It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex: The Secret Gate to Eden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I searched for this title in various ways and I did not see it in any threads. I apologize in advance if I missed it.

I am watching it now but was anxious to share. So far I can tell this will challenge the beliefs of some on this board, as well as other learned members who don't necessarily subscribe to the dogmatic.

Either way, I found it alluded to some interesting theories for contemplation.

Be back later...

OK - so far this is a well produced docu, tastefully blending the basic rudimentary elements of the big world religions, and then suggesting the underlying symbolisms and how it all relates. This resonates with me and I hope others will enjoy it also.

...Now I am 38 minutes in and I am not sure I like where this is going. It has taken a "sex is bad for the soul" kind of turn. You know, like, "Desire leads to suffering" type stuff. I may end up being sorry I posted this before watching in its entirety...

,,,One hour in and now it's not "sex" that is bad, it's the orgasm!

...Just finished and, according to this video, the secret knowledge of the Universe is Chastity - as defined herein as the building of sexual energy between a Man and Woman by way of intimacy without climax (or "spilling of the Holy Spirit).

This is explained by using Kabbalah, Tree of Life, Hebrew letters (and their corresponding numbers), as well as Biblical scripture (proffered as being cloaked symbolic messages hidden).

I dunno...I liked how this started but am disappointed with where it went after that. Feel free to comment...

edit on 11-7-2012 by capod2t because: Adding...

edit on 11-7-2012 by capod2t because: more addition

edit on 11-7-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Sex is a very religious experience...it is even used in certain Masonic rituals. There is a certain divinity in climax, a certain profound connection achieved, and many metaphors of life and love represented and venerated, which is why the Church banned it except in certain circumstances.

The merging of male and female, the unity of masculine and feminine, the cycle of life and death...it is all of these things.
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

It's pure coincidence the lady I'm seeing is named Eve I'm sure

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sex is a very religious experience...it is even used in certain Masonic rituals.

With all due respect, unless you are a mason who has participated in a sanctioned masonic ritual involving sexual acts, I think it's unfair to speculate such practices exist. I am a Master Mason and I am not familiar with what you suggest.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

OP, have you read this?

www.amazon.com...=la_B000AP6Z8G_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1342050743&sr=1-11

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

OP, have you read this?
reply to post by BlueMule

I have not but I just put it on my wish list. I am currently reading '___': Spirit Molecule and have read several other books re: ayahuasca.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

It depends on what form of Masonry you practice. And yes, there are different forms, just as there are different churches. The only constant is the values you hold, not how you celebrate them.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
I searched for this title in various ways and I did not see it in any threads. I apologize in advance if I missed it.

I am watching it now but was anxious to share. So far I can tell this will challenge the beliefs of some on this board, as well as other learned members who don't necessarily subscribe to the dogmatic.

Either way, I found it alluded to some interesting theories for contemplation.

Be back later...

OK - so far this is a well produced docu, tastefully blending the basic rudimentary elements of the big world religions, and then suggesting the underlying symbolisms and how it all relates. This resonates with me and I hope others will enjoy it also.

...Now I am 38 minutes in and I am not sure I like where this is going. It has taken a "sex is bad for the soul" kind of turn. You know, like, "Desire leads to suffering" type stuff. I may end up being sorry I posted this before watching in its entirety...

,,,One hour in and now it's not "sex" that is bad, it's the orgasm!

...Just finished and, according to this video, the secret knowledge of the Universe is Chastity - as defined herein as the building of sexual energy between a Man and Woman by way of intimacy without climax (or "spilling of the Holy Spirit).

This is explained by using Kabbalah, Tree of Life, Hebrew letters (and their corresponding numbers), as well as Biblical scripture (proffered as being cloaked symbolic messages hidden).

I dunno...I liked how this started but am disappointed with where it went after that. Feel free to comment...

edit on 11-7-2012 by capod2t because: Adding...

edit on 11-7-2012 by capod2t because: more addition

I would openly challenge any "Christian" to successfully prove that sex is a bad thing, using only the Song of Solomon to do so.

If you haven't read it before, OP, you should check it out. Certain early church fathers wanted to leave the book out of the canon, as they considered it to be too overtly sexual.

