It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning Of Christ's Crucifixion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have come to understand that the story of Christ is a story of the infinitely diverse manifestations of ego converging into a unity, producing Perfect Reality. The story of the crucifixion, whereby Christ takes on the sins of all the world in order to purify them, is a central part to this story. Sin literally meant 'to miss the mark,' all the way back to the original hebrew, and it is a reference to all the various wrong views and actions that result from dualistic perception.

Christ took on the sins of the world. What this means is that all viewpoints and actions that have ever, or could ever, result from a separate ego, converged into him. He accepted everything that anyone has ever, or could ever, think, say, or do. All of these things entered into him, and then the crucifixion occurred. All the infinite manifestations of ego entered into One, creating a supreme unity, which one might call the infinitely large ego, or perhaps the Self; 'Self' here means self-hood itself, rather than a particular self. Some have called this awareness Christ Consciousness. The infinite manifestations of ego died in the One, and the One re-rose in spirit.

This re-birth is the living expression of the infinitely large ego unified. Ego, by definition, means part. This infinitely large ego, this Self, is not a part, and yet it contains the fulfillment of every pursuit any ego could ever want. This is the supreme fulfillment for everything that every living being could ever want. This unity of all manifestations of Ego in the One is what Jesus called the Kingdom of Heaven, or the Kingdom of God. I prefer to call this the Perfect Reality. Jesus says he gave the holy spirit as a free gift. The holy spirit represents the fundamental essence of being, that unites all things. Through this holy spirit, one enters into the Supreme Unity, and this is the essence of Perfect Reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Nice topic OP. That being said............

I really think that the whole "he died for sin" is an invented gimmick and a cop out.

I believe that the death of the "Christ" archetype and the calling for a "Christ consciousness" that the age of Christianity ushered in is a representation of the law of Earth.

Here, in our reality on Earth, everything that lives must die. Everything that lives must devour life to continue to live. From one point of view, it's a cruel world.

But it's a wild ride and it takes a leap of faith to leave our spiritual comfort zone and sense of belonging and oneness with the source. Maybe we're here to do a "great work." Maybe we're here for fun. Whatever our purpose, suffering is a very important part of it.

When we get past our own suffering, the suffering of others becomes apparent. For a truly spiritual person, no one is saved until all are saved. The crucifixion exemplifies this.

The cross symbolizes the cross roads that are always in front of us. There are many mysteries within the cross and the rosy cross. The without and the within, the convergence of realities and worlds.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the story of Christ was fabricated to diminish the name of Julius Caesar, a man who stood toe to toe with the system and defeated it.What do we really know of Julius Caesar today? We are taught he was a dictator, tyrant, and a plunderer. Rarely do we hear about the wealth and land redistribution that were the hallmarks of his policies. Debt forgiveness was another. He also made it illegal to sell ones self or children into slavery to repay debts. He considered natural sovereignty something that couldn't be used as a commodity. He also made it mandatory that employers in Italy must have 1/3 of their workforce be Roman citizens. Reducing unemployment, crime, and compelling monetary distribution to the lower classes. These are just some of his policies he enacted while in power.Imagine if Caesar got the attention Christ does today. The world we live in would probably look vastly different .This of course is just my opinion, and I won't argue or pressure anyone into my ideals. Just figured I'd throw something out there to think about. He was revered as a god. His Ideals and policies were considered unforgivable by the rich elites. A man like that could not be continuously raised to such a high standard. Sooner or later average people may have caught on to what he accomplished.
edit on 11-7-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think the Julius Caesar theory is kinda nifty, but about as likely as saying Caesar was really just the product of Shakespeare, One may quickly say that physical history supports the fact Julius Caesar lived and ruled Rome and I'd agree...but many Christians would note the same about Jesus Christ. He didn't get coins minted for him or rule an empire so the footprint is Godzilla compared to a lamb, but even a lamb leaves track and so did he.

