It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Personalized Advertising Doesn't Work!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My old Hoover Vacuum cleaner kept breaking, broken belt, dust spewing out all over. I fixed it once and used it twice before it started all over again, dust everywhere and a rubber skid mark from the belt breaking again.

So, I went online to research vacuums, looking at weight and flexibility of use, bag or no bag, amperage, etc. I found one I liked and Walmart had the cheapest price, so I bought it.

Now that I have my new vacuum cleaner, Google keeps putting up ads, luring me to purchase a, you guessed it, vacuum cleaner!

A few months ago, I shopped online for a wheeled trolley for my sewing machine. Found one that I liked and could afford at Overstock. Bought it.

After that, for months, I got all kinds of ads for the exact same trolley. How many sewing machine trollies does Google think I'm going to buy?

I'm not a religious person, but I like to debate religious topics here on ATS. I get all kinds of ads directing me how easy my online certificate for ordination will be or Bible schools I should attend! HAHA!

Why do these executive think that this kind of advertising will pay off? I mean, 'cmon! Really?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Think of all the people who shop online regularly or use a smart phone. I take it you must not shop a lot online neither do I so I understand what you are talking about. If you want to know more about how it all works check out www.google.com... and www.google.com.... Personally I found what they do and how they do it interesting. Think along the lines of exposure I mean you just talked about hoover vacuums and being ordained.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by furling

Yeah, I talked about a BROKEN Hoover vacuum cleaner and the irony of becoming ordained!

HAHA! I get it, it's a science. I do click on what's trending here on ATS!

I guess I'll just have to accept that I'm just another consumer.

Interesting links, BTW!

EDIT: I do a substantial amount of my shopping on line, but I'm not a shopaholic by any means. I just get what I need for my business and my home as it's easier than driving, parking and shopping around for the best price.

edit on 11-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Same for me if I can buy it online I do. My lady friend does all this advertising stuff for a living and was surprised to see how it all works. As much as I also hate consumerism, all the google advertising is really beneficial to small or local company's, gives them a platform to compete with meg / super stores. So there is an upside to it all.
Edit I should mention that depending on what you sell and want advertised it can run from $200-$1000 a month. The $1000 end usually is HVAC or home electric repair. Not bad to be advertised on the internet.
edit on 11-7-2012 by furling because: (no reason given)

top topics

join