It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli war threat over Syrian chemical weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Israel is preparing to go to war in order to stop Syrian chemical weapons falling into the hands of terrorist groups, it has been reported.

The stockpile is said to be the largest in the region, and obviously Israel feels that it would surely be a target if any got into the wrong hands. The stock pile includes VX and Sarin.

news.sky.com...

Is this the continuing ramp up to war, or the genuine fear of a country who's neighbor is a chemically armed state in the midst of a civil war? Will Turkey also be forced to address this new issue?

edit on 12-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This part of your source article sounds eerily similar to the things we heard when my unit was in Desert Shield/ Storm..

The deadly chemical weapons have been successfully 'weaponised'. This means that conventional artillery and missile warheads have been fitted with delivery systems for VX gas. These include Scud B, C and D missiles.

These rockets are capable of hitting any location inside Israel and, Sky sources said, they are capable of spreading VX gas in bomblets similar to those seen in cluster munitions.

la2

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I thought that when i was reading it, makes you wonder why this hasn't popped up sooner. Most of the agencies around the world would have known what Syria had, so this news wouldn't really be a huge surprise, yet its being reported as if suddenly Israel found out, did the math and thought damn this is bad.

The issue with Israel going in to sort it, is surely that would prompt Iran to defend Syria, Russia too. Then we have the US and UK having to back up the Israeli's, giving the NATO powers the ideal opportunity to strike the nuclear sites in Iran. Yet somehow I still feel like there is something missing, everything that is going on is leading somewhere but is lacking the final catalyst to push it over the edge, I just cant figure out what it could be.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Im right with you there, just what detail is holding up the show is hard to pick out.....
This Chem weapons trip is and has been common knowldge for years now....
I believe you may have the reason de etre with the Isrealis popping into it...But then again, i have expected they would take some action over Syria sooner or later....either grab a bit more of it, or attack for the chem weapons etc...maybe airstrikes on the weapons dumps even...or better et the isrealis have cruise missiles too....
Why send the army when the airforce can do it from 30,000 ft?
Soon the alies will be forced to act or the ruskies will land their tanks and take Assads side.....
Then wed be looking at some complications....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow, I hate to point this out and I know this isn't going to be popular to say but this is a 100% valid and very real threat. Syria is only 1 of 7 nations that isn't a member of the treaty on chem weapons and is widely aknowledged to have an actively running and daily type producing chemical weapons industry. It's believed to pretty well produce whatever Syria feels it's stockpiles need on demand. The whole truckload from Sarin up to the nightmares like Vx and worse.

The thing is....This is nothing new and no secret by any stretch. If we'd stop pushing this whole thing to war, this wouldn't be a concern anyway. Even if this is pushed all the way to war and Assad's execution before the world is happy, the security of the Chemical Weapons stockpiles should never ever be a question. It's absolutely criminal that hundreds of tons of ordinance walked out of unguarded depots all over Iraq and the same happened in Libya. Well, the war hasn't happened yet and the planners are still planning. So, plan up a solution or don't go to war. It's just that simple.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

The only thing I can go by is from the 1st Gulf war, and what I felt..

When we were deployed, it was to remove Iraq from Kuwait, just being a young soldier and not as wise to what makes the world go round, the one concern that my fellow troops had was when Saddam threatened, then, began launching scuds into Israel..

I know I feared that Israel would swiftly retaliate, and escalate the region into a huge conflict.. as Israel had some strong response to an Iraqi scud attack on their nation..

I was amazed and relieved that they showed patience, and accepted the new defense deal Patriot missiles on their soil, and let the coalition do what it had to for whatever PTB were seeking.

Fast forward to now..

If Israel is ramping up the threat level, all I can think of is that is a message to it's western allies to do something soon or they will have to.

Though I am older these days, I would never claim to be all knowing, just relating my current view on this situation to one I lived through decades ago..

I do think this is just the next step in TPTB's move to completely destabilize the middle east, it's almost complete, I just wonder if destabilizing the entire globe wasn't their goal from day one..

bluntly.. it's a mess, and innocent folks will be paying for the ambitions of evil people who look at the world as their own game of Risk..

Isn't that the way it's always been though?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
oh Isreal really?, what about their chemical weapons ready to be fired against Iran??, why no one can't complain about it?, # warmonger zionists bastards

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Damascus will be nuked.

It is funny, how all these places talked about in a book written by sheep herders 4000 years ago.

See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.

Are to this day still in the news, fighting the same battles for centuries.
edit on 11-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I totally agree its a real threat, and one the population as a whole is not prepared for, i think it is however very strange how its being portrayed and its timing is suspicious. This coming less than a week after putin told diplomats to prepare for the worst, and Iranians were told the end of times was coming.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well here we go AGAIN...... Bla bla country has bla bla weapons,( sounds familiar) ... hmm U.S.has chemical weapons...where's the "outrage"... oh thats right........ "Their" the terrorists.......right....?
I say let the boys fight, enough of the S@%t talking lets see who will win.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

EXCEPT that its Rothschild fervently working for fulfilling it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What is this Sky News source? I've never heard of them before, sounds like something that you see exclusively on airlines, like those Skymall catalogs.

Really though, thanks for sharing this. I had no knowledge of Syria's chemical weapons, and we can all agree there's too much blood being shed there now. Everyone always looks to us to solve the world's problems,

Could Israel handle Syria alone? It would be great experience for them, and maybe... Just maybe... They could do it without our help! That, I would fully support. If they need some help, perhaps they could call up that new government we created over in Iraq to assist them, being that they are right next door?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ManicDepresive1

I guess you know that there will be a nuclear exchange and you will be involved . Don't think that your world will not change . In your moment of reckless disregard you have invited a oil shut off from that region of the world at the very least if it doesn't spread . You won't be able to afford to ride around and play your boom box or go to the club .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Amen to that .

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If Iraqi had Chemical weapons that walked out the door, and so did Libya, then where are they?

Seriously dude, did you take them.?

The middle east is supposed to be full of nut jobs and extremist kooks so, where are these weapons. Why hasn't Israel been inundated with these weapons.

This is all so bloody predictable! Learn from the past! Either that or some mad genius is making one mother of a chem bomb.

P

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm cool with all of this as long as the terrorist state of israel goes in alone and the US stays out of their fight.
No more US boys and girls need to die for some terrorist state, especially when they readily kill our people without recourse.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Israel will have the upper hand IF they do actually go to war (which I hope not and doubt so), because Syria is sorta in a state of shambles now, with the the rebel uprising and all.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Madhouse

Israel will have an upper hand no doubt ,but it will lose large part of its population thanks to Syrian biological weapons.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

Not only that but Syria is run but the same party that supported Saddam, it is well documented that chemical weapons and know how (and probably some nuclear information and even material, not weapons) was transfered to Syria. This even got into the news at one point...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Baath party of Syria and Iraq are totally different.I suggest you research it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join