It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Made $1-5 Million from Company that Outsourced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Breitbart

Nancy Pelosi Made $1-5 Million from Company that Outsourced

Not to be undone in this continuing tit-for-tat fight on who can make the most money from anything at all connected to "outsourcing", Nancy Pelosi is now part of the game !!!

She evidently has been getting "partnership" income from an outfit that is active in the "Outsourcing to Asia" follies.

Her part is from "Matthews International Capital Management LLC"

That's Matthews Capital not to be confused with Bain Capital.

Now of course she probably had nothing to do with direct management, but the whole thing sure is ironic as hell

Plus that, Nancy sure seems to have a whole lot of "capitalist" investments.

She also lists quite a few bank loans and mortgages.

The Democrats' hypocrisy on outsourcing continues. As they attack Mitt Romney for being an outsourcer, it was revealed that President Barack Obama sent stimulus money -- U.S. taxpayer dollars -- overseas, and the Republican National Committee (RNC) called him out on it yesterday.

Now, it seems like former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has benefited from companies that outsource jobs to Asia to the tune of between $1 million to $5 million.

According to The Daily Caller:

According to Pelosi’s 2011 financial disclosure statement the Democratic House Minority Leader received between $1 million and $5 million in partnership income from ”Matthews International Capital Management LLC,” a group that emphasizes that it has a “A Singular Focus on Investing in Asia.” A quick trip to the company website reveals a featured post extolling the virtues of outsourcing.

AND, this gemstone...

According to the same report, "Pelosi is also a small investor in the embattled “Moduslink Global,” one of the “outsourcing pioneers” that Mitt Romney has been criticized for associating with while at Bain Capital."

Shucks !!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

you think if any of us invested money with mathews capital we'd get a return like that.

something tells me it would be highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is Pelosi running for President???

How about Wasserman???

Funny how you guys defend Romney who is running for President by attacking people who aren't running for President.

Simple question...why won't Romney release his tax records to show people exactly where he has his money invested???

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well it matters after all if a certain political group like the left and their political leaders cry foul about outsourcing and they are sitting there making millions of it.

Like Pelosi
Like Wasserman
Like Obama touring America talking about jobs and outsourcing and riding around in a Canadian tour bus.

Makes them the hypocrit's they are and people have every right to call them out on it.

They made it an issue.
edit on 11-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Is Pelosi running for President???

How about Wasserman???

Funny how you guys defend Romney who is running for President by attacking people who aren't running for President.

Simple question...why won't Romney release his tax records to show people exactly where he has his money invested???

Romney has released tax returns.

The 2011 is still not done yet however, but they gave the "estimate" format.

I think what people are questioning are some alleged older "missing" years, and some alleged foreign bank accounts.

Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax return, Romney’s estimated 2011 filing (Full text)

edit on Jul-11-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
you can just tell from looking at that crazy bitch that shes not all there. Throw all there asses out im sick of it, the 2 party system does not work

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The "tour bus" was ordered in 2010 by the Secret Service and will be used for all future presidents. The buses were purchased through Hemphill Brothers Coach in Tennessee. The truth is the bus was purchased from a US company and part of it was assembled in Canada and part of it at the Hemphill site. A second bus was ordered for the Republican nominee.

edit on 11-7-2012 by SebastianQuinn because: Realized I forgot to delete info after double checking sources

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SebastianQuinn

So what's the point there?

Gm was bailed out and they have plants in Canada and Mexico more outsourcing, and then we have the current potus who made Immelt "job czar" which has a long history of outsourcing jobs to China and other parts of the world.

Hell Hummer was sold to the Chinese most likely due to Democratic pressure and conditional as per the bailouts which put my fellow hoosiers out of work since the hummer was made in Indiana.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
She is living the American dream, let her be, we all want to be rich and powerful looking down on everyone. She has the right to lie to the american public to sustain this level of luxury. The bottom line is what matters, and may the earth blow up if she ever has to lower herself to your level of 'living'.

Good job nancy, you look great and do not look over the age of 98. Hope the limos, planes, expensive food and your pathetic view of exaggerated self worth was worth it.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well if the Hummer weren't a brand filled with nothing but ginormous, gas guzzling SUV's that cost as much as a house perhaps it wouldn't have had to be sold off. It was little more than a niche market vehicle for pretend badasses to pretend they are badassed suburban soldiers.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by neo96

Well if the Hummer weren't a brand filled with nothing but ginormous, gas guzzling SUV's that cost as much as a house perhaps it wouldn't have had to be sold off. It was little more than a niche market vehicle for pretend badasses to pretend they are badassed suburban soldiers.

Sorry but that is misinformation and a severe lack of facts.

The hummer H2.H3 had the option to be fited with a duramax diesel that could run any biofuel mix, including E85.

The diesel version gets 30 mpg and has a range of 600 miles.

Fact of the matter when the Hummer was introduced it got the same gas mileage Jeep wranglers and other Suvs.

The later H3 sold comparable to any other Suv.
The yukons,denails sticker price was 50,000+ depending on options.

edit on 11-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The point is this bus was ordered by the secret service NOT Obama. As a long long time lurker I know exactly where you stand politically. You, like many other posters love to try and pin anything on this president. You left out that an American comany received $2.2M for the sale of two buses. This is not an "Obama bus". This bus is part of the Secret Service fleet and will be used for all future Presidents.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing Pelosi isn't running against Obama. That would make 2 greedy people who don't invest in America trying to get into the presidency.

Nice catch

edit on 11-7-2012 by spinalremain because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Funny how you try to deflect from the fact that people are capable of EXPOSING the corruption, lies, and hypocrisy of more than one person at a time. Deflection attempt on your part = fail.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just some food for thought; Do any of you out there really believe that it's easy nowadays, to avoid making investments in companies that don't have at least some involvement in outsourcing? I mean, isn't that really the "nuts" of the problem?

It kinda like trying to buy products that are made in the U.S.A., it's damn near impossible!

I'm someone who is constantly going the extra mile to find the product I need from an american source, but it's not always possible any more. I'm more than willing to pay twice the price, sometimes even more, for those american made products but they're still hard to find.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against buying all foreign made products. I'm against buying products made in countries than do not have and enforce, workers rights and environmental/consumer protection standards that are equal to those we have here at home.

Once Clinton signed NAFTA into law and awarded China with "Permanent Most Favored Trading Status," the door was opened for anyone willing to sacrifice american values for profit. Granted, many american companies wanted to continue production in the U.S.A., but the competition from artificially cheap products made in countries devoid of worker/environmental protection standards eventually forces them to either go out of business or follow suit. I believe that products coming from places like China or Mexico should be heavily taxed, (to the point of non-profitability) to help mitigate this disparity.

I'm not attacking or defending Pelosi for her investments because I don't know whether she made these particular investments with the intent to profit from outsourcing or whether it was just an unavoidable circumstance, like trying to buy products made in the U.S.A..

On the other hand, I think it's more than clear that the role Romney played at Bain Capital was much more indicative of his intent to profit directly from the outsourcing of american jobs. At times, their entire strategy was to drive the company they just purchased into bankruptcy via outsourcing and then reap millions in profits from consulting services rendered during the process.

In a nutshell, the consumer who is always searching for the cheapest available product can pretty much blame themselves, (at least to some extent) for the outsourcing of their own jobs.

There's always someone willing to work cheaper than yourself and if allowed to do so, your employer will seek them out and employ them in place of you, all in the quest for more profit. That's why it's called "The Race To The Bottom."

Un-taxed outsourcing to non-compliant countries is nothing more than a global race to the bottom.

Sorry for rambling on.

new topics

top topics

join