It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future: Mind traps to enslave your mind in a system where you can never die!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Technology moving so vast and expansive in many avenues of life. Neural implants used to help or used to enslave a mind? What if in the future it is possible to transfer you mind into a computer system. What if some big corporation used this type of technology to trick people into getting the implant to help them in everyday life, when it also has a more sinister basis behind its design. To get as much information from ones mind and use it to enslave the individual! We are just now beginning to see implants for prosthetics to implants that help people see. Let's hope technology doesn't ever fall into the wrong hands the way the way everything else around us has?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
how do you know this isn't already the nature of existence? eastern sciences have been saying this for 15k years

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

If we can assume that:

1) Soul is eternal
2) Soul reincarnates until it completes the work

Then this has been in place, in this world, for 200+ years and it has nothing to do with technology. It is entirely based on ignorance and abuse of the knowledge the masses are ignorant to.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Look up soul traps supposedly located on the moon to trap human souls and keep us reincarnated on Earth...

Not saying I believe it, but unfortunately if souls can be detected by some sort of technology it can POSSIBLY be captured by some advanced alien civilization.

I'm just hoping it isn't true

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not too worried, if this ever happend we would just have to wait for Morpheus to find the One who will save us all.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I'm not too worried, if this ever happend we would just have to wait for Morpheus to find the One who will save us all.

we need to find morpheus

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Biotech is coming soon. Just as any thing new its nor good or bad. Guns do not kill people, people kill people.

Now Imagine this. A secret Government that has power over the "real" Government. It answers to no one, it has a endless pit of cash and power to create technology's witch the public will never see. Supper computers that can compile all your post on any website, figure out exactly who you are to the point of accurate prediction. Recreating your mind from your seemingly mindless comments.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

Sounds like the Matrix

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
how do you know this isn't already the nature of existence? eastern sciences have been saying this for 15k years

The people around me can create an ego mind thru indoctrination but they have a hard time controling the other me in my unconcious.

Evolving and learning can sometimes be a pain. But sometimes it is kinda nice.
edit on 12-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

new topics

top topics

join