Sex is a beautiful thing; the only thing the Bible demands is the correct context. Biblically, that context is a marriage between husband and one wife. In that context, anything goes, really.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Completely agree with the above post and to further add to this, it's important to remember that not all marriages around the globe (especially western ones) were done via our commonly known today ritual with a priest or whatever.

For all I could give a rats, the whole gay marriage situation.. I believe that the western marriage ceremony is already as meaningless and pointless as it is that what's the harm in letting it be further drawn from it's original purpose and significance.

If some gay people want to get married, and well you know demonstrate a lacking of knowledge in what the origins of the purpose for a marriage ceremony were then why stop em~

I think it'd be better if gay people invented their own ceremony that's contextually more relevant to their joining together and all that the sexual relationship they will have will mean to them. It'd make more sense and be something I would probably show some form of respect for even though it is my personal belief that this life choise goes against the natural grains of repoduction and is kinda counter productive. That's just my own belief system and they are entitled to their own.

So to that extent, I don't understand how sex between a man and a women (as this is the context that this post was targeting) could possibly be a negative thing if conducted within a committed relationship (and by that I mean to the same standards as the original purpose of marriage)

It's probably also interesting to note that if a male climaxes (through masturbation, wet dream or whatever) they will be increasing the quantity of fluid produced during the climax. if this fluid is not regularly ejected, it has been linked to a cause of male prostate cancer and other groinal illnesses/diseases/sickness)

So basically looking at the concept of getting all worked up frequently but never climaxing.. this would lead to some very terrible results,not to mention the agony that the male and felamle will experience with blue balls (or similar for women) as well as the sexual frustration that will inflict from both parties onto the relationship.

none of this can be considered good from a psychological or medical stand point.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I thought sex was simply a physical release of pressure building up inside people. It's all the people thinking it's super special or has magical or religious properties that create all the issues in my opinion. You can create another human via sex so that is special. It is a needed and enjoyable part of life. Getting married I believe was simply confirming both are committed to raising any kid who may be born. Without a commitment by both if a child is born, the mother and or kid will likely suffer from a lack of resources or support the father would offer if committed or married. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I would openly challenge any "Christian" to successfully prove that sex is a bad thing, using only the Song of Solomon to do so.

"Christianity" never said that sex is a bad thing, I would openly challenge you to successfully prove that.

On the other hand, it would not be dishonest to say that Christianity teaches that immoral sex (sex which serves to satisfy one's personal pleasure at the expense of other human dignity) is a bad thing. And I think that's a tough thing to refute. Care to try?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I thought sex was simply a physical release of pressure building up inside people. It's all the people thinking it's super special or has magical or religious properties that create all the issues in my opinion. You can create another human via sex so that is special. It is a needed and enjoyable part of life. Getting married I believe was simply confirming both are committed to raising any kid who may be born. Without a commitment by both if a child is born, the mother and or kid will likely suffer from a lack of resources or support the father would offer if committed or married. Just my opinion.

if sex were just a physical release.. people wouldn't get emotionally unstable when partners cheat.

Marriage can't just be a commitment towards kids as not all married couples want / have kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sorry, double posted for some reason.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In itself a fascinating subject, yet it is worth taking a look at the origins of this particular video.

If I am not mistaken, this group is one of many fundamentalist sects of the “Gnostic” teachings of Victor Gomez Rodriguez (aka Samael Aun Weor) who seem to take his every word as divine and infallible. By “teachings”, some would say the nuttjobbery/ramblings of a delusional messianic/apocolyptic cult leader.

Among some of his claims is that he was the physical embodiment of the demon “Samael”, although now repented and "divine", on a heavenly misssion to save humanity. Also claimed to be “Maitraya Buddha”/ “Red Christ” / “Kalki Avatar” for the Age of Aquarius, the “White Horseman “ mentioned in revelations, the “Spiritual Regent” (angel) of the planet Mars, among many others.

He also claimed that he was “Julius Ceasar” in another lifetime, that he could vanish and move anywhere through the 4th dimension, that a race of Martians (who live in vast cities on Mars, apparrently Venus and Mercury are similar) diverted the cameras of the NASA Mars missions to the Moon, with orders to defend themselves from us pesky earthlings if necessary.

