weapons directly, they will "accidentally" fall into the hands of those that will. In what planet do you live in, its like stating that the US/UK/Israel is not involved in the rebellion and had no active participation in Libya or Egypt. They were and are by proxy.

Can we say Hamas...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hamas is part of Muslim Brotherhood.Doubtful.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Madhouse

You may want to read Zachariah 14 before you make such a statement .Israel suffers 2/3rds of their nation destroyed .The Arabs (Syria) has advanced missiles that can target Israels runways and eliminate Israels airforce . Syria has a large stock of Chemical weapons . Russia will be with the Arabs . Then for your thoughts that God will support Israel . If Israel didn't need to be saved why in Ezekiel 38 & 39 does Jesus come to save Israel . But you will find that the Antichrist will stop Israel from being totally destroyed in the Gog and Magog war only to permit Israel to build their Temple and sit in the seat of God as if he were God . When the Jews reject him his fury will be towards the destruction of Israel . Then Jesus will save the battered Israel from destruction . This is the plan of God .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Most syrian chemical weapons were built by Western and Russian help.Iran is lacking in chemical weapons tech.

Chemical Weapons Tech is very LOW TECH. This is some of the easiest things to build weapons wise. It doesn't take much to develop the Chemical Compounds. What does take some doing is developing a delivery system but on a small scale...even this is easy. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

That was a real curve ball, Muammar Gaddafi was extremely well directed into an early grave.

Imagine what we would have finally been able to learn had he been given a fair trail (never a possibility), at best we would have a kangaroo court like the Saddam in Iraq or Mubarak in Egypt.

I hope Bashar al-Assad has taken measures to preserve a good biography telling his side of all the events, before he is swept away, even about his allies, the treasure trove that would be possible to gather from the interaction with the Russians and Iran would alone be fantastic...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Were they ? I remember news of the oil being funneled trough Syria to avoid the embargo and new that the chemical weapons had also been moved there, as reports of Syria protests about coalition forces infringing on their territory.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yup. I find it strange that all is silent on the Lebanon front, even taking in consideration the "warning" from Israel (this would be a great strategic move from Bashar al-Assad to escalate a move attention out of him and Syria, and historically an expected step, like Saddam attempted to make it a problem about Palestine, I was expecting some moves on that front too).

The Syrians lost a great opportunity in not being more proactive the Turks' escalation with Israel. I still do not believe that the Syrians had any intention of downing the Turkish planes (they had no interest in the repercussions). In response to the Turks support to the rebels, increased boarder controls and indirect but reciprocal support to the Kurdish would be more effective

Iran also has been too quiet, I would have expected that Iraq would start to go into convulsions (especially the Kurdish section is prone to explode at the slightest bump). I would like to have access to the reports of how Iran is helping Syria, we only hear rumors from time to time, but it would be in their interest to get involved, even infiltrating themselves the rebel forces, to manage the conflict evolution and outcome.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Israel is "prepared to go to war" over someone looking at them cock-eyed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join