It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Proenneke's Alone in The Wilderness One Man's Alaskan Odyssey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
About a Month ago I was Watching WTTW "Your Window to the World". As they were asking for donations. They were Playing this Documentary. "Alone in the Wilderness is the documentary of Richard Proenneke"
The subject of the book One Man's Wilderness: an Alaskan Odyssey. Richard Proenneke built his own cabin in the wilderness near Twin Lakes, in what is now Lake Clark National Park & Preserve.

Part I
www.youtube.com...

Part II
www.youtube.com...

A Web Site Dedicated to Him
www.aloneinthewilderness.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The man was amazing, performing his own documentary over years and years. So interesting and informative. OPB had his documentary on several years ago as part of their fundraiser. I ordered the cd even after watching the documentary. He made living off the land look so simple because he lived simply.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gom3z

Thanks for the links.

I love things filmed out in the wilderness, especially places like Alaska and especially when someone's shown making something.
I think to myself - I wonder if I'd be able to make a cabin like that - but I'd more than likely be so heavy-handed with the axe, I'd end up with something the size of a dog kennel. Still, I suppose that would still be shelter.

I've got a sudden urge now to go and get some carpentry skills.

What about that view out of his window?!! Marvellous! I'd be happy forever if I could look at that every morning.

I see there are some other of his videos near your links, so will have a look at those too.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was just reading a post about a person who's in New Jersey or New York and some first hand tips on survival which made me think about ol' Rich here. I like to watch these vids every once in a while to keep me mind fresh on how to survive if something should happen. Mr. Proenneke was one of a kind.

new topics

top topics

join