It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Freedom & The Solution For A "Longing" Desire...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What is true freedom? The common definition of freedom is "unrestricted". This is not a god definition because it is impossible to be complletely unrestricted and therefore, by this definition, absolute freedom can not exist. You do not have freedom to teleport to different dimenisons, planets, or galaxies, and therefore you are not completely 'unrestricted' and even if such technology were to exist, there will stillbe other 'restrictio

A better definition of freedom would simply be "choice". If you are able to make your own choices, then this what true freedom is. If you are not able to make your own choices, then this is what slavery is. The slave always receive commands from the master unable to make their own choices.

Choice is what gives us personality, without it, we would not be living, we would be like machines, souless and predictable. It is from Choice that we set our intentions and goals. Choice is the underlying force behind it all.

If you focus on "choice" rather than "long" and "desire" for something, you will not suffer. Choices may be thought about, but they arise in the moment. There are many choices in the moment, you can choose to repeat in a pattern or to right now make your day happier, this is your choice.

Free-will is being able to choose your actions. Creativity is being able to choose your ideas rather than think from the same stream of thought that most people think. Individuality is being able to understand your choices rahter than falling into the same pattern as everyone else.

If you have a desire, instead of saying "I need this or that so badly and I can't live without it", simply see it as a choice and say "wouldn't it be nice if I had this and that, I wonder how would that be?".

Even the powerful and loving concept such as acceptance is rooted in choice, we allow people to make their own choices in life, this is love / acceptance.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If you have a desire, instead of saying "I need this or that so badly and I can't live without it", simply see it as a choice and say "wouldn't it be nice if I had this and that, I wonder how would that be?".

If I read this correctly you are saying the solution for a longing desire is what you say "wouldn't it be nice if I had this and that, I wonder how would that be?" Don't most people do this already?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are correct, fate is your free will. Everything is meant to be because you are the chooser, you are the decider of your actions.

Use it for good please, we need it. With every little thing that you do, you are changing the course of our world... like it or not.

That is why freedom ain't free.
edit on 12-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join