It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
For 2012, the Commission approved the following recommendations:
Striking and Behind Play Incidents
- Change to Tribunal guidelines around impact to ensure that any reckless or intentional strikes which are inherently dangerous and / or have the potential to cause serious injury will not be classified as ‘low’ impact and will be given a higher impact rating than other offences;
- Change to Tribunal guidelines around intent to ensure that any striking action with a raised forearm or elbow will be classified as intentional, unless there is clear evidence the strike was not intentional;
- Changes to Tribunal guidelines around intent to ensure that any striking action that occurs behind play, off the ball or during a break in play will be classified as intentional, unless there is clear evidence the strike was not intentional.
Rough Conduct (Tackles)
- Amend the guidelines to better distinguish between negligent and reckless dangerous tackles by including relevant factors such as lifting a player off the ground and using a double action in the tackle.
- MRP instructed to be more stringent on staging, with excessive exaggeration of contact in an unsportsmanlike manner to be a reportable offence in addition to feigning contact.
Originally posted by DarknStormy
Being a big fan of AFL pretty much all my life, Especially the West Coast Eagles, I have witnessed how the game has changed dramatically over the years. One thig that is standing out to me today is the trbunal system which to me, really sucks.
For 2012, the Commission approved the following recommdations
o feigning contact.