At one stage he aslo claimed that “Hercolobus” (aka Nebiru) would destroy Earth around the year 2000, though later retracted saying that no one knew when our planet would be destroyed, only that it certainly soon would be (better repent and join the "true teachings" while you still can).

Central to his teaching was that orgasm is the ultimate sin as it keeps humanity enslaved by their "ego(s)". "Egos" themselves being various forms that live in other dimensions (personifying thing such as pride, greed etc) and have the habit of possessing people. Yet it would seem fair to wonder then, why such a chaste and divine being himself, had so many offspring? Seems there must have been a lot of immaculte concieving going on. Or to wonder why a man who claimed to have an “immortal” body and a cure for cancer, died of cancer in late middle age? There is really quite a list...

It is worth studdying the claims of this man and the resulting sects and self proclaimed “Messaiahs” and “Divine Beings” they have spawned. Though more from the point of view of cultic studies IMO. Though there are some fascinating subjects within the ramblings, critics/anti cultists claim this is because his work is largely plaguerism of other authors (Gurdjeiff, Ouspensky, Blavatsky etc) and various classical works, sometimes verbatim.

Those from central American countries will probably know more of these groups and the seeming insanity of it all. It hasn't spread through English speaking countries to the same extent, as yet.

Not wishing to turn anyone away from study of such things, or claiming that the group behind this is necessarily a cult, just to be wary. Whether this or any group is viewed as cultish will no doubt be based on personal evaluation. Cult recruitment and indoctrination takes many forms.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by capod2t

There is a certain divinity in climax,

sure..
but if you dig deep enough here .. to the true gnostic practice...

climax is the one thing to avoid.. by omitting the orgasm the 'blessed waters' .. seminal fluids which have been blessed with loving vibrations.. are pulled up through the lower abdomen.. and that energy is raised up the spine to achieve kundalini awakening... opening all the 'churches' (nerve centers surrounding endocrine glands) - " chakras... which can result in physical metamorphosis into divine levels of being...

so the real gnostic practice is avoiding climax refusing the 'animal spasm' and using that same process that could result in creating an entire new sentient lifeform with a soul... and using its generative properties to evolve the individual to the same extent.. internally. physically and spiritually..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This video, and the premis therein, does not reflect the OP's opinion. While I enjoined the first half hour of interpretation of symbolism which transcended the major religions of the world with the mystic beliefs, it appears to me to be yet just one more dogmatic theory pumping fear and control into the masses.

I believe climax is healthy. Spiritual. Inevitable, actually. I've known women to reach it without "effort" (exercise, thoughts, romantic moments, etc). For men, without periodic release, the body forces the release of fluids due to build up and overflow (e.g., certain "dreams").

In fact, while it may be quite an experience to try what they suggest (in some weird ceremonial practice), I think, on a physiological level, this could actually lead to medical particular medical issues.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Am i missing the obvious here? Sex without "seed spilling" means no more humans in the future. Or is that the plan?

So whilst you may gain universal esoteric knowledge, you doom the species. Sorry but seed spilling for me every time!

edit on 12-7-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've been reading and pondering this subject for four years and I still don't know what I think.

In my personal experience (male), orgasms inevitably lead to depression, irritability, manic mood swings, compulsive behavior, and other related problems. But I think this is a personal problem and does not necessarily mean that regular orgasms are harmful to everyone. Certainly some females seem to thrive off them
But I know I feel better when I avoid them for a while (weeks, months).

I have a theory that the "loss of energy" that some experience after orgasm - which leads the more spiritually-minded to conclude they are losing precious life-force / chi / etc - may actually be caused primarily by the overconsumption of omega-6 and trans fats and the underconsumption of omega-3 fats. How? Orgasm releases dopamine in the brain at a coc aine-like intensity. But (in my understanding) one does not actually feel the pleasure from this release until the dopamine hits the brain's dopamine receptors. Crucially, these receptors are formed from fat. The brain needs to use omega-3 fatty acids to build these receptors, but if these are not available, it will use another form instead. Unfortunately, trans fatty acids are the wrong shape (i.e. the physical alignment of the molecules) and this causes the receptor to be malformed and unable to receive dopamine. Instead, the dopamine floats around in the brain and/or blood This has the effect of a) making the orgasm less powerful and satisfying and b) misleading your brain into thinking it is producing too much dopamine, causing it to downregulate dopamine production and leaving you without enough to provide pleasure for normal daily activities like eating, socialization and exercise. The result is depression and a sense of depletion, loss of energy, etc. This, I believe, is the main reason for these beliefs that orgasms are bad and to be avoided.

