It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Today, a homeless looking man handed me $50 and this note. Do any of you have any idea what it mea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Don't assume either of you know anything about the homeless. I've known homeless people, it's just as much the government as anything else. Can't work, too old, but they "technically" don't qualify for anything unless they bust balls for about 6 months, after which they finally get about half of what they're looking for, only to get a letter a year later saying, "Oops, you failed to fulfill such and such requirement. Your benefits are being reduced (or withdrawn) unless you respond with (some redtape bullcrap) by (ridiculous date)."

Either that, or they send it to the wrong address and they're still screwed.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skript420

And there is an edit #4....

EDIT 4 Sorry for not updating as frequently as most of you would like, but I'm pretty much ass to elbows in work right now, and my job has a filter on reddit. Just stepped out on my lunch break from work and headed to my local Starbucks. I've kept updated on my phone through Alien Blue. The last code was also decoded to read:

"YOU HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THE MESSAGE WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS. YOU CHANGED THE RULES NOW SO WILL I. JULY TWELVE FOUR PM. FIND THE BLUE JAY AT SIX AND A HALF AND FIFTY SIXTH AND TELL HIM YOU ARE THE LAST"

I plan to be there today, and I figure that as long as its a public place, I should be safe. I have a date tonight around 6, so I wont be home until around 11. I'll post any developments then.
reddit.com

Only a few hours away....
OiO

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiouslyopen

How the f*** did you get that out of the mumbo jumbo that's sprawled all over the decrypted message?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
reply to post by roadgravel

Yeah cheers for that I looked through that but what is the number code for that message, have you figured it out too? What type of cypher is it or is it a unknown one? I find it interesting and would like to see how it is solved as all of that wiki page isn't making sense in relation to this code

It is that type of cipher. The grid used the standard one shown there.

Go to rumkin.com... and use the stand A,B,C block it sets up.to decrypt

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I read most of the note (not that it made any sense) but what's this about a church?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
IMO. this is just a game someone is playing.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So this has made it onto Gawker's website.

Seems the original theory was this is a way to give out free screening passes to the new Batman movie.

Some immediately jumped on the fact that the original date corresponds with the North American release of The Dark Knight Rises and surmise that it could be part of a PR stunt that leads to a prescreening. Clearview Cinemas Ziegfeld, which has a showing at 7 PM, is located near the address provided by "Mr. Input," as is Gotham Skincare.
gawker.com

The article also notes this would not be the first time a"The Dark Knight" movie release did something like this.
cracked.com

The game took off with a bang when, during the 2007 San Diego Comic-Con, people found "Jokerized" $1 bills that led them to whysoserious.com, a page advertising jobs for Joker henchmen. Those eager to be repeatedly punched by costumed vigilantes and/or murdered by their own boss were instructed to be at a certain spot near the convention center at 10:00 a.m. the next day. Upon going there at the allotted time, players discovered a phone number ... written in the sky.

These days who knows.....
OiO

edit on 12-7-2012 by OneisOne because: formating

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Here is the first thing I thought of when I read this.

Blind Man

The Blind Man One day, not long after the end of World War Two, a young girl meets a blind man in the street. They get to talking, and after a while the blind man asks the girl if she could possibly do a favour for him. He needs a letter delivered by hand to an address in the town, but is having difficulty finding his way around. Perhaps she could deliver it for him?

Not going to spoil the story, it is worth a read and possibly even relevant to the OP's story.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomguy

It turns out the "blind" man works for a cannibal.

...oops.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ha! Awesome story about the blind man! This thread is also cool, i dont care if it is all just a big hoax, its still better and more entertaining than most things on tv! Cant wait to hear what happens tonite

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

The Spanish translates to "And the worst of his other".

Others mentioned that this is layered. Prob a publicity stunt. I've read that it could be for a video game. The message about "I'm the last one" is supposed to be about the closing scene in Halo? Could be wrong about the game.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Was looking on reddit and some said and figured out what I was thinking about the shaded letters on the not that it spells out bifid so that was good but any way still can't see how you get the letters in each spot or how they get there position in the grid maybe I'm looking at the key all wrong. Puzzles aren't my forte as you can see and always love to try and make the brain think about new things

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well, first you have to look for patterns (letters used consistently in doubles, etc.) and then make a key. If there are no patterns, then he was just a crazy dude. If there are, there's a chance this guy could be ex-intelligence or something.

