It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is the most unusual of schools.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes its a school, with plenty of classes and rooms, but it has one big difference. The students, are from all over the world and all have different levels of understanding and a grand variety of ages. Not only that there is no limit really to which class you can attend, amazing when you think about it. If a teacher had to teach a class like that, he or she would find it very challenging. The bright side of it is that people have the possibility to stumble on a subject they would not even consider otherwise. No point in talking about the negative side as its pretty obvious. Let us not forget where we are. school should be fun also.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I agree ATS is an unusual school. I just hope and pray that ATS will be around for many more years to come.

I am curious; why did you create this thread in the rant forum?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It might be moved to general Chit Chat.

Neat topic though. One thing you forgot to mention is that there are no teachers. Just the hall monitors ( Mods )

Oh, and the guest speakers.....The one's who start the topics.

You're right though, you can learn a lot here and run into some very interesting characters.
edit on 11-7-2012 by 4DuecesWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4DuecesWild
It might be moved to general Chit Chat.

Neat topic though. One thing you forgot to mention is that there are no teachers. Just the hall monitors ( Mods )

You're right though, you can learn a lot here and run into some very interesting characters.

I think (most of the members) are the teachers and the pupils.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
well I thought it was a bit of a rant rather than a serious subject! Dont worry about ATS there will always be one around, its us that make them dont forget!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
well I thought it was a bit of a rant rather than a serious subject! Dont worry about ATS there will always be one around, its us that make them dont forget!!

Correct sir, And if not, It's back to reddit..

edit on 11-7-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I'd have to say that I never thought of ATS as a school..or educational per say. Gee.. can I con them into calling it a class for some extra financial aid? lol..

Seriously though, you make a real good point. My wife goes nuts sometimes for the time I've been known to spend on ATS and other sites but if she were sitting next to me, she'd see my time actually posting or even reading posts is a small portion. I support everything you are saying about learning because more than not, the bulk of my time is spent with enough tabs open across the top of my browser to make reading them a challenge while I research this or that..or track down a fact on some obscure thing that all started by finding a thread here.

new topics

top topics

join