It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They say that desire is suffering - but what is the differene between 'desire", "wish", "hope"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Close but no cigar (damn I have to quit those things!).

When our innermost heart's desire becomes synonymous with the will of God, which is the honest and authentic will to love, then our desire becomes like a spring of living water (spirit) welling up to eternal life, and in that domain of new possibility, the types of distinctions which lead to suffering and hellishness, are dissolved.

All unnecessary suffering or bad karma, being fundamentally irrational and absurd, leads to conscious suffering (awareness) leads to the end of suffering and the realization of that which is eternal deep within, which truly satisfies without exhausting itself.

We were thus made ultimately for heaven, yet may have a few hellish roads to go down along the way, but that said it's important to remember that hell has no bottom, so it's best to take wing and begin to fly right now and begin to experience heaven and the good life as it was meant to be lived, and ourselves as we were created.

"How happy are the meek, peacemakers, humble, those who thirst for righteousness (what's right) etc etc for they SHALL be satisfied."

There is another type of desire which draws us into koinonia (deep mutual participatory sharing in communion) and thus into a relationship with God.

So we're created for the good life, for happiness and joy of the lasting kind that isn't contingent upon circumstance, but we might have to go to hell first in order to discover what we do not want, and hey "he who's been forgiven more, loves more!"

There's no amount of sin that can overtake the grace of God, thank goodness.

The difficulty is WHAT we are desiring, whereby there is always an attachment to an outcome of some kind even at the most fundamental quantum physical level - free will and choice is wired right into the very fabric of creation.

But a man without any desire whatsoever, isn't really a man, and if he just "sits", he accomplishes nothing.

That there's so much misguided desire and endless unnecessary suffering in this world then, is really an awesome opportunity of the farthest reaching proportions for the one who's able to overcome that world and realize, even if only in part, to begin with, the kingdom of heaven, which is of the very nature of things as they really and truly are, and desire is to fit right into that nature which is the nature of God who is spirit and truth and life and the reality as it is. "And to him I will give all these things and I will call him my son."

The problem is that we desire that which leads us away from God/truth/spirit/life, because at some level we are terrified of what we really are and the life that God intended for us, like we're not worthy or because we think it's too good to be true, but why do we so fear the very thing that makes us most happy and satisfies to no end, it really is absurd, and there's a big time joke in it when we finally come to the end of the fake program and all the #ty training we've been fed by "modern civilization".

It's time to bring forth from the storehouse of treasure, BOTH something very old AND something very new.

I hope to do it in this lifetime and I hope you'll join me.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. Some may get an instant negative bias with the word "God" and the scriptural quotes, so let me put it this way. When we begin to experience God, relative to all this nonsense and absudity, and recognize how merciful and loving "he" really is (and would have to be), the only real response you have, aside from maybe gratitude for not being hellbound is - "Oh God you're so funny I can't believe it!", but that the joke goes on and on, is all the confirmation you need that indeed it's true and that God loves to smile with us when we come to recognize just how foolish we were being all along. I hope that helps.

edit on 11-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I was speaking of the Christian god. Defining "God" by other standards or ideals would create an entirely different case...and I cannot speak on such things without knowing them.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This is not a religious thread, so I will not argue or even discuss the contents of your post. If you want, you can copy the post to one of my religious threads where we can continue to discuss it.

Until then, let us stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This thread is the direction conclusion from this thread and t gets no replies.

[link='http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread859923/pg1']here[/link]

I don't think there is much more to discussion in regard to the definitions of these different words.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is impossible to talk about the right and appropriate orientation of desire, without touching on spiritual truth and growth, and I did clarify that by God I was also referring to absolute awareness, in the light of which, wrong or inappropriate desire, which leads to all unnecessary suffering, is utterly absurd and ridiculous, by comparison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join