EDIT: For instance, I noticed that U is probably standing in for I or A and D is standing in for O or E I have to look at it for a bit longer to really determine it. Will see if I can translate it.
edit on 12/7/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
From Reddit:

From reading the handwriting
They are: Male Aged 25-35 English is likely their native language They went to primary school in North America or Canada

The handwriting on the back of the $50 bill (numbers along the bottom) perfectly matches that of the note - so it is definitely part of the test. The "650" I can't be certain of without a better picture.

The blue 4 on the front right side, along with the blue scribble are unlikely to be related.

Something that's curious to me is that the ink used on the $50 doesn't appear to be the same type as the one used in the note. The note appears to have used permanent marker - or a felt tipped type pen. The note uses a ball point pen (as you can see with the impression on the paper with total lack of feathering or bleed).

This could mean a few different things:

The $50 was modified first with the felt tipped pen - and when the note was being made, the creator realized the bleeding effect of the felt tip pen would cause problems with such small lettering - then switched to a ball point pen.

or

The note was created first - then the $50, but the $50 was created at a different location, where the original pen used for the note wasn't available.

I find it suspicious that the "friends house" in Jersey has carpet that's made by the Shaw Contract Group - and is very cheap carpet designed for office buildings, class rooms, cheap hotels and generally high traffic areas. This carpet would likely never be found in a residential home.

I also find it suspicious that the picture you took of the 50 is 5 megapixles, but the first picture of the note is at 3.2 megapixles. Also why was there a delay to begin with - it would be common sense to post pictures of the $50 with the other pictures - especially if it has numbers written on the back of it.

Something else to mention: That note is in AMAZING condition. For someone to carry that, hold it in their hand for multiple train stops, hand it to you - without so much of a crease or a smudge on the cheap oil based ball point ink is extreamly unlikely. Also people don't just disappear from crowded train stops - you see them leave, you're stuck behind them for a few minutes to go through entrances and exits.

edit on 12-7-2012 by jNormal because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2012 by jNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For those still asking...

It is a bifid based cipher. Review how that method works. Links have been posted.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Back to the fifty dollars for the moment. Had someone been handed that note without any money attached, what are the chances the receiver would have crimpled it up and tossed it somewhere? I think they are high.

Therefore it was intended, imo. The story really begins with the bearer of the note, whether the homeless looking guy was actually real or not. It could have been presented without the added intrigue of the homeless person, but would it have received as much attention or gone viral?

It all really rings like a clever publicity stunt to me. At first I too wondered if it was a website publicity game to attract more members.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok this has been tracked back to a viral marketing campaign (very successful if i might add), to this company:

BASE Entertainment

nicely done.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

i read the link
no mention of said "publicity stunt"
its deffo a marketing ploy but not the NY spy

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiouslyopen
maps.google.com...,-73.977697&spn=70.46185,173.144531&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.735377,86.57 2266&t=v&hnear=6th+Ave+%26+W+56th+St,+New+York&z=3&layer=c&panoid=FIReS_ssiIk842kEdXXaUQ&cbll=40.763646,-73.977697&cbp=13,220.67995893156373,,0,-0.687 5493541569568

Check out the hotdog stand.

I noticed the Chase bank is opposite the Hot-dog stall.
Maybe they're gonna rob the bank !

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiouslyopen
maps.google.com...,-73.977697&spn=70.46185,173.144531&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.735377,86.57 2266&t=v&hnear=6th+Ave+%26+W+56th+St,+New+York&z=3&layer=c&panoid=FIReS_ssiIk842kEdXXaUQ&cbll=40.763646,-73.977697&cbp=13,220.67995893156373,,0,-0.687 5493541569568

Check out the hotdog stand.

I noticed the Chase bank is opposite the Hot-dog stall.
Maybe they're gonna rob the bank !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join