Personally though, I don't believe the dying for our sin thing myself. I'm not Christian, by way of disclosure, but have read and do respect the Bible as being as much historical recording of the times as it is religious scripture to so many. I tend to think the first version of something is generally the most accurate though and the same here. I think the Old Testament is far more in line with what I'd imagine a God to actually be and do vs. the warm, fuzzy and kinda kuddly image people recorded in the New and still hold of Jesus Christ. His Dad was absolutely unforgiving and downright homicidal on a whim.

IF JC was everything portrayed, I don't think his return will be a time for happiness, by anyone. Those who didn't do things have stood by and allowed it by omission of action. Being Christian won't likely impress The Big Guy for inaction and apathy toward what the Bible said can't ever happen. Every one of us allows the evil around us by omission of action and willful ignorance seasoned with generous amounts of apathy, Don't mind me though, I'm not Christian, as noted....and it's just my wandering thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
All of these things entered into him, and then the crucifixion occurred.

What a coincidence. That's also the time when the Romans got fed up with him to the point where they wanted him dead. Talk about a guy with excellent time management skills. You gotta give it to Jesus. The man knew how to work his surroundings.

According to the Romans of the times, they wanted him killed for one reason while Jesus said he died for another.

If you're looking for a difference of opinion, there's one for ya.

And that's pretty much the way it still is when you think about it. People are still debating the details of something that happened 2,000 years ago. I don't know how they do it when I have a hard time remembering what I did last year. That's why I write actually. So I can remember things. It's always been that way. But at least when I do it, I leave no doubt in peoples' minds what my message is. I clarify things to where they're absolute and un-debatable. ( To the right people at least )

Wish I could say the same about the Bible. If I was God I'd find a new editor because the old didn't do a very good job in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Jesus died for past, present and future sin.

God said, the price of sin is death.

God lives outside time, He already knows what needs to be done.

Jesus Is God in the flesh. Think, Jesus preached, made miracles, escaped evil over evil for years until he knew his mission was complete, He knew what was going to happen and He gave Himself up.

For such a strong person, we finally see him weak, while he is carrying the cross. Jesus didnt just suffer for us on the cross, He suffered for all past,present and future, from the mount of olives, to pilot, to the pillar. He fell 3 times, for Jesus to fall 3 times it must signify something. Perhaps 3 world wars?

Jesus died for past, present and future.

The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

edit on 11-7-2012 by NicelyToasted because: macbook pro with a swollen battery so my trackpad is going mental

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, historians and authors do tend to exaggerate their ideals.The term 'poetic license" comes to mind. The one thing we do have that lends some credence to Caesar are the writings of men of his time like Cicero and Cato. Men who fully credited him for being "cut from a different cloth" so to say. (I used my own poetic license there) These men were strong opponents of Caesar and that in itself says something about the mans ability I think. Unfortunately, we don't have the same type of sources to reaffirm the works of Christ. By that I mean sources that were there, and in numerous quantity. That's not to say he absolutely did not exist, but the list of truly credible sources are short, and that hurts the case for the story of Christ from a historical perspective.

edit on 11-7-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

The "meaning"? Didn't He already explain it? Especially at the last supper?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NicelyToasted

Jesus died for past, present and future sin.

Then he died in vain wouldn't you say? Unless of course his death was meant to promote it. You have to admit, that sentence that I quoted, that you wrote, doesn't clarify either way what the man stood for. This world is just as rife with sin now, if not more so, then when he was alive.

Prove me wrong.

People sacrifice their lives, as a manner of speaking of course, on a daily basis. Where does it get them? Aside from doing good for the sake of it, nowhere. Don't get me wrong, if more people did good deeds for the sake of it the world would be a better place. But the fact of the matter is, that is just not the case. It would be naive to think otherwise.

Everyone just needs to throw the Bible away and start doing good for the sake of doing good. For Petes sake, that book has done more to confuse and divide people then Satan ever has.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by TheJourney
All of these things entered into him, and then the crucifixion occurred.

What a coincidence. That's also the time when the Romans got fed up with him to the point where they wanted him dead. Talk about a guy with excellent time management skills. You gotta give it to Jesus. The man knew how to work his surroundings.

