It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK military asked to cover 3,500 Olympic security worker shortfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well now we have 3,500 soldiers on board for security of the London Olympics.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There was a time when hosting the Olympics as a great honor and a chance for the host country to show the world its unique beauty.Now soldiers,missles on rooftops?This sounds like a security nightmare!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just like every other 4 years, the Olympics will go on with no crazy terrorist act, then England will proclaim it was the government that kept them safe.... from the nothing that always occurs.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There is no Shortfall. You put a help wanted sign up anywhere in the U.K. You will get about 3500 calls per sign. I smell what the Rock is cooking.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In four years time will all of the Olympic events be held in Bunkers!

Perhaps Greece could sell us a small island, secure it with atomic missiles and hold the Olympics there instead of this roving circus of doom.

To me, The Olympics has lost all of it's meaning. Now, it's just another race by totalitarian regimes. In fact I am reminded of the Berlin Olympics of 1936. It just feels about the same. Hmm. I will have to ponder that one. It just feels well, evil! The whole world feels bad. That's bad bad, not good bad.

P

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The olympics of $$$
Its just a scam orchestrated every 2 years to make the money flow, nothing more.
I mean why we need a country to pay tremendous amount of money to manage a army while our enemies are fabricated out of repression from shady organizations.
You create more shady stuff when people start to realise terrorist are as dangerous as falling house furniture.
It sux simply because any bbc can print any false flag in no time, sometimes even before it actually happens.
Just think about what went on in Libya and you would expect 3 strikes your out, but no, I guess it doesn't work that way and in fact, never been.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread. I am VERY surprised that this has not had a lot more flags and stars.

As soon as I saw this news item I could see the writing on the wall. This security personnel shortfall will be the excuse given when the pre-planned 'terrorist' attack takes place.

There is a double-edge to this very sharp sword: not only will lack of adequate security be blamed for the attack that will take place, but British police are already complaining that this situation shows that privatising the police is a bad idea. Whilst there are many facets to this specific debate, it sets the premise for even MORE state control of the police, media, transport and basically everything in the UK (and elsewhere) once the games are over.

Additionally, bosses at G4S are gonna get their assess whoopped when all of this is over.

Be prepared for the storm that is approaching.
edit on 13-7-2012 by chemistry because: more info

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's time to do away with the olympics. Not only can the world NOT afford the money needed to host, but the price of a SINGLE TICKET to an event is bat snip crazy!

Nobody cares about the sports involved in the Olympics, which is why it's amazing that it's so popular every two years (summer, winter Olympics)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Now the question is .. Are the people feeling More or Less secure ?

we already know the answer to that !

JAK

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
More secure, obviously.

Category: Security Company of the Year
Winner: G4S Secure Solutions (UK)

G4S wins international recruitment strategy award

G4S secured the accolade for Best Global/International Recruitment Strategy, against stiff competition from Hertz and Unilever, for its highly innovative and effective direct resourcing strategy. This strategy enables G4S recruiters and hiring managers to recruit staff themselves without the use of third party intermediaries and at a fraction of the cost.

As for sensationalist headlines such as Olympic security chaos: depth of G4S security crisis revealed - Recruits tell of chaos over schedules, uniforms and training while ex-police officers asked to help out just ignore them. Look above Best Global/International Recruitment Strategy. Best, as in win!

Pithy, sorry pissy comments such as

Guards told how, with 14 days to go until the Olympics opening ceremony, they had received no schedules, uniforms or training on x-ray machines. Others said they had been allocated to venues hundreds of miles from where they lived, been sent rotas intended for other employees, and offered shifts after they had failed G4S's own vetting.
May, admittedly, to the untrained eye, make the idea of any award which includes the term "recruitment strategy award" seem absurd. But it isn't. Lets just leave it at that.

Ok, so the £284m contract was for 13,700 guards. This is just a technicality, 4,000 13,700 9,000 they're just silly numbers, an' we all know how easy it is to make up numbers without a letter after, look: 1305893! Easy. Now, £284m. That's proper, there's an 'm' there. That's real and that's what G4S is all about too: Keepin' it real. Why else would we have been given this contract? Again, look above, Awards. You got any? Nope, didn't think so.

The idea that G4S is responsible for corporate dereliction on a spectacular scale is not newsworthy and anyone who would take any notice of an article over a year old, such as the laughable:

PFI: transferring billions from UK taxpayers to private financiers

John Reid, variously Labour Home Secretary and Minister for Health, Defence and Transport . . . turned £50,000-a-year consultant to PFI beneficiary G4S while still a backbencher. Now Lord Reid of Cardowan is a G4S director and a partner in the private-equity-meets-retired-politicians Chertoff Group . . .

in this fast moving digital info age needs to get with the times Daddy-O.*

This is a blip, nothing more, nothing to get your knickers in a twist over. Definitely not a shambles. (And that's official!)

*And yes, G4$ is hip, check it out:

new topics

top topics

join