There are some issues with this theory, however: the beliefs about the badness of orgasm go back further in history than the production of trans fats, which is what leads me to add omega-6 and other polyunsaturated fats to the theory. In addition, I do honestly believe that there's a "spiritual" component as well; at the very least, one's state of mind and emotions during a sex act are a big factor in the depth of enjoyment and the aftereffects on mood. I grew up believing all sexual activity outside of marriage, including masturbation, was wrong and damning, so I had much guilt associated with orgasm and never was able to truly enjoy it. I have found that if I consciously focus on feelings of pleasure and affection during a sex act, it improves the experience greatly.

But, there is still a sense of depletion and depression afterwards. I am absolutely certain from my dietary history that my dopamine receptors are not in an ideal condition, and I think this can be improved or even completely healed by several years of avoiding trans and excess omega-6 fat and consuming plenty of omega-3 (fish, hemp, flax, chia, products from pastured, grass-fed animals, etc). The brain is always rebuilding itself, but it takes a while for such massive structural changes to be completed.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who wishes to have a better sex life, male or female, avoid all trans fat intake (anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils in the ingredients) and increase omega-3 intake, particularly the DHA and EPA found in fish oil*, which is more effective than the ALA found in seed oils.

If you want to hear another and more hope-inducing perspective on this issue, google "zaneblue orgasm diet" and read about a woman who discovered that megadosing fish oil and a few other practices took her from zero to tremendous vaginal orgasm abilities, leading her to write a book on the subject and help many women achieve similar success. Much of the advice applies to men and has been known to help men achieve prostate orgasm ability as well. Its very interesting and relevant reading, if you dig deep enough into forum posts on this diet, I think you will find examples of people who initially had no mental correlation between sex and spirituality, begin to have sexual experiences so powerful and transcendent that they may now have a new perspective on the spiritual. Gate to Eden, indeed?

*if you are vegetarian (I am vegetarian except for fish oil but I am very concerned that the increasing demand for fish oil is beginning to deplete wild fish stocks, so would like to avoid it if I could) there have been, just within the last few years, significant advances in the algae oil industry. Algae is what the fish eat to give them omega-3s, so you can skip the fish step and just get the algae oil straight. Currently algae oil products are prohibitively expensive in the amount you need for therapeutic doses, and they don't contain enough EPA, but within the next year or so several new products should be hitting the market that should drive prices down, and new technology has just been developed that allows a better balance of DHA and EPA.

Sorry for the wall of text

edit on 12-7-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Am i missing the obvious here? Sex without "seed spilling" means no more humans in the future. Or is that the plan?

So whilst you may gain universal esoteric knowledge, you doom the species. Sorry but seed spilling for me every time!

edit on 12-7-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

According to their warped teachings, it is still possible to procreate. Even without orgasm, a certain amount of sperm can still be released, though not in the same quantity. As it only takes one good little swimmer...

In general though, these groups look down on couples with children. They see this as negative, a form of "karma" that they earn for giving in to lust. As you might imagine, these doctrines could instill the odd psychological problem or two, along with the "esoteric knowledge".

In true bigoted religious fanatic fashion, they also look down on gays, who needn't even bother trying any of this according to their doctrine. They are simply doomed to hell regardless. While I'm not actually gay, I think I'd prefer going to hell with them, if the other option is spending eternity being "divine" and steeped in "universal esoteric wisdom" with these people.

The best way IMO to see if any of this is helpful, is to look at the results of those who have put it to practice over the years. From what I have seen words like wisdom, kindness, knowledge etc don't really spring to mind. Though fundamentalist, fanatic, nuttier than a fruit cake, certainly do.

Though there's nothing wrong with trying any of this IMO, experimenting, finding your own path etc. As long as it doesn't involve the usual radical departure from common sense these doctrines and cultish groups usually require.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's called getting your tubes tied. Easy as that.

And really...why does the world need more kids? For every kid that's born in this country, 5 kids die over in Uganda. Why not adopt? Generate good karma!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join