It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Today, a homeless looking man handed me $50 and this note. Do any of you have any idea what it mea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
maps.google.com...,-73.977697&spn=70.46185,173.144531&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.735377,86.57 2266&t=v&hnear=6th+Ave+%26+W+56th+St,+New+York&z=3&layer=c&panoid=FIReS_ssiIk842kEdXXaUQ&cbll=40.763646,-73.977697&cbp=13,220.67995893156373,,0,-0.687 5493541569568

Check out the hotdog stand.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
...Dan Brown, anyone?

I'm sorry, when I saw the key on Wikipedia, it's the first thing I thought of. I do hope someone cracks the code, though I can't imagine what it might contain...

Edit: I just checked the rest of the thread, and now you CAN'T laugh at me. Every one of those code crackers was in Dan Brown's book. Providence? Or a Dan Brown fan?

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It was on the first page. By an ATS noob, their first post.....

Des

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ATS ASSEMBLE !!!

Very intriguing

this homeless guy was maybe not so homeless
but made it believe by cheap clothe and everyone not really paying attention
its the best disguise .. its the best cover of all cover if you think you are followed
and this guy had a secret on a note but for what reason
like he wanted to get rid of it before he is caught
a person afraid will be desperate to the point where he doesnt want to die before
handling a big secret to someone

This guy at reddit made a good judgment call to post it
now it is for us to see if there is something or its a clever prank of someone wanting attention

its obviously a cypher .. thank you National Treasure for educating me on that

it is maybe a big secret for 2012 ..
we know the gov is running after everyone who could leak top secret info

by doing this cypher .. he hidden the secret so if someone find it .. nobody will know what it is
and see strange number or just a game

So

A) Big secret

B) prank with a internet adress to make you join a site .. so maybe it just spam of someone wanting attention

but doesnt make sense .. why would he go for so much trouble
and give a stranger a 50$ bill .. no homeless would give money like that and a strange note

hope we have clever people on ATS that can figure that one out
the note have the number 33 at the bottom right
and the dollar have certain letter darken
with another serie of number

so far .. maybe a illuminati secret ?
would make sense .. only them are good at making msg with codes and complicated cypher

or maybe the reddit guy have made it himself tor people like us

Prank or not ?
edit on 7/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Posted by the guy who owns said hot dog stand.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by furling
Posted by the guy who owns said hot dog stand.

could be, you show up, get tired of waiting, get hungry, buy a dog while you wait.

no one shows up and you go home.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
1342713600 represents the following date and time : Thu Jul 19 2012 12:00:00 Daylight Time

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm going to take this approach, which is at all related to the 'puzzle'...

That does NOT at all look like the handwriting of a homeless person. Why not? That looks like the handwriting of a stable individual who does not deal with any alcoholism or mental disorders. I would say that a very normal and decently capable person wrote that. It's just weird that a homeless guy supposedly gave that to someone.

Maybe someone gave him $100 and promised him another $100 if he agreed to give the note and money to someone on the train while that person watched to make sure the transaction took place.

I can't tell if a guy or girl wrote it, but the characters are fairly consistent, and that is the basis of my judgement.

Wish I knew more about handwriting analysis. Whatever it means, it can't be too serious or the person would have typed it. You can't get a friend or pay a stranger to write something serious for you.

Fun, a game. Hope it gets solved, but cryptic messages ain't my thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

But he buys the hotdog with the $50 and walks away with a lot of free money left over and a hotdog.

Sounds like the hotdog vender is losing money.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
spanish words? and zifraketa Vasco, шифр shifr cipher/code russian. weird
edit on 11/7/12 by elpistolero1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
John Stossel? He recently posed as a homeless man.
Maybe part of his jig?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

if you look carefully, it looks like a Swastika.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Looking directly at the middle and blurring my vision, I picked out a swastika surrounded by 4 crosses.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The code has already been cracked and it's nothing about Illuminati or 2012, sorry.

And you say that the illuminati are the only ones good at created codes? Are you serious? I mean, you honestly think that the illuminati are the only ones that can create good codes and ciphers? That's just absolutely ridiculous.... there are tons of code makers and breakers all across the planet, that aren't members of the illuminati. That's just silly.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So all these years I've actually been followed by Agents! And to think I even gave some of them money and burgers.

Insidious I tells ya!

I wish someone would step by step the translation of the code, I know what it is, but I've lost the key to use my brain in such a manner... See it once, hurray for me.. See it twice... a clueless man can't see it again!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

All homeless people are alcoholics and bums, with mental disorders and have the hand writing of a 2 year old. So it is written.

I remember a story here in WA where some expert lab guy, fell on hard times. He was top in his field. But after his wife left him, the bank repossessed his house and he lost custody of his kids, he became homeless.

Alcohol then took him for good. He got into the paper and someone offered him a job looking after a farm house, all he had to do was stay sober.

He did that position in, in under 6 months. Back on the streets.

But yeah, I bet he couldnt write for squat. Being homeless and everything... Uneducated, poverty stricken and never able to do a thing... wait, my bad..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Very interesting. Wish I had the brain for cryptography...

Thing is, he didn't crack the code, so it's unlikely that he will get the credit he was promised. If anything, posting on the net about what happened has caused him to monumentally fail the test (certainly it was a test). Who wants a secret agent who blogs his assignments?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Glad you said it before I did. Daynight has a problem, which I won't go into at length. It's clear from loads of his posts that he has this problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

All homeless people are alcoholics and bums, with mental disorders and have the hand writing of a 2 year old. So it is written.

I remember a story here in WA where some expert lab guy, fell on hard times. He was top in his field. But after his wife left him, the bank repossessed his house and he lost custody of his kids, he became homeless.

Alcohol then took him for good. He got into the paper and someone offered him a job looking after a farm house, all he had to do was stay sober.

He did that position in, in under 6 months. Back on the streets.

But yeah, I bet he couldnt write for squat. Being homeless and everything... Uneducated, poverty stricken and never able to do a thing... wait, my bad..

Alright wise guy, so you can cite an exception. Now let your smart pants go find the statistics on homeless people, and you will find that despite that my post was not politically correct (which means JACK in trying to figure something out), I was very right to suspect that the homeless person had a mental illness or problems with drugs or alcohol, probably alcohol because it's cheaper.

You are the type of person who would be unable to profile people at an airport, because you are too afraid to hurt someone's feelings by following stereotypes. The Israelis have some of the safest airports because they say, To hell with political correctness, we know what the real data says.

I thought about putting a disclaimer in my post, figuring some "social guilt tripper" would try to slam me.

Get real. Plenty of average people are alcoholics and suffer mental illnesses, but the homeless especially. You might have gotten more stars for your post than I did, but the facts are on my side. You lose.

SOURCES:

Mental illness 3rd largest cause for homelessness:
www.nationalhomeless.org...

34% of homeless had chronic substance abuse issues:
homeless.samhsa.gov...

For singles, the three most commonly cited causes of homelessness are:
Substance abuse
Lack of affordable housing
Mental illness
www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Well, truthfully, he said a homeless looking person. And secondly, mental disorders and alcoholism do not necessarily define somebody's handwriting skills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join