That's rather funny. Pilate stated 7 times that he found no fault with the Man and washed his hands signifying he and as an extension Rome was innocent of His blood.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
All it takes to believe in Jesus is to just humble yourself and make an honest cry for help and guidance. I was raised catholic, after I went to college in 2004, I was around 18/19, I figured Christianity was a primitive way of controlling people. I researched day and night to find answers, so much that i almost flunked out of college. I was interested in new age ideas and i practised related exercises. Long story short, I made mistakes, Bad things happened, some internal part of me cried out to Jesus and i was on my way to safety.

Its very late here now and i have an interview in the morning but if anyone wants to know more i will be glad to share in the morning.

Goodnight all.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That's rather funny. Pilate stated 7 times that he found no fault with the Man and washed his hands signifying he and as an extension Rome was innocent of His blood.

Then why did he serve as the judge and jury? Let me guess.......to keep his constituents happy. And then years after the fact, he changes his story to keep yet other people happy. And people think Romney flip flops on the issues? Seems like Pilante is the master of that disguise.

I'd love to stay and chat but play time is over for the day. I'm limiting myself to two hours and sleep does help one stay awake.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ah, I now realize I didn't make very clear that I am speaking of 'Christ' as a larger archetype, and am speaking of the whole story as a metaphor. Whether or not 'Jesus' actually existed is completely irrelevant. I did not mean to imply a basis in a literal belief of the man or the story, but rather a larger archetypal theme of reality, that applies to all of us. I apologize for not being clear...people who know my philosophy would assume such, but I rarely post here and people don't know my philosophy, so you are all probably assuming I'm literally talking about a guy who lived 2,000 years ago...sorry for the misunderstanding...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
before i reply i just want to make sure that i am doing so in a friendly way, too many times do people in forums automatically take up an aggressive attitude towards each other, as i hope you are not
I will answer in my beliefs and you have equal rights to answer in your own.

There is only so much that we can understand, whether it be evolutionist (bare with me plz) vs creationist. The eternal question is always "what came before that?" Our Human minds can not comprehend such things, unless time is the problem. Take time out of the equation and everything makes sense right? So everything is now. Which raises the question... what is now? MINDF**K!

Every answer we want is waiting for us, all we have to do is have patience for it. Why are so many people in this world so afraid to admit that they are lost as the poor people they feel better than.

In the eyes of my father, Your father, we are both brothers, we are all the same.

JUS one more thing. Think of one of those bad situations in life that u know its going to define you, like cheating, or stealing, or whatever. now think immediately afterwards how you feel. Its either good or bad. My father and yours is such a kind being that he has stretched time itself that we have many chances to learn from our mistakes.

Then he died in vain wouldn't you say?

HE accomplished more in his death/resserection than anyone ever before.

Unless of course his death was meant to promote it.

did you mean that as a question or a statement?

This world is just as rife with sin now, if not more so, then when he was alive.

as in the days of Noah so shall be the days in the coming of man.

as for the latter part of your statement regarding people scarfing themselves, I agree it is a very sad situation we are all in. HERE COMES THE POINT WHERE PEOPLE WILL STOP LISTENING.

This world is F**ked by satan, i wont sugar coat it, he ruled b4 Jesus, how do u think he tempted him with land and people?! This has been going on for thousands of years, thousands of people especially in the last 10 years have noticed this. People who look for the truth.

What have you to loose? If you read this and you dont know how everything came to be. Then what have you to loose by asking Jesus? Do me one favour please my friends, ask whatever you percieve to be the highest God for answers, I promise you he will answer.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

He had the authority to serve as the judge and jury. Red herring. Pilate stated 7 times that he found Yeshua innocent. He washed his hands and the people screamed that His blood be on them and their children. Rome had no problem with Jesus and even the first persecutions of Christians were by the Jewish authorities. Rome didn't jump into the mix until the latter half of the first century when they put Peter and Paul to death.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
sounds like?

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him. Ephesians1

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
sounds like?

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him. Ephesians1

HARPAZO!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Seems opinion is one sided view. Good on ya. You can keep it mate. Good luck with